Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Theological Legitimacy Restored in Favor of Sharif

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

This is great. The good sheekhs must be involved in the process. I wouldn't call the efforts of the Uluma as favouring Sheekh Shariif. All they said was to support the peace process and the new government. Let us not make this into Sheekh Shariif personality please. I hope he succeeds in delivering Somalia and Somalis. His success will ultimately depend on how he deals with others if they are reasonable themselves and don't make demands he can't meet. The Fatwas of the Uluma will only bear fruits if all sides are reasonable including Sheekh Shariif and both parties make concessions as encouraged by the Sheekhs.

^^Spare me the sheepish stance adeer. This is about accepting the sheekh as the president of Somalia, and embracing his approach of peace and reconciliation. Walaalow aan wada hadalno is what he has been saying all along. The offer has been on the table. He called the culumaa near and far. Some spoke in favor of his proposal. Others come to seek some istifsaal. It’s very simple awoowe.

Somalida qaar baa fawdada ku caana maalla, and it’s understandable. But continuing the anarchy in the name of religion is utterly bogus and will be shown for what it really is.

I am very realistic and expect some will scoff these reasonable gestures, and continue to kill and maim.

Where's Kashafa, the qurbo man who in his comfort in teh west wants to achieve spectacular victories on the backs of the poor shacab. Come out waryee where ever you are

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Spare me the sheepish stance adeer. This is about accepting the sheekh as the president of Somalia, and embracing his approach of peace and reconciliation. Walaalow aan wada hadalno is what he has been saying all along. The offer has been on the table. He called the culumaa near and far. Some spoke in favor of his proposal. Others come to seek some istifsaal. It’s very simple awoowe.

Somalida qaar baa fawdada ku caana maalla, and it’s understandable. But continuing the anarchy in the name of religion is utterly bogus and will be shown for what it really is.

I am very realistic and expect some will scoff these reasonable gestures, and continue to kill and maim.

Where's Kashafa, the qurbo man who in his comfort in teh west wants to achieve spectacular victories on the backs of the poor shacab. Come out waryee where ever you are

I see you haven't grown out of your usual arm twisting in getting people in line with your thoughts. Sheekh Shariif is not the first man to be called Somali president. What makes him different and will make him different is what he does on the ground. Aniga shakhsi caabudka waa la iiga dheereeyaa, marka, I judge Sheekh Shariif and his opposition based on their stance, who is right and who is wrong on any given situation and not who has the title of presidency. If that doesn't fit your expectations, tough luck nin yohow. You can call me all the names you can think of as usual. Iska hadal yaad taqaan lagaaga haro. Sheekh has the benefit of the doubt in my book, I wait for his actions. Same goes for his opposition.

Xoogsade   

Xiinka, I will not discuss with you about politics, I am not comfortable with us exchanging views, you know my position as laid out above. I would add only few comments:

A- Sheekh Shariif is the president.

B- He deserves support for the sake of Unity and peace not for any other reason in my view.

C- His actions will either warrant continuation of support or the cessation of it. Can't ask people for blind support at the risk of their faith. That is not to say Sheekh shariif is a bad man but taking the safe road as we are all accountable for our deeds.

D- Same yardstick is the one I use to measure others who oppose him, this is not the time for war.

I felt you were a bit disimissive without a good reason, and I don't take that lightly as I view that as a threat to my freedom of thought, Tow the line or be damned sorta attitude. Sheekh Shariif kii ku guulaysta horusocodka nabadda Ilaahay haka dhigo. Xaqa ilaahay ha waafajiyo.

Meiji   

Now, some questions:

1) High scholars in the Deen support peace and speak against the continuation of war based on their understanding of the religion and what it says.

2)Religious warlords want to oppose it and contine the war.

Who is right, who is wrong?

Both groups claim Quran and Sunna as their foundation for their believes...now who is to believe?

I always knew that the religious warlords were just warlords who used the religion as their vehicle to gain political power.

NGONGE   

What has he done so far, Xiin? We keep hearing about everything that goes on around him but nothing from the man himself!

nuune   

What has he done, the answer is nothing :D

PS: Wadaadka shaarbuu la soo baxey, laf cad buu toobin ku hayaa.

NGONGE   

^^ I thought you were a Sh. Sharif fan, saaxib! Xiin told me he saw you wearing a tshirt with the shiekh's photo on it? :D