Sign in to follow this  
Truly_Blessed

Love or Lust???

Have you ever found yourself looking at a man or woman and falling maddly in love? Do you question your love for this person? I think you should. Is it possible to love someone that you just met? No, because love is supposed to be based on what is on the inside and not just the physical. What you feel the first time you meet a beautiful person is not love. It is lust. And it should be avoided. That is why we are asked to lower our gaze. The more you look the more tempation you will feel and the more sins that you will commit. The reason I am writing this post is because I have observed the many other posts on love and romance. Why does romance have to matter? It's not like you are permitted to do anything until after marriage so why don't you wait to be surprised?

is romance a thing that really exists. Is it a thing that we should really look towards and dream about. This is a question that i pose to all our somali nomads. Living in our western countries we a constantly being brainwashed to look for and desire romance. By looking for love and romance we are being diverted away from gaining power as a people and as a race. We no longer are working or studying, instead we are left running after a thing that can never truly be obtained. So we continue to jump from one relationship in the search for true satisfaction, which can really only be found in marriage. In the mean time our women are left as single mothers striving to keep their children alive with the little welfare they can get, or they end up having to sell their bodies to survive. And our men, well if they are not sex crazed they are running around killing one another in gangs or tooo busy getting high.

Now it is time i hear from you. what are your views?

they end up having to sell their bodies to survive.

Truly blessed I agree with most of the things you said sister, but i would like to clarify this qoute for me. Are you addressing somali women, or women in general?

It is true that we have to lower our gaze especially in the non Islamic sociey we are living in, but what does looking for romance have to do with prostitution, drugs, and gangs.

What are you talking about. Well, how are you going to learn the true meaning of love if you don't contrast and compare How would you know if what you have is the real thing? Since you have nothing to compare to. I think every women should have the chance to sample 1000 and choose the best. I'm speaking out of experience. Like the speed dating. Go check it out. I also think that the fact that women should wait till marriage is crab. So go knock yourself out

Delilah   

Head of Way, what are you saying? Don't you think thats a bit liberal there? Speed dating, very non-Islamic don't you think? Anyways,i do agree with you on comparing and things, but there has got to be a way of doing it without actually doing something HARAM!!!! there has to be a way...isn't there....???? :confused:

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

I personally think that waiting for marriage is the best thing, but I do believe in our quest of searching for a husband or a wife,we should look for what is best for us.And by that ,if you must have several platonic relationships (in an islamic way,of course),to look for the perfect mate, so be it.

It is often ,rare to see someone looking for the perfect love, 24 hours , seven days a week, I mean , certain things are calaaf, you dont always control what happens and you might have a busy live to even think about it sometimes.

We dont need to be in a western society,to see that romance plays a big part in our lives.

Just because we're jumping from relationships to relationships,it doesnt mean that we will end up in gangs,have illegitimate children, or prostitute ourselves.

There's always a place for imagination , for romance it is up to us ,to follow our hearts in an islamic way.

Qac Qaac   

i couldn't agree with you more Truely blessed, well said.

if u wanna get married, honestly, stop playing games/dating/looking. just make duah and go for teh man or the woman u want. simple as a b c.

Truly blessed I agree with most of the things you said sister, but i would like to clarify this qoute for me. Are you addressing somali women, or women in general?

to answer your question sister i would like to say that i am addressing our black people. what difference does it make if you black sister or somalian sister is on the streets. IF you hadn't realized we are all the same.

It is true that we have to lower our gaze especially in the non Islamic sociey we are living in, but what does looking for romance have to do with prostitution, drugs, and gangs.

drugs, gangs and prostitution are what divert us from our goals and tasks. These are the things that lure our brothers and sisters to distruction and away from their deen and from leading a good life.