Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

The Realities of Puntland and Somaliland

Thankful   

Following this protocol, Meles will meet with A. Yusuf and Sh. Sharif as heads of the TFG but not with Adde Muse or Faroole.

Somaliland.net

May 16 2006 Addis Ababa,: Prime Minister Meles Zenawi has held talks with President of the Puntland Administration of the Somalia Transitional Federal Government, Muhammad Mahmud Muse Hirsi and President of the Somaliland Administration Dahir Riyale Kahin.

Posted By Somaliland Net.

In separate talks yesterday, Prime Minister Meles and the presidents exchanged views on people-to-people relations between the peoples of Ethiopia and Somalia as well as on other issues.

In a statement he gave to journalists after the talks, President of the Puntland Regional Administration, Mohamoud Musa Hersi said that Ethiopia has provided support to bring about peace in Somalia during the years the country stayed without government.

Mohamoud said he discussed with Prime Minister Meles issues enabling to strengthen cooperation in economy, security and social sectors along the Ethiopia and Somalia border.

Later in the day, Prime Minister Meles also held talks with President of the Somaliland Administration, Dahir Rayale Kahin.

Also yesterday Foreign Minister Seyoum Mesfin held talks with President Dahir.

The discussions focused on issues related to trade relations between the peoples of Ethiopia and Somalia, as well as on security matters.

The two sides exchanged views on ways of efficiently utilizing the Berbera Port as well as on further strengthening the brotherly relations between the peoples of Ethiopia and Somalia.

It was noted on the occasion that the Port of Berbera could significantly contribute to the economic ties of the peoples of Ethiopia and Somalia.

According to a foreign ministry official who attended the discussion, the two sides have also stressed on the importance of collaborating in infrastructure development sectors.

President Dahir arrived here Sunday on a four-day official visit to Ethiopia.

Hmmm, according to a Somaliland site he met with the former Puntland President first, wonder if that means anything???

Originally posted by Mintid Farayar:

Now just like all humans that Allah has created, I could be wrong so I await an official Ethiopian source or world newswire covering the Meles meeting!

Should I write my point in 'Far waaweyn'??

I guess 'Far waaweyn' is needed for some :confused:

Thankful   

According to a Somaliland source Meles did meet with Cade (contradicting what you said). Are you disputing this?

Just like in 2006 and now, both leaders are summoned at the same time, that is not protocol if you are dealing with two different countries who are not all in the same meeting. That is why when President Sharif comes, he is alone. Just like any other President in the world who comes to Ethiopia. However, when dealing with provinical leaders like Puntland and Somaliland, Ethiopia invites them at the exact same time. Because in their eyes neither is a nation.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Like two whores fighting over who pleases their pimp better, what pity!

che, going back to your analogy, i have to say we are not dealing with just whores but dumb whores. They don't get that the pimp is only using and abusing them and will dump them when they can't do the job anymore.

peasant   

faroole-zenawi.jpg

Madaxwaynaha Puntland oo la kulmay Ra’iisal Wasaaraha Itoobiya

Madaxweynaha Puntland (Bidix) iyo Ra'iisal Wasaaraha Itoobiya: XUQUUQDA SAWIRKA HALGAN.NET

Axad,March 15, 2009(HOL): Madaxweynaha Dawlad Gobaleedka Soomaaliyeed ee Puntland Dr. Cabdiraxmaan Maxamed Maxamuud Faroole oo dhawaan booqasho ku tagay dalka Itoobiya ayaa kulan la qaatay Ra’iisal wasaaraha dalka Itoobiya Meles Zanewi iyo wasiirka arrimaha dibadda ee Wadankaasi, sida lagu soo qoray wakaalada wararka ee Wadankaasi.

Madaxwaynaha ayaa masuuliyiintaasi kala hadlay cilaaqaadka dhaw ee maamulka Puntland kala dhaxeeya Dowladda Itoobiya oo laa aaminsanyahay in ay is-taageeraan.

C/raxmaan Maxamed Faroole oo waraysi sii yay Qaar ka mid Idaacadaha Puntland ayaa sheegay in Dawladda Itoobiya iyo Puntland ay leeyihiin xiriir aad u wanaagsan, isagoo intaasi ku daray in la ballaarin doono xiriir iskaashi oo ka dhaxeeya Puntland iyo Itoobiya.

Ra’iisal Wasaaraha Dalka Itoobiya Meles Zanawi ayaa isna la sheegay in uu soo dhaweeyay Isbedelkii dhawaantan ka dhacay gudaha Puntland isagoo Madaxwaynaha ugu hambalyeeyay xilka loo doortay.

Sidoo kale Madaxwaynaha DGPL waxaa uu Addis Ababa kula kulmay Wasiirka Arrimaha Dibadda ee dalka Stoobiya Seyoum Mosfen, isagoo kadibna booqasho ku tagay safaaradda Jarmalka ee Dalkaasi ku taala.

Booqashada Madaxwaynaha DGPL C/raxmaan Maxamed Faroole ee dalka Itoobiya ayaa baal cusub u furaysa xiriir ay wada yeeshaan maamulka cusub ee Puntland iyo Dawladda Itoobiay, iyadoo uu jiray xiriir hore oo labada maamul ka dhaxeeyay.

Faysal Maxamed Xasan (Boston), Hiiraan Online

boston@hiiraan.com

Bosaso, Somalia

^^^I guess that will shut up the cretin who started this thread, once and for all.

But in any case; as long as the objectives of Faroole's visit to our supposed "adversary" is realistic and is meant to attain the ends we truly want(i.e anything beneficial to Puntland)--I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Faroole's tactics of dealing with Ethiopia should be geared on serious diplomacy that will ensure the peaceful co-existance of our two peoples. The so-called "Ethiopia is our eternal enemy" approach so prevalent amongst Somalis is a very serious mistake if we truly want peaceful relations with our neighbors.

Thankful   

I agree, they sure weren't our enemies when ever single rebel group went to them for help against Siad Barre.

Somaliland should know that there is a reason both leaders get the invite at the same time.

^^^ I think you're giving way too much credit to habraha Marfishland. If anything, we should collectively sympathize with them, for they are being held hostage by Zenawi's puppet in that part of Somalia. I don't think he wants Riyaale to lose the so-called "democratic" elections that were suddenly postponed by decree(some democracy eh?), to give them ample time to come up with a solid plan to keep Riyaale the chief of habraha Shankaroon. And as such, my heart goes out to dem Shankaroon chaps; by all means, keep insisting for a free and fair suffrage, and make sure to pray that Riyaale leaves peacefully!

peasant   

Che and Kadawo

I am very disappointed how you guys equated puntland to somaliland when there is a clear cut difference between the two states. As stated so many times, puntland is part of somalia and considers it self being a member of the somali family. Puntland is also subject to the leadership of the somali nation and accepts its guidance while on the other hand somaliland does not accept and nor consider it self being a member of the somali family. So in this case the only dumbb and deaf rebellious whore unyielding to her family must be somaliland and whores are known to have the characteristic of being a rebel when going against social norms.

Xidigo   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Like two whores fighting over who pleases their pimp better, what pity!

:D:D

Cara.   

If it had been the other way around, if Puntland's "president" met with the Ethiopian premier, while Somaliland's "president" met with the police chief, the spin would be:

Puntland runs to Ethiopian master for more instructions, while Somaliland president meets with regional police chief for practical security arrangements while refusing to meet with the central administration of Ethiopia, which has perpetrated terrible atrocities against the Somali people.