Sign in to follow this  
African

HIV carrier 'infected two women'

African   

By Paul Cheston, Court Correspondent, Evening Standard

29 September 2003

A man took a "reckless gamble" with the lives of two of his lovers by knowingly infecting them with HIV, a court heard today.

Mohammed Dica, 37, preyed on two "vulnerable" women and insisted on having unprotected sex with them after he had been diagnosed with the virus.

Dica, who denies two counts of inflicting grievous bodily harm by passing on the virus, even falsely claimed he had had a vasectomy and therefore did not need to use a condom, Inner London Crown Court was told.

Mark Gadsden, prosecuting, told the jury: "This defendant picked upon these vulnerable women, wooed them and then proceeded to have sex with them, knowing all along that he was HIV positive. He had taken this reckless gamble with these complainants' health, and their lives." The court was told that Dica, of Mitcham, Surrey, was diagnosed with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) in 1996.

A year later he met his first victim and began a sexual relationship with her by the end of 1997.

The 36-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said her marriage had come to an end when she was first introduced to Dica by her cousin.

The woman came to Britain from Mogadishu in 1994 on a Swedish passport.

Describing her first impression of Dica, who she met in Hounslow, she said: 'He was a very nice chap at the time. 'He was kind, caring. He was very friendly and social.'

She added: "He was there to support me and we became very close.

"He was saying all the right words at the right time. He was there for me every minute, a shoulder to cry on."

When the couple first had sex, the woman asked Dica to use a condom because she was afraid of becoming pregnant, but he refused, claiming he had had a vasectomy.

She added: "He said he was sure I would not get pregnant.

"After we finished, he said: 'I'm so sorry, please forgive me, God forgive me.'"

She said Dica would repeat these words every time after they made love throughout their relationship.

"I think he knew what he was doing. He was deliberately infecting me with the disease that he was carrying," she added.

Six months after the couple first had sex, the woman consulted her GP after developing thrush and severely swollen glands in her neck.

Her GP suspected she had flu. But after she had blood tests, she was "really shocked" to learn she had the Aids virus. After a number of tests, she was eventually diagnosed HIV positive in October 1998.

When she confronted Dica, he said: "I don't have it, I don't have it. I'm not HIV positive. This is a homosexual disease.

"It is a disease of cursed people, people who have been cursed by God."

Dica claimed he had been tested negative at West Middlesex Hospital in west London.

Their relationship came to a bitter end at the beginning of 1999, she said. The woman sobbed: "I'm on medication, and I will be for the rest of my life." The case continues.

holy shit,

that's what happens when you engage inmoral behavior.

The HIV rate in somalia is one of the lowest.But that does not mean that you should,should have sex with anyone.

Salam

Blessed   

Originally posted by Tony_Montana:

The HIV rate in somalia is one of the lowest.

It is actually increasing and our people sweep it under the carpet which means that more people are likely to get infected.

Well, I guess you pay a price for defying Allah and being ****** about it too :rolleyes: .

Coloow   

Dica?? Vastecomy? Afraid to become pregnat?

This does not sound somali! and then there is the woman- she is probably a somali who was a seduced by a non-somali..but this is a tragic story.

Nearly 5 years ago, a man who claimed to be a somali was on sweden's most wanted programme. He(hashim) was accused of infecting nearly 20 women (some of them somalis). On the program they showed the picture of this culprit.

He was the first non-convicted person to be shown on swedish TV.

He was an arab from yemen who acquired somali citizenship....

This DICA guy could be another non somali!

Originally posted by Ameenah:

quote:Originally posted by Tony_Montana:

The HIV rate in somalia is one of the lowest.

It is actually increasing and our people sweep it under the carpet which means that more people are likely to get infected.

Well, I guess you pay a price for defying Allah and being ****** about it too :rolleyes: .
I agree with you ,I think it's because of the war,and the extrem ignorant of the somalia people about HIV. :(

Originally posted by Entrepreneur:

Dica?? Vastecomy? Afraid to become pregnat?

This does not sound somali! and then there is the woman- she is probably a somali who was a seduced by a non-somali..but this is a tragic story.

Nearly 5 years ago, a man who claimed to be a somali was on sweden's most wanted programme. He(hashim) was accused of infecting nearly 20 women (some of them somalis). On the program they showed the picture of this culprit.

He was the first non-convicted person to be shown on swedish TV.

He was an arab from yemen who acquired somali citizenship....

This DICA guy could be another non somali!

I read about this ***** ,he infected a think about 15 swedish women.He said he got infected by a "girlfriend" he hade in Etopiea redface.gif (I live in Sweden by the way).I think they all deserve

Coloow   

Nuune as the saying goes; Luuq-luuq maroow laasim laami aa ka dambeeya!

This dude and his concubines have surely infected many others!

I agree people need to learn a lesson!

people, lets not forget many innocent people are infected as well, they dont deserve "punishment". there are children who are infected because of their parents acts, husbands and wives infected because of theyre spouses activities, or even through dirty needles during blood transfusions. lets not call it a lesson, when there are people who also get sick through no fault of their own.

Disturbing story.

Originally by Entrepreneur:

This does not sound somali! and then there is the woman- she is probably a somali who was a seduced by a non-somali..

:confused: :confused:

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Bee:

Disturbing story.

quote:

Originally by Entrepreneur:

This does not sound somali! and then there is the woman- she is probably a somali who was a seduced by a non-somali..

:confused: :confused:
Bee, I'll second that... in denial is what comes to mind.

Bal dadkan maxaa lagu samayn, maskaxday ka dhaawacanyiine.. :mad:

raula   

Somealien...well said my brother..as a public health major..one analyzes and evaluates data from different configurations...therefore..I agree w/u 100% that there are so many innocent lifes lost as a result of other modes of transmission(not only sexually).. smile.gif

Ameenah and the others...definately hit the spot on the lack of statistical data in Somalia after major disruption....it'll be a major shock once the truth comes out...(but Allah forbid).

Jawaahir and others who are confused as me...let's wish some people would change there mentality about being so-induced-somali-purity(however, Iam not advocating for sex b4 marriage)...its unfortunate..that some call themselves educated and still have an Incompetent, oblivious mental status as such... :mad: :(

underdog   

I guess the age of Innocence isn't over until reality hits close to home.

Entrepreneur, you're very naive to think he's not somali ( which is technically beside the point). You can place blame where ever you want, unless she picked the virus up from a toilet seat, they engaged in the act and they're both paying for it. I think the guy evil for trying to knowingly infect these women and he should be dragged into the street and shot.

As for the woman/women, unless this guy is running around raping them, they got what they deserved. No accidents, no mistakes. premeditated actions that involved some thought before it happened. Stand for something or fall for anything. They get no sympathy from me.

Somealien - good point and i agree there will always be innocent by-standers, but seems it's not the case here.

Coloow   

Naive, statistical data, blame, innocent etc

Naive; Was it because I said the dude was not a somalia? Underdog; I don't get your point saaxib!

statistical data: very unreliable and inflated when it comes to the third world. (note; according to the latest WHO report somalia is one the countries in the world that has the least cases of HIV/AIDS) But a disease has no creed or colour!

Blame; Yes, a message to somali women and men who do not excercise precautions. People in africa do not have access to information about this deadly disease- but somalis in the diaspora have been exposed to info bruse!

Innocent; Third party liabilities (children, blood transfusion victims, unssuspecting women and men who were infected by a bearer of aids are indeed innocent- and should be accorded sympathy.

But, read the story and you would find that this "******* " was informed was informed about the disease; he decided to befriend a somali woman (people should consider who they date- somalis are generally not infected compared to other nationalities). As they say in somali "caano haka maasho"!

raula   

But how would one categorize an innocent man who had no idea that he had the virus and infects his wife and future children back in somalia, where the use of contraceptives or getting tested is out of the Question? Maybe this man got the disease from a blood transfusion or from a unsterilized syringe at the hospital some place in Somalia. On the other hand, in a culture that is very partriachial(male-dominated in this case -when it comes to decision base), for a couple to get tested before they engage in any intimacy is totally "gaalo-orientated", hence culturally-deviating and deflection. Take the example of reproduction and child-bearing social statistics. It is very certain that many somalis(and culture in general) blame the female for not being able to have the capabilities to produce children ,when some of the cases the man is sterile(unable to reproduce). On the other hand, blaming the woman if the ratio of girls exceed the boys in a family, hence resulting in polygamy(I have experienced this in my family-and many others as well).

Briefly, if the results is from an immoral behaviour, then the subjects got what they deserve. But let not underestimate the real truth and point fingers at others when we generally are the "weakest link". Or else, who will be advocating for the poor souls back in Somalia and other african-AIDS-Inflicted people if we keep the mentality that we are above all, and that this is one-mans problem? C'mon be sensible and read your code of logistics.