Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

The Mission of Revisionists of Somali History: Intellectual Righteousness or Retribut

^^Dhabadii hore waa la yaqaan, Dhabadda danbana waa la yaqaan :D

Tii hore Gaalshireedle, dheh; Tan danbana Cadaadoo durugtay dheh :D

Ii kala sooc, waa qolodee ninku? Afkaan kugula hadlayna igula hadal yaan dhallaanku fahmine ...

Gabbal   

Tii hore iyo ta danbeba waa isku mid, intuba waa Hodanbari. Armaad Gelinsoor ku qaladay? :D

Mudane Gacaliye baa ninkaan adeer ugu aadan. Waa niman ceelki Berdacad wax ka cabo. smile.gif

Gabbal   

Waan ku qanacsanahay in laygu tilmaayo gibin. :D Also, I believe I might have been mistaken about the author, his name is an approximation to a very bright Ivy League educated prolific writer of a nephew of mine. If incorrect, I stand corrected. smile.gif

Gabbal   

Taleexi waan ka noqday kolkaan wacay yaraanki abtiga aan u ahaa. :D

Also, Jaalle signifies a market administration I am a opposed to. I am not a comrade. smile.gif

Taleexi   

Waa hagaag Gabbalow. Ta jaallahana afka hooyo dadka u ololeeya baan ka mid ahay, ee isku daya in meel kasta oo weedh ku haboon, oo af Soomaali ah loo heli karo, lagu dhaqmo, ereyga jaalle-na as you put it; it means a comrade in Russian context but the term has another derogatory connotation when referred to in our recent history. However let us zoom into the past a bit further when the late Somali nationalist, Sayid Mohamed, recited The Death of Richard Corfield poem. In there, he had a verse oo ahayd: Naf jaclaysigii baan ku idhi, jaallow iga daa dheh markaa eregya si aan turxaan lahayn baan u adeegsaday balse hadduu ku dhibay, xaal ka qaado smile.gif

waryaadaheen,for those of you who read the article.the author refers to theories put forward mainly by revisionists or "minority" historians that suggest the un-changed form of Af-somali is the one spoken in between the two rivers areas,due to lack/minimum contact with ajnabiis as oppose to the maxaa tiri Geeljires who roamed the desert and picked up new words,or phonetics"dhawaaq" from their neighboring communities and integrated it into Af-somali.Do yall think there is some truths to that theory? or could it be "historical retribution" at its best?