Sign in to follow this  
Curly

America's Next Top Model Cycle 10

Curly   

After the Scandinavian next top model I wasn't surprised to see that the newest season of ANTM has a Somali girl called Fatima. So far from the first episode I'm just in shock of how Fatima's using some really serious issues as spin tools to push her to the top. Not to mention how naive she's come across with the comments "I'm never getting married" and “I can never have sex with a man!".

What the hell are you on about?!

She's also annoying the hell out of me, as at every chance she gets she has to mention that she's Somali.

My point is that fine congratulations to you for doing whatever you believe in but hey you don't have to beat the dead horse. You don't see the other girls obsessing over their origin.

Brace yourselves!

ANTM cycle 1 episode part 2

ANTM cycle 10 Episode 1 part 4

chubacka   

she used it well, suddenly everyone thinks she is interesting and strong having lived through it rather an a really annoying, aggressive litle gal.

an is it jst me or does she not look like Imaan at all?

Faheema.   

Horta where do they get these :confused: and she can never have sex with a man because she is circumcised... WTH? Well in case we can conclude that 90% of Somalis are a product of ART (Artificial Reproductive Technologies). :D

Blessed   

^LOL. Anyway, FGM is 1980s, Weris milked that cow already. She should've stayed with the 'I'm black, educated and with class, you AAs are so ghetto!' theme. Tyra will love it. :D

Waxa ugu daran, the mother in crew. I drink my breast milk ku teh...bisika. Being weird must be a top model criteria. :rolleyes:

lol, I don't watch supermodel, but my sister was going nuts over it when she saw Fatima on her favourite show.

Fatima looks burned, I really hope the show will transform her look, that curly hair needs something to do, it just isn't right for someone to leave their home, much less appear on tv looking all jacked up like that.

Ofcourse, I am not hating, just showing my love to her, but forreal, more power to the sista.

I hope she goes far in the contest. I am pulling for her, atleast she is keeping it real, and letting the self-righteous lot know that just because she is on tv and barely is wearing any clothes, doesn't mean she is giving her goodies out as well.

^^ the thing is she could've really portrayed the whole FGM issue for all its seriousness, but she used it in such a victimizing way...like please find me interesting and pity me since I had to go throught this! WTF! please sit down!

I guess the rest will tell if she can come out sounding a bit smart as shes trying so hard to portray already.

Other then that..I think she looks good..but NO Iman thats for sure!

Aaliyyah   

She wants ppl to pity her so she can be portrayed as this somali girl who beat the odds. lol puhless how many women got the FGM and have like 10 kids. But, Ofcourse FGM is something negative and should never be practiced and it is haraam and unhealthy and all that. But all these somali women trying to make their lives seem so horrible so they could become famous is pathetic. Like Ayan hersi talked abt being forced into an arrange marriage? and later they found out that she was a willing participant, and this other model waris dirie talked abt how she was circumciced at a young age and how awful it was. And now this one ...I think they sort of want to be popular, bt if you want to be a popular figure do it in a more positive means. This is disgrace :(

--------------------------

A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.

- Bruce L

Curly   

Having said all that guys, it annoyed me just as much when Marvita said "does that make you less of a woman" talk about crude!

STOIC   

Either I'm cold person by nature or I just love drama to unfold.I was rooting for Fatima when this other contestant said," I have never met a mean African like you" Its compettion and get on with it woman! The sum and substance of that impulse shows that Fatima is getting under their skin.

People are influenced in this world not much by reason, but so much by emotion.If Fatima can bring the FGM to her advantage so be it just don't abuse it.As long as she can move that long neck briskly with grace and ease she got my support :D

It was my co-worker, who loves this show, that informed me there was a somali contestant on the show this year and there was an episode she got into a fight with another model contestant where the topic "FGM" was brought up...My co-worker wanted to know for sure if that is true that Fatima couldn't be intimate with anyone?...I couldn't help but feel sadden to hear about a somali person, albeit trying to achieve something, still playing the "mutilation victim" card...According to my co-worker, she seems to be a favorite of tyra and possibly can make it to the finals

J.Lee   

Some of you guy are just being grossly judgmental. We don't know why she pulled out the FGM card.

However,

If you believe that she pulled it out as a ploy to advance in the competition then why can't you consider that she might actually be passionate about the discontinuation of the despicable practice?

Mida kale, pain is relative and therefore an individual experience. Maybe she really can't have sex. We are not her gynecologist.

B.T.W

Our religion encourages us to be active rather than passive especially in the face of injustice. FGM is an injustice that robs women of their right to enjoy marital bliss; a bliss that God bestowed on his creation so that one may legally and bodily bond with their partner (stresses the importance and reason for duality: Husband, wife, male, female, etc). Now, women like Waris Dirie are heroes in my book because they are actually fighting against idiotic cultural practices that are detrimental to human progress and evolution.

Aaliyyah   

^^Why feel sorry for someone who exaggerates the issue?there are tons of ppl who went through FGM and you dont see them talking rubbish