Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Mogadishu: Farmaajo I wont use 4.5 forumal for cabinet

I have yet to come across a Somali who has yet to condemn this formula because its unethical to divide the nation into a clan formula but they all seem to be against this formula which leads me to believe that the reason they oppose this apportionment is that they are happy not with the formula itself but the share they get within that formula. Lets be honest, this formula was based on bringing equilibrium, veering from it will only give certain actors a reason to not only cry foul but to oppose any government not based on such a formula.

if we have attained some truths from this endless conflict, its that the way forward must include Federalism or regional autonomy, equatable share of resources and 4.5. Am baffled by those who oppose these well thought panacea without offering any credible alternatives. if not 4.5, what should it be?

You have a valid point however 4.5 should be temporary untill we cam get towards district wide elections. However regional autonomy and Federalisam are a must.

The Zack   

Naxar,

Even if all Somalis blame the 4.5 formula the fact that they all (well majority of them) want one of their kinsmen to hold higher positions in the government will not change. Currently, Somalis need the 4.5 formula more than anything else.

A good example of what I am telling you is the SOL forum and how most of the members align their political positions with their clans'. Let's just accept that fact until it changes.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

I have yet to come across a Somali who has yet to condemn this formula because its unethical to divide the nation into a clan formula but they all seem to be against this formula which leads me to believe that the reason they oppose this apportionment is that they are happy not with the formula itself but the share they get within that formula. Lets be honest, this formula was based on bringing equilibrium, veering from it will only give certain actors a reason to not only cry foul but to oppose any government not based on such a formula.

if we have attained some truths from this endless conflict, its that the way forward must include Federalism or regional autonomy, equatable share of resources and 4.5. Am baffled by those who oppose these well thought panacea without offering any credible alternatives. if not 4.5, what should it be?

You are an embarrassment to rational thinking. Because White Americans and Hispanic Americans are the majority and largest minority, respectively, Barack Obama, even though Harvard educated and well qualified, should not have become president? War isku xishood.

Siad Barre, alle hau naxariisto, put Maxamed Cali Samatar as his deputy not because Maxamed Cali Samatar came from a clan that would guarantee support and loyalty to the regime but rather because he firmly believed in equality and was ahead of our illiterate and backward people on this fundamental human issue. It is immensely disappointing that 40 years after "siinaan" was uttered, we have a regressive system in which Somali speaking people of the Muslim faith, sharing Somali culture, are labeled "others".

Then we ask why the nation has yet to be pacified. Ina Cabdullahi Maxamed Diirshe Dheere waa nin nool haduu tani ka takhaluso.

^^^ Why do you have to mention his fore fathers name if clan is not important to you? Why do you support and idolize a failed warlord like Hiiraale if clan is not important to you?

Why do you come here and mention Mohamed Siyad Barre's selection of Ali Smatar when we know what a failure that was ? If there was 4.5 in Siyad days you would not have had, Maslah, Xoosh Abdi, ilma Haji Masaale Hebel Bidaar Abdirahman Jama Barre, Mama Khadija and all those Nomads who attained the title of Colonel and Genetal strught from the bush.

Was it not Siyad Barre who allowed his clan to use the army to destroy Cadaado? which goes along way to explain to this day why you are so shook from that clan.

Was it not Siyad Barre who in all the history of Somali's used the army to target Somali civilians and clans?

Gabbal do noot lecture us as if we were born yesterday and we shall see this man and his cabinet.

Gabbal   

With the exception of Abdirahman who was interim foreign minister, none of those guys held ministerial positions. Also, may I ask what are you talking about with respect to the town of Cadaado? My mother's reer abti is from Cadaado and her mother's juffo within Siad's clan and hers' got into a petty squabble in the early 80's and if I know correctly to this day, most reer Dhabad, who happen to be from Siad's overall clan, have still not forgiven Siad for siding with reer Xaaji during that time. Have you taken a page out of the revisionism of history by Aydiid, alla hau naxariisto, led USC? None of the other things you said warrant a reply because one cannot help but expect allegations and propaganda from the supporters of yesteryear rebels who helped destroy the Republic.

SmithNWestern, your viewpoints at time come off as very provincial and not very educated. I would expect an enlightened man to concur with my stance that all man are born equal, especially in this case relating to the Somali people who speak a single language, look like each other, adhere to the same religion, and share cultural similarities but disappointingly, such a situation has not arisen as relating to you.

^^ Adeer don't worry about reer Cadaado, my connections to them are as deep as Garowe. So let's not pretend as for the nepotisam of the Siyad age, we know how that failed 1.0 system worked out.

Now I don't much care for the 4.5 thing and as we have highlighted it came about in the Arta meeting. Nothing to do with Puntland and later was used to make things simple since no clan had a census and so far had worked.

Now in a practicle sense. what will he replace it with or will he just say there is no .5 clan and we have 5 major clans?

This is what we want to see now and indeed a bold move and good talk so let's see how it goes and more importantly let's see the new names that will comprise the cabinet of Farmaaje.

Horn no one can defend the .5 nonsense but the fact is this formula was meant for the "big" and heavily armed clans and on a way it did make them equal in representation.

We shall see what he does and revisit this page.

Sophist   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

there is nothing legal about 4.5 in the cabinet

parlaiment reps are selected based on this formula but the cabinet should have nothing to do with it.

Xiin, both the parliament and cabinet is based upon this formula. I dont I agree with the arrangement but this is the law!.

S

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

4.5 waa la iskaga dulqaadan karay, especially xaalka hadda lagu jiro, if it were only 5.0 and not 4.5.

Dad dhan dalkooda u halgamay, dad dhan kusoo jiray gobonnimodoonkii in la yiraahdo qof 'barkiis' ayaa tihiin, it is not only ethically wrong, it is beyond morally and political correction. It is waa wax aad loogu yax yaxo, downright slanderous.