Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Is okay to date ur brother's best friend?

lulla   

Hey everyone, how ya doin? what i wanna know is is it okay if u date ur brother's best friend or ya think it is dirty? let me know what ya think.

Abdinuur   

I don't know about this, but I would definitely go out wit my sister's best girl-friend. I would even marry her if she got it goin' on...lol

Personally, I think if two people are feelin' each other and there is that chemistry between 'em, then they should be together and like go out no matter what.

Give it a try and see what happens though. It's alwayz interestin' to explore new THANGS. One luv yo

Hibo   

Well if you both got it going on for each other and he is all that you ever dreamt of (your dream package) then go for it biggrin.gif . Personally if I find all I want in my brother’s best friend and we both like each yeah, you can’t help whom you fall in love with.

I got a friend, who is going out with her brother's best friend, and they are all cool and they love each other very much. As a matter of a fact they are getting married soon. So It’s all good.

Salaamz

[This message has been edited by Samira (edited 01-12-2002).]

I think it's Ok........However, your relationship with him, may destroy your brotha's and his bestfriends friendship! we girls are different if our brotha wants to date one of our Gf's we are ok with it in most cases(if the girl is good and all) but guy's don't like their Best buddy's Checking their sisters out...that is some kind a rule they have or something!.........so I've been told!! smile.gif

anyway...if he is alright then go for him(that is if your concidering marriage with him)but if you know he'll be your Next X-boyfriend..I think it's better if you don't get into any relationship with him...Imagine if you guy's break up, It will just kill your brotha's and his friendship!!.......so it's not really worthy to start something.

Ma'salaama

Hibo   

I wouldn't go 4 my brother's best friend, no matter how much I fancied him......simply because I don't want my brother knowing my biz......u kno boys....they b*tch, sorry I should say gossip (lol), as much as girls......if not more!..........but this is all moot 'cause I don't hav a brother. But I guess it applies to all close relatives.

Baydan   

LOL Barwaaqo

nah, He wouldnt dare "gossip" about you with your brother....if he values his teeth wink.gif

brothers are awfully protective dontcha know.

Poster

certainly, I dont see why not if the attraction or whateva between you and your brother's freind is mutual.

Hibo   

girl HELL NOoooooooooooooo..See ur gonna destroy thier friendship. The guy has 2 be Extra Extra EXTRA careful not to do anything 2 ya cuz like Baydan said if he starts gossing bout ya he's gonna lose his teeth, after all brotha's are defensive of thier sistas. But back 2 the case, if u date ur brotha's friend, you gonna jepordize his friendship with his homeboyz, cuz homies don't date each other's sista's. Second of all, lets say u date this guy, it won't be the same, cuz his always gonna see u as "his homeboys sista" na i'mean. Which eventually is gonna turn out bad. Because your always gonna be "Abdi's sista or Mohamed's sista" (just and example). That means, he not only has to carefull the relationship between you and himself but also with his friend(ur brotha). For example, if he calls alot, or if you 2 go out and etc. The guy wont' be comfortable talking about his big date with you, so is your brotha so is yourself. For instanse, if they see each others and your brotha asks him "hey where were ya Saturday night". Obviously he can't say "I was with your sista". But Understand this thought, if it was another chicka, he'll be like "I was with heblaayo and this is what we did and this is what happend". But in the case u go out with him, they can't discuss like hommies do because his gonna be scare for his life and has to have Respect for you and his friendship with ur brotha.

But the good side is, if he does care of his friendship with his friend, he'll never hurt ya. Cuz ya his homeboys "sista", na i'mean.

But other than that I'll say STAY the HELL oUT OF YA BROTHA's FRIEND. That's like coming between two friends and you don't want to ruin thier friendship.

Just a thought from a Sista smile.gif

VAgirl   

hey sis

i think u can date ur bro's best friend...if he is so cute and hot then go ahead and date him shiiiii....

peace

virginia is for lovers...lol..yeah

Hibo   

I can't be friends with a guy who is thinking of my sister, you know. Le alone talking about her with him. Barwaaqo, boys dont gossip but they blubber when they try to gossip

Naasir   

***sure I would date my best friend's sis, on one condition, she has to be the kind girl you would mary (of course hot too) not those girls who have a new b/f every 2nd or 3rd week. Actually I did date my best friends sis one time and I dated just cuz she made the move, but the sad thing was I couldn't talk to other girls even as a frnd or may be a bit more once he found we are together not to mention I couldn't talk bad about girls even when I see a bad girl..u know wata mean he would think ""ohhhmm is that how you see my sister too damn N****" so I got out of that relationship in a good way..But again I would date if I think it is worth the risk cuz We all now 4 sure my best frnd won't spend the rest of my life with me so I have to get the other part of me which is still missing so far smile.gif

Later Nomad People

Hibo   

lulla..

i think 2 things tat real mates respesct or watch for each other is

1.thier siters

2. and ex's---- specially,specially (sisters)

sasa82   

OK this is a very delicate situation. If you where to go out with your brother's bestfriend you have to do a little background check.

1) you have to find out how your brother would handle it and if you are willing to sacrifice his feeling for this guy.

2) you have to put into consideration that if you and the guy you are going out with have a argument, like couples usually do, you can't be having your brother beating up on his freind and then forgetting about that when you all make up.

3) If the guy becomes your boyfriend then he wouldn't act the same way with you if you ever broke up.

4) If you all end up breacking up he will always be there because he is your brother's bestfriend.

theres a lot more i could say but after you go through these comment s and you still want to go with the guy... more power to you... and on that note i gotta go :D

Lets look from guys(brother) perspective....My homy and my Sista......thats bad mix...first rule of my gang's unwritten law.."Dont mess with any female relative of any member of the gang regardless of what yu have for her or the vice-verse".Period!!!!!

Macalin   

Hell NO WAY out!

You freagging crazzzy?..My sister and my freind?..

The minute they talk..he becomes an "EX" freind!..period!

Barwaqo>Macanto let me be UR bro!...and i be sho GONNA KICK some BEHIND!..heheh

Ariadne   

NO WAY would I ever date my brothers best friend. My brother is 3 and a half years younger than me and I don't see myself robbing cribs and cradles or breaking into nurseries any time soon or hopefully ever. Its just out of the question I might as well be a stroller predator :( (yikes!)