Sign in to follow this  
Camel Mlik

Killing Rampage in Mogadishu

Four men and two women were killed and robbed near Bakara market after they shopped for tomorrow's Holly Eid, observed after the end of holly month of Ramadan. The massacre devastated Mogadishu residents who were preparing for one of the holiest and happiest days in the Muslim world.

Families who were in celebratory just this morning are now mourning for the deaths of their loved ones. Shoppers started to take their guns with them to the markets. Many others simply stayed home.

Mogadishu, the most dangerous city in the world has received much more than its share of Somalia’s civil war. While the rest of the country is peaceful and going forward, Mogadishu has been in chaos since 1991.

Mogadishu warlords who claim to control the city never acknowledged their failures.

Originally posted by Camel Mlik:

Mogadishu warlords who claim to control the city never acknowledged their failures.

Does Cadde Muuse - who claims control of Boosaaso - claim his failure in not training his police force? A few days ago, I posted a topic about police ethics in Boosaaso - a city where police officers killed 2 innocent Somali civilians within 24 hours. Did Cadde Muuse admit his wrong in that case? How do you expect Muqdisho warlords to admit their failure every time something goes wrong in a city of 2 million+ people? Give me break.

Let me remind you what you wrote in the thread about Boosaaso police behavior:

Originally posted by Camel Mlik:

[QB] Waryaa since the Puntland Administration is so bad Do you want C/Y back to Puntland or some thing.

waryaa nothing is perfect Puntland is not going to be
perfect
as you want.

waryaa such things happen right here in our city in Seattle every single day war slow your roll.

Okay then. Because no place on earth is perfect, Xamar isn't perfect either. Four people getting killed in Xamar is a rampage and it deserves an admittance of failure from Xamar's warlords - but 2 innocent Somalis getting murdered by so-called police in Boosaaso can be simply explained by the fact that Puntland isn't perfect. A very intelligent line of thought, indeed!

Does anyone else see the blatant hypocrisy or am I once again talking to the wind? :confused:

here we go again Wind_talker coming to the Rescue .

Case closed the City of Mogadishu and Boosaaso can't be compared kidd.

Boosaaso has leader that people can go talk to about what's going on, people in Mogadishu don't.

Jabhad   

Case closed the City of Mogadishu and Boosaaso can't be compared kidd.

You can't compare a city of 2.7 million(Mogadishu) to a city of 200,000(Boosaaso,best of times). :D Somalias capital city Mogadishu is doing ok financially as well as socially despite the absence of government.

Tens of thousands of people went to pray EID today without a single violence.

SalaadCiid_2.jpgSalaadCiid_3.jpgSalaadCiid_1.jpg

Buying spree in Mogadishu

Ciid_1.bmp

Dugsiga indhoolayaasha Mogadishu

sawir14.jpg

Mogadishu always welcomes the good, the bad and the sick...Have some Xalwo sxb. smile.gifCiid_8.bmp

Xoogsade   

Dadkaan tukanaayo aaway qoryahoodii dadka ay ku dhici lahaayeen? According to some folks, salaadda dadkdaan isku daalinaayaan aqbal ma ahan because they live in a robbed house and eat xaaraan.

Haaruun

The school of the blind is impressive. Is that where the girl who won the prize for the Quran recitation was schooled?

Ilaahay mooyee Xamar cidna wax uma oga. If the residents could unite under one leadership, dowlad ku sheegtaan Jowharaan ugu duceen leheen iney iska deggaanaato.

Wind.Talker

Don't you feel lost in between two groups of people who both would treat you as an outsider? It is difficult to be just a SOMALI saxib. I think Bro CHE suffers the same experience. The mentality of many somalis is that of Bush moron Junior when he said: "You are either with us or against us".

nice pictures of Xamar indeed. The article of the post was one sided however lets not get carried away Mogadishu still is the most dangerous place in Somalia.

haruun, where did you get your population figures? Or should we just trust you?

Shirwac   

It is well known that Mogadishu is the most dangerous city in the world, only a fool will believe otherwise. It is so dangerous that even the DONKEYS are planning on leaving the city.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

The mentality of many somalis is that of Bush
moron
Junior when he said: "You are either with us or against us".

Waryee, our beloved President George W(hat?) Bush is not a moron. :D I actually like him. In one of his fiercest anti-Islamic speeches, he recently said: "The murderous ideology of the Islamic radicals is the great challenge of our new century."

So, to him, combatting global pandemics such as poverty, HIV/AIDS and corruption are not great challenges. Ninkaa nin rag ah waaye, sxb. These so-called Muslim leaders are scared to death, not of Bush, but of the same people he fears: real, Saxabah-like Muslims. Because of Bush's policies, the Muslim Ummah - a sleeping giant - is gradually awakening to the global conspiracy against Allah's Holy Religion.

And being Somali is only hard on SOL Politics Forum where people constantly try to match your opinions to what they think is your tribal background. But that's just Somali nature. They rarely think outside the box. A Canadian doctor I had a good chat with once told me that he was a true believer in Christianity. I asked him how come so many scientists don't believe in any religion. He said something like "the more you study science, the more you believe that God exists." Science isn't enough to explain all the things that happen in the world, he said. I use the same equation with clan politics. The more you know about clan politics (their origins, various uses, etc.) the more you know how ambiguous and disorganized it really is at the core. It has no foundation that can pass the test of logic. i.e. If "some" Somalis came from Arabia and the rest were imported from Cameroon or whereever, how come we look alike? Kibir iyo faan aan micno leheen daradii baa Soomaali qaarkood waxay isugu sheekeeyaan anagu asal-ahaan Reer Quraysh baanu nahay. LOL Negro please, dheh!

Also, does the clan structure have a core base? i.e. There's Reer Puntland, then there's Reer Bari, then there's Reer Caluula, then even those folks break down into sub-sub-sub-sub-clans. WTF? Where's it going then? First, its my clan-family is better than yours. Then its my clan is better than yours. Then its my sub-clan is better than yours. Then its my sub-sub-clan is better than yours. At the end its my father is better than yours. :D Buncha nonsensical crap! Can only make sense to a punch of ignorant nomads who chew khat and have no jobs. Dhibka Soomaali haysata waxaa sal u ah isfaham-la'aan iyo shaqo la'aan. Dadkaa hadii shaqo loo yeeli lahaa oo mashquul laga dhigi lahaa, maba isu muuqdeen. Intii an ku jirno cidaan baa cidaas dhaanta waligeen meel ma gaareyno.

But we're in this hellhole to begin with because we've constantly overlooked the primary foundation of our unity: Islam. Diintu waa sharaf. Hadaadan sharafteeda dhowrin, adaa sharafta lagaa qaadaa. As long as we keep chasing after government models based on man-made (i.e. non-Muslim) strucutures and putting Islam into second-hand position, we'll continue to suffer. Let's not forget the massacres against al-Itixad al-Islaami members in Somalia, esp. in Gedo and Bari regions in the 1990s. Some of the same men who murdered those Muslim activists are now positioned into power in Somalia. And down deeper we go into Hell. 4.5 Formula is a message directly from Hell. I think Amin Camir did an excellent cartoon whereby Somalia's seat in the African Union is reduced to a .5 (tiny seat) and the Somali delegate is told: "idinka bilaabay sheekadaan" or something like that.

Haruun thanks for the link, dont much agree with the figures though..

Mogadishu population "

Hargeisa's population is between 500,000 and 800,000. Some suggest it is over a million because no census has been performed in almost 30 years and there are many squatters and homeless people in the city.

Mogadishu (Somali: Muqdisho), a city in East Africa on the Indian Ocean, serves as the nominal capital of anarchic Somalia. Somalis also popularly call the city Hamar. Although Mogadishu obviously ranks as the largest city in Somalia, estimates of its population vary wildly
about two million.

Bosaso governs 7 districts: Qandala, Caluula, Iskushuban, Bayla, Xaafuun, Baargaal, and Qardho. Population is 387,000.

Wakamedia online dictionary.. Source.

2.7 million or 2,587,183 million or don't you actually care because they're close enough for you in numercal terms. However there is a small difference between 2.7 and 2.587,187 namely 112,813.

Moqadisho has got a large population that's not what Iam disputing. I myself for example have got numerous family in Moqadisho. None of them is married or related to the people who control Moqadisho clanwise but they live there because of business relations and because it is more convenient to them to live in Moqadisho because the rest of the family lives only some 200km off Moqadisho compared to my clansmen who live some 1000kms away from Moqadisho.

Moqadisho is home to many people because of its status as the capital of Somalia it draws all people from different clans into that city.

My relatives tell me that they live comfortably although they also say that Moqadisho is one of the most dangerous city they have ever lived in. They say any mintue the situation can escalte and change from being very peaceful to being like a besieged town like Stalingrad or even Beirut in the 80's or Berlin in 1945.

Children are not allowed to travel alone because they can be kidnapped even by close relatives.

The city has profiteered greatly from the absence of any form of rule and law and the exemption of taxes. People tried in all sorts of things in Moqadisho from cannabis to photocopiers and washmachines and dishwashers.

Although the restriction on the airports of Dayniile and Ael Ahmad have considerably reduced the goods that came oringally from Kenya.

Moqadisho is safe for most somali clans and no-one will attack you because of your clan affiliation but rather of what you have. Everything must be protected from the thiefs and armed militias who intend is to cause mischief.

So once again Moqadisho is still a place which draws hundred of thousand of Somalis to it whether for Business, Health or other issues. We can say therefore that Moqadisho is still worth of being the capital of Somalia but there is a twist which is that if you don't belong to the armed clans or you're not protected by your friends who belong to the armed clans then you're nothing and you can be subjected to inhumane and sometimes very tragic ritual mistreatment.

Also there is no police and the people don't listen to the advice of their elders and therefore many crimes that are committed are not investigated and the perpertraitors are not brought to justice.

Shirwac   

Nin dhalinyaro ah oo ka soo jeeda beelaha an hubeysneyn oo maanta loogu dilay xabad sigaar ah duleedka degmada Yaaqshiid

Marxuum la oran jiray Cali Cabdi Xaaji ayaa maanta lagu dilay xaafada Jungal oo ka tirsan degmada Yaaqshiid ee magaalaada Muqdisho, kaddib markii nin harqaanle ah ay isku qabsadeen xabbad sigaar ah, isla markaana uu xabbad bistoolad ka dhacday kaga dhuftay madaxa, halkaasoo marxuumka loola cararay isbitalka waxyar kaddibna uu u geeriyooday dhaawacii ka soo gaaray rasaastaasi.

Ninka falka geystay ayaa la sheegay in wali aan la qaban, iyadoo marxuumka geeriyoodayna uu ka soo jeeday beelaha aan hubeysneyn ee ku dhaqan magaalada Muqdisho.

Dilalka macno darrada ah ayaa muddooyinkaan dambe ku soo badanayey magaalada Muqdisho, waxeyna inta badan ka dhashaan muranno dhexmara gacan ku dhiiglaha iyo marxuumka, halka sidoo kale dilalkuna ay ka yimaadaan aano qabiil.

Dadka ka soo jeeda beelaha aan hubeysneyn ayaa canbaareeyay falka lagula kacay marxuum Cali Cabdi Xaaji oo maanta lagu dilay degmada Yaaqshiid.

Cabdishakuur Cilmi Xasan,Dayniile,Muqdisho

Ku noqo beejka

dayniilecom @hotmail.com

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Yoonis:

2.7 million or 2,587,183 million or don't you actually care because they're close enough for you in numercal terms. However there is a small difference between 2.7 and 2.587,187 namely 112,813.

Moqadisho has got a large population that's not what Iam disputing. I myself for example have got numerous family in Moqadisho. None of them is married or related to the people who control Moqadisho clanwise but they live there because of business relations and because it is more convenient to them to live in Moqadisho because the rest of the family lives only some 200km off Moqadisho compared to my clansmen who live some 1000kms away from Moqadisho.

Moqadisho is home to many people because of its status as the capital of Somalia it draws all people from different clans into that city.

My relatives tell me that they live comfortably although they also say that Moqadisho is one of the most dangerous city they have ever lived in. They say any mintue the situation can escalte and change from being very peaceful to being like a besieged town like Stalingrad or even Beirut in the 80's or Berlin in 1945.

Children are not allowed to travel alone because they can be kidnapped even by close relatives.

The city has profiteered greatly from the absence of any form of rule and law and the exemption of taxes. People tried in all sorts of things in Moqadisho from cannabis to photocopiers and washmachines and dishwashers.

Although the restriction on the airports of Dayniile and Ael Ahmad have considerably reduced the goods that came oringally from Kenya.

Moqadisho is safe for most somali clans and no-one will attack you because of your clan affiliation but rather of what you have. Everything must be protected from the thiefs and armed militias who intend is to cause mischief.

So once again Moqadisho is still a place which draws hundred of thousand of Somalis to it whether for Business, Health or other issues. We can say therefore that Moqadisho is still worth of being the capital of Somalia but there is a twist which is that if you don't belong to the armed clans or you're not protected by your friends who belong to the armed clans then you're nothing and you can be subjected to inhumane and sometimes very tragic ritual mistreatment.

Also there is no police and the people don't listen to the advice of their elders and therefore many crimes that are committed are not investigated and the perpertraitors are not brought to justice.

Such analyzation! You speak from the first person point of view, so you much have been Xamar for the last year, preferebly in that last six months right? smile.gif Or are you in your bouts of incoherency and self-rightousness again? redface.gif

Mr. Linguist firstly thank's for reading my long article.

Secondly as a Historian I've got a complex and unique style of writing. Many people tell me that they're fascinated at my writing style.

We historians use the first person to tell story's we aquired firsthandedly from primary sources that we've spoken or communicated too.

I hope this will answer your question. On the other hand can you tell me as someone who has mastered the English language what you meant with this sentence?

so you much have been Xamar for the last year

Do you mean "must" instead of "much". The other thing I've noticed as your incohorency to see beyond your "comfortable zone".

The most funny thing is that you want others to believe that I must have been to hamar in the last year or atleast in the last six months. Haven't you actually noticed that the Ban of Dayniile was only announced a week ago on the 27th of October 2005.

English is not my first language nor is it my mother tongue but what I find amusing is your penalisation towards me although it is quite obvious that you have major linguistical and grammatical problems yourself.

On the other hand you can spell.

Proof is:

so you
much
have been Xamar for the last year

Iam not a linguist but Iam a historian who sees the importance of language and who wants to tell history as it is therefore I've to use complex and different style of writing, which is totally alien to you.

I believe that you need adequate lessons and classes in order to improve your spelling because as someone who has lived in north-america for quite a lot and actually confuses the word "must" with "much" doesn't deserve to be accompanying as here in the precious fora of SOL.

I don't want to humiliate you but to be on the safe side do you remember this "Soo Laabta, Soo Laabta", War xagee baad uu cararteen baan naiiwaydiyey".

Soo laabta how funny. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.