Sign in to follow this  
Curly

America's Next Top Model Cycle 10

Faynuus   

Iam so ashamed of her really. she went too far. I cant have sex with a man ku teh becouse waan gudanahay! how untrue is that. Alla yaa fiiriya ineey wali is haysato. damn you but so far, she has the sympathy of Tyra. naagtu waa sirreey.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Faynuus:

Iam so ashamed of her really. she went too far. I cant have sex with a man ku teh becouse waan gudanahay! how untrue is that.
Alla yaa fiiriya ineey wali is haysato.
damn you but so far, she has the sympathy of Tyra. naagtu waa sirreey.

L0L.. :D . my fisrt thought was, how did she know she couldn't have sex, unless she tried it? It's only a matter of time before one of her x's appear on tv. ;)

Salaams everyone.

I only watched last night's episode. Quote of the nite : "I've never met a mean African before" lol. OMG that cracked me up, in a sad way. Walee tan waa mid waalan. Ilaahiyow ha naceebeen.

J.Lee: "Mida kale, pain is relative and therefore an individual experience. Maybe she really can't have sex. We are not her gynecologist." I couldn't agree more--FGM is a traumatic experience and mostly not talked about. I just don't buy her story of wanting to eradicate FGM. I'm not sure if she elaborated on how she plans on getting the work done back home.

What really bothers me is her racist attitude towards the African-Americans in the show. How embarrassing. Some of my bestfriends are AA and I would hate for them to think that we're all racists. Maybe she's airing our dirty laundry. And maybe we need to reexamine our own biases & prejudices, especially to African-American community.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

^^Why feel sorry for someone who exaggerates the issue?there are tons of ppl who went through FGM and you dont see them talking rubbish

I feel sorry for her because of her strange behavior. Also FGM is an abhorrent practice, and I am very sorry that it was inflicted on Fatima. There have been few studies on psychological effects of FGM. FGM has serious health consequences for women (e.g. Mental illness, bleeding leading hemorrhaging, severe back pain, problem during pregnancy/MNS, infertility etc). I don’t know if you listen to what she said but she keeps saying that she cannot have kids. Many African countries including Somali continue the practice as a matter of tradition, despite their religious conversion. This trauma imposed on the girl child is indicative of a practice comparable to torture. Honest this practice has to be one of the most barbaric and disgusting practice I have ever heard of. Fine words are not enough. What is needed is some savvy institutional rectitude.

Faynuus   

Originally posted by Ismahaan:

quote:Originally posted by AAliyah416:

^^Why feel sorry for someone who exaggerates the issue?there are tons of ppl who went through FGM and you dont see them talking rubbish

I feel sorry for her because of her strange behavior. Also FGM is an abhorrent practice, and I am very sorry that it was inflicted on Fatima. There have been few studies on psychological effects of FGM. FGM has serious health consequences for women (e.g. Mental illness, bleeding leading hemorrhaging, severe back pain, problem during pregnancy/MNS, infertility etc). I don’t know if you listen to what she said but she keeps saying that she cannot have kids. Many African countries including Somali continue the practice as a matter of tradition, despite their religious conversion. This trauma imposed on the girl child is indicative of a practice comparable to torture. Honest this practice has to be one of the most barbaric and disgusting practice I have ever heard of. Fine words are not enough. What is needed is some savvy institutional rectitude.
I agree with you ismahaan on the many lifelong traumas and side effects of these abhorrent practice but don't you think the lady went really too far. Why cant she have sex? why did she not eloborate more? how does she know she canmt have kids if she never had sex with a man or tried to have kids? was her apparent infertility as a result of FGM? In somalia more 80% of woman were mutilated and still are mutilated on a daily basis, FGM coused deaths of innocent kids but somali woman are very FERTILE! :D:D:D . above 6 kids per woman. Iam buying Waris Dirie's smart anti FGM move and her experiances as a victim but FATIMA, no am sorry dear it is not so convincing plus she is really very RUDE.

Curly   

You know it could just be a fear of having sex rather than a physical thing, either way she's the only one that knows.

Ismahaan   

Faynus yeah maybe she went too far this time but we have to feel sorry for her because she is a human being, she is Somali, she is our sister. It doesn’t matter thought, because there could be plenty of reasons for what she said Allahu yaclam. But in my opinion the judgment of individuals must always left to Allah. He alone knows the hearts and minds of us all. He alone knows how to judge plus She had committed no crime anyways.