Sign in to follow this  
Kulmiye

Carrying your mothers name!

Originally posted by Kamilah:

canjeex mashallah that makes sense. But, am not sure abt when the child borns out of wedlock, why does it have to be named after the mom?? I mean the guy is to blame too..just a thought!

salaam

Yes,Both of them have committed zina and should be condemned ,How ever,since the guy has denied that he has fathered the child,there is no way oo loogu magac dari karo.

There may be a case where the mother is promiscuous and has slept with many MEN and thus the the true father of the child can not be determined easily.I think the reason women are blamed if they carry a child out of wedlock is just a common sense.She is the one that gets knocked up and also has to undergo the pain of bringing a child into this world thus ayada oo dhibkaas dhan og ayey hadana sidaas sameeyay.

Not all Men have the characteristics of Prophet Yusuf and it takes a lot of courage and iiman to say no to a woman in bed.

Kulmiye   

I appreciate the input guys- Canjeex thanks for the source, now i have valid argument if that question comes in discussion again:)

Kulmiye   

E.C. it boils down to deen- and it looks like its prohibited even though the child is been neglected by his father-side. People want to challenge society norms, and naming a child after his mother is one of them.

Naag maa loo abtirsan karow wth!! :rolleyes:

However, when that unknown inquisitive Somali elder asks who my family is, I generally give my mother's surname because hooyadee reerkeeda baa ka magac dheer meshaan jooko.

If I was in my beloved Garowe it might have been a different story. :D

BUKURR   

Axmed Xaliimo Ali... WTF

Axmed Xaliimo Fatima Ibtisaam Maliika Valentina 2+2=5 ChocolateHoney Koolkat..... Xawaa, it should be like that.

Ama Ina Xalima hala dhaho ama Ina Farah shiino haloogu yeero. Children take after their mothers most of the time. In a sense, you're what your mother is.

This reminds me, when I was little(around 7/8) I used to claim my mother's clan. I thought it made a perfect sense to be from that clan since I came from my mother's womb and my brother used to alternate between my mom's and dad's,depending on which parent he favored at the moment.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

quote: Example- lets say you're Ahmed and your father is Mohamed Hassan- instead it will be Ahmed Xalimo Ali- meaning the child will carry his mothers name instead of his father.

Shouln't it be Axmed Xaliimo Cutiya Kiin Basra oo ah reer Baxsan Mulaaxo?
Sida maha dee. Say Axmed ben-ayaan ben-azra ben-kensi ben-yameen... :D

Rayyan   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

calling someone by their mothers name .. implies that he/she is a b@st@rd .. in somali culture anyway.

nin lagu dilay baan aqaanaa .. markuu nin kale ugu yeedhay ina heblaayo

That isn't the case always dhaqan Somali so to speak, there is manly women (pretty tough) trapped in circumstance to raise her orphans cos her hubby died, she didn’t marry again, but she sacrifices alot, she rolls her sleeves and dirty and her hands to raise this orphan, this little chap takes the name of his mother who strived and worked hard to raise him till he stands on his feet.

Somalis call this chap - ina Canbaro, ina xalwo, ina Cadar.... and so on. This is Socio-Somali culture, by honouring that woman - me thinks.

Islamically, Canjeex bring down the daliil. And one of the reasons the Zina is forbidden, it destroys the family tree(NASAB),reputation of people involved. The pure chain would be contaminated. Prohibited through all the books of scripture, and Jews was gobsmacked in horror by the sight of Jesus and his mum:

"Oh sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot" Mary am (28).