Sign in to follow this  
Truly_Blessed

Just a thought!

I was walking by a store window the other day when a poster on display caught my eye. This poster, like many other posters served a purpose, it was trying to advertise a product. But that's not why I was looking at it. The poster girl is what I couldn't help staring at, there was this perfectly good looking girl with the most hidious hair cut and style I have ever seen. This got me thinking... models have not control over their own bodies or their image, they are simply a product of what their agent and employer want them to look like. I then came to the realization that models and prostitutes are almost one and the same. neither has control over their body. I mean, you can disagree with me if you want but, how are they really different? For the model is paid to sell her body, she wears what she id told to wear, she does what she is told to do, and she says what she is told to say. Any changes to her hair, makeup, clothing, and any body piercings or tatoos she wants must first go through her agent. What control does she have? And how different is she from the prostitute? And who is her agent you may ask? Her agent is her own personal pimp. He tells her to whom she is to sell her body and for how much. In my opinion the model is no more than a socially accepted prostitue.

But why do people idolize models than, and why do so many young girls whant to look just like then, walk just like them, and be just like them?

Now there is a whole new age of model pimpitry coming to a magazine near you. Does the name Tyra Banks ring a bell? It should, she's that hot African American model out the find America's next top model. Tyra is out pimping american girls and still it is an accepted thing.

Now that I have expressed my viewpoint pretaining to this issue I'd like to hear what someone else would like to say. Do you agree with me? Do you disagree with me? And why do you think that modeling is accepted when it is no different than prostitution?

Finally!

Did you realise btw that they all do this to please men?

to add insult to injury, Most modelling companies are owned by MEN.

Shoot! I tolds yall before. women are just weaker.

juba   

WARNING : everyone i would highly advise you all NOT to respond to Chauv's above post he only wants attention, don't give it to him!!

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
*Chauvinist*

Finally!

Did you realise btw that they all do this to please men?

to add insult to injury, Most modelling companies are owned by MEN.

Shoot! I tolds yall before. women are just weaker.

lol you’re so predictable. Serves the names purpose :D

Add a bit of glamour to anything and it becomes socially acceptable :confused:

lol. Juba.

Nifty, Predictabilty has never been my best character anyways.lol

You females are a such a lot.

Fine i will rephrase what i said then.

*sighs*.

You know, its very sad that women should be used and abused in such a manner, they are high members of society and they should be regarded as such.

Women should not let men run their lives. they have the choice to pose naked ,half naked or fully clothed if they so wish.

Designers ought to respect, a woman's ability to choose her kind of hair style.

*end of sigh*

icon_razz.gif

Bess.   

like i said b4....u continue to amuse me and am sure the rest of sol with ur predictable and highly sophomoric humor..... icon_razz.gif