Sign in to follow this  
Faynuus

I hate my father!

Absent parents have no right to make decisions for their kids! They haven't earned the right to participate in the decision making process and they DONT deserve any love. Any man who abandons his kids and wife is a doofaar and he deserves no respect at all.

So yes, she has every right to despise the man. And dont you DARE tell her otherwise.

Somali men are known to pull that kind of crap and then turn around and act like they should be worshiped. I know this one girl whose father abandoned all his 10 kids and run off with a young thing. only to abondon her too at the age of 22 :mad: to marry an 18 year old :eek: and he is almost 70! akhas! And now that my friend is a fine young woman with character and educations and wants to marry the love of her life, he interferes talking about we dont marry qabiil hebel. And what is more horrifying is the woman(the mother) whom he abondoned million years ago acting like he is the ideal husband and telling her daughter to listen to her father if she wants Duco! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you really blame her?

Abu Hurairah (May Allah bepleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) kissed his grandson Al-Hasan bin `Ali (May Allah bepleased with them) in the presence of Al-Aqra` bin Habis. Thereupon he remarked: "I have ten children and I have never kissed any one of them.'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) looked at him and said, "He who does not show mercy to others will not be shown mercy".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

But as someone mentioned earlier, forgiveness is key. It's liberating believe me.

Forgiveness: Islamic Perspective

Despite what her father did, the man is still her FATHER! I understand that he treated her like crap and all but he is part of why she is in the donia. A perfect example of this is Abu Hurarira---his mother was not a muslim and she hated the Prophet. Everyday she would say mean things towards Islam and Prophet Muhammed (SAW).

And you know what Abu Huraria did---He prayed for her and treated her like a mother--and she became a MUSLIM!

My point is no matter what your parents do to you, you don't have to return negative actions towards them----turn it to a positive aspect.