Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

The death of the TFG is imminent

roobleh   

I am sure Somalis have done their best to create a representative government for their country. However, the TFG leadership have destroyed that hope by serving the interest of some and ignoring the majority of the Somali population. Instead of taking advice from elders and Somali educators they relied on power and foreign army. This was a political suicide committed by the TFG, and now its death is imminent.

roobleh   

Would the Somali leaders, politicians and elders once again come together for a reconcialiation inside their country to sort out differences and create a representative government?

Ms DD   

Maxaa isku keeni kara? Every elder may want his kinsman to be a leader..the leader wants his cousin to be close by for nice little earner etc etc..

Can 2 somali in a room agree on something?

roobleh   

^ I think Somalis have learned a lesson from all those conferences mediated by foreign bodies in foreign lands. I believe majority of the Somali people are now aware that a succesful reconciliation depends on a balance of power sharing. It is all about 'give and take.'

roobleh   

Ngonge, first, TFG death is imminent cuz its leadership relied only on power to crush resistance. They ignored the advice from the world powers to not only subdue the resistance but to negotiate with them also.

Secondly, the ICU resistance has changed to clan resistance and that shows the TFG failed to address the greivances from the subclans that were opposing the foreign invasion.

Now, we know that crushing ICU does not bring any more legitimacy to TFG. They are less popular and getting weaker. I wont be surprised to see the withdrawal of foreign troops in the coming months cuz of frastration and lack of progress.

Miskin   

Roobleh,

I don't think Somalis have learned anything from the recent past. If they did things would have improved.

I also do not think Clan elders, so called Politicians have the desire to change things.

WE NEED YOUNG NATIONALISTS........

What do you say???

^Insha'alaahu things will change for the better...

God says "Inna ma3al 3usri yusr", raxmada rabbi lagama quusto, and to add up "This Umma never dies" meaning Ummatal Islam... no doubt there will be glory and proposperity after the hardships.

roobleh   

The people's resistance is growing stronger each day while the TFG is getting weaker. Be honest my friend, don't you think calling the TFG death as imminent is an informed guess, especially when the TFG is resisting to change their tactic of selectively crushing resistance from certain subclans?

I am hoping that southern Somalia will once again have a peace as it happen under the brief ICU rule. However, I hope this time the group that will rule Somalia would be a group that would not be dominated by extremists.

roobleh   

Miskin,

Where are the young Somali nationalists? I am not hearing any young nationalist groups that are actively invoved in Somali politics. May be you talking about the 'fadhi ku dirir.'

roobleh   

The Somali resistance includes people from many different clans and a diverse range of backgrounds.

However, the TFG and its foreign armies are selectively bombing certain areas in Mogadishu.