Sign in to follow this  
Camel Mlik

Killing Rampage in Mogadishu

^^Ha, Ha the only incohorent thing is you wanting us to believe: what was it again you told us last time: "70% rise in property in Gedo", where the people living on top of the trees before they finally decided to build houses.

It must be that 7 out of 10 Gedonians were sleeping on top of trees before they got some development money to built themselves new homes supposedly houses but to be more accurate "huts".

Rahima   

What I find most amazing about this corner of SOL is the continuous tirade of Mogadishu bashing. Some of the perpetrators are old timers, and many nowadays keep popping up everyday. That said none claim to be from Mogadishu or have been lately yet they somehow are all historians and experts of the city because they read rubbish that the killing of four people is a ‘killing rampage’ or believe that heresy is reliable news.

Like I said interestingly none are from Mogadishu, yet opinions keep flying from all directions. I wonder why the interest and the hatemongering? (rhetorical boys, rhetorical).

You’d think that they would be more interested in their own affairs wouldn’t you? But of course not, ‘we and our region is the most productive, safest and wonderful region of Somalia’ they say, that is misconstrued pride but laughably passable (we are Somalis after all), but that is not enough…no it’s not… we must do some bashing to try to raise our status..hmm I wonder who we should bash, oh yes that old foe, those disgusting feral people (of course for diplomatic reasons we must never say that in public), and where do most of them live… what was that city again, our capital (so useless that I can barely recall the name :rolleyes: )..umm Mogadishu I think, yes Mogadishu. Boys, attack on three :D .

RedSea   

salamu Calaykum,

I too had negative views about Moqdhisho until I recently chated with some Somalis who visited there during their Summer vacation. They have taken pictures of new homes that they have built, the booming business of the Bakara Market and the beautiful 5-6 story buildings of downtown Moqdhisho, in addition to that they showed me of their personal pics of them swimming in the remarkable curaba beach.

After all, I have never thought life was extroadinary that good in a city that has been without government for well over a decade. They told me Moqdisho is very safe unless you put on nice suit with nice shining black shoes and then walk down the street, then you might get the attention that you have fat wallet.

They told me without ignoring the fact that people get killed everyday just like any other highly populated cities around the globe, they said that Moqdisho is given a bad wrap by the people and unless one goes there and expereinces it personally, it's really hard to judge the situation in Moqdisho.

I found it believable, after learning that Moqdisho ranks number one in all educational categories including Quran memorazation and recitation in Somalia . Moqdisho University was recently voted as the 79th best University in the continental Africa; finishing a head of many well known Universities in the continent.

Moreover, you might call the Islamic courts in Moqdisho terrorist division but that is after you have been joked up with misleading information in your head by the western media.

The fact of the matter is that those coursts are trying every bit to keep the city of more 2 million people safe and well educated and govern them by the rules and regualtion of the Islamic shariica. It's totally out of line to single out Moqdisho as the only place where people get killed, people get killed in the Somalia's state of Puntland, and even sometimes in Somaliland. As well as the neighboring countries including the recent killings of about 30 poeple in Addis Ababa,Ethiopia by the Police.

No one can deny the fact that Moqdisho is a place where one thinks twice before they leave home, but so as the other regions of Somalia. However, if take Moqdisho and put it against Basaso, Basaso is bit safer but Moqdisho is a head of Basaso in big margin when it comes to Education, health, and busines(Bakara Market ) and also I would personally rank Moqdisho as the second most beautiful city even after 15 years of lack of government, only second to Hargiesa; Somaliland's capital.

So brothers, I urge you to have some honest saying before you go off about Moqdisho. I salute to those living in Moqdisho for staying strong and continuating their normal life and to those Mujahids of the Ikhwanu Muslimin for doing their best to restore hope in Somalia's capital City.

Salamu Calaykum.

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

General Duke, I am not fooled by the pics of Xamar, they look every bit as catchy as you can post a pic from the Nugaal valley or even better to say the least. What can I say the life of Moqdisho is lovely, the poeple look great.

My heart goes out to them for doing the best to stay normal without an actual government. I wished them the best, and may Allah have mercy on them and give them rewards for their efforts. As someone from Hargiesa, I can only say good things about the historic and ancient city of Moqdisho. It's the land mark of every Somali. Few negatives comments by misled Somali brothers doesn't take away the pride of Moqdisho.

Salamu Calaykum