Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Somali Women

Poker   

Originally posted by David_Letterman:

newfront_done.gif

Fahima Osman, Physician

checkingpulse_done.jpgwalking_done.jpg

It was just yesterday when she was in grade school in scarboro.

Her father did all kind of labor work to support his family, he is now chilling in Hargeisa in his mansion. Guess who built that for him....

Very proud of you sis...

Ariadne   

Originally posted by BlueEpocha:

quote:Originally posted by David_Letterman:

allas1.jpg

Yasmin Allas Dutch writer

such an interesting concept for a photo, what is it screaming out...n I like how she is a dutch writer instead of a somali-dutch writer
very sharin reshat ( how she present herself in pictures)

muslim artist worth looking up! ( Persian womens issues she deals with)

Chimera   

MANKATO, MN: Somali High School Student wins Pathfinder Awards

Zeynab_Omar336.jpg

MANKATO — An advocate for the disabled, a progressive company and a high school student from Somalia are this year’s recipients of the annual Pathfinder Awards.

Wilbur Neuschwander-Frink will receive the Pathfinder Award, Zeynab Omar will receive the Young Pathfinder Award and Lloyd Management will receive the Business Pathfinder Award.

The awards, given annually to people who embody the spirit and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., were announced at a news conference Thursday but will be bestowed Jan. 16 at the annual Martin Luther King Community Celebration.

Neuschwander-Frink has been an advocate for the disabled for 17 years. At Thursday’s announcement, she talked about how she sees parallels between the work of Dr. King and the advocacy she does for people with disabilities.

“Getting a Martin Luther King Jr. award is, for me, the pinnacle,” Neuschwander-Frink said.

She said advocating for the disabled has been her passion since high school when she’d watch in horror as people with disabilities were bullied and treated with disrespect. Even in high school she started standing up to that kind of treatment, even if it made her unpopular with others at her school.

As a nurse, she continued her work with people with disabilities, but it wasn’t until she attended a meeting at the New Ulm Public Library for people with disabilities that she really responded to what she believes is her calling.

After that day at the library, she spent the next chapter of her life working change society’s attitudes about people with disabilities.

Among her most public efforts are the plays she writes and directs featuring people with disabilities, including “Soph and Nana” and “Words.”

Omar was nominated by an instructor, whose nomination letter described Omar as “a strong and positive woman with a heart of gold.”

Omar is somewhat unique in that she thrives in the presence of the elderly. Unlike her American counterparts, she finds herself at home with them and feels compelled to help. That’s why she works at an assisted living facility in Mankato where she works with residents suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.

“It’s rewarding, and I love what I do,” she said.

Omar, who hails from Somalia, said her goal is to graduate high school and enroll at Minnesota State University where she plans to pursue nursing. Once she completes that, she hopes to travel the world to help people in poor countries. Her first stop, she says, will be Somalia.

“I feel like that’s what I have to do,” she said. “And that’s what I want to do.”

Lloyd Management Inc. won the Pathfinder Award for a program it started to help immigrants transition into American culture.

Accepting the award for Lloyd was Julie Hawker, who works in marketing at Lloyd but her heart is more clearly in the work she’s helping the company do with immigrants.

The program, which is done in partnership with MRCI Refugee Services, teaches new immigrants basic survival skills of American living, such as being a good neighbor, cleaning living spaces and how to use a washer, dryer or microwave.

Lloyd Management also sponsors a refugee family in hardship, through their “Make Yourself at Home” program.

“Each and every single person who wants to make Mankato home should have that opportunity,” Hawker said

-

chimera

walal stop promoting women to leave their home, you should encourage the women to have a lot of children and take care of their children instead of wasting their time on gaalo education

Bluelicious;775769 wrote:
^^ Why are you against these successful powerful women? After all women rule the world.

powerful women scare me, im reminded of caraweelo and you know that didnt end well for men.

Axmed-InaJaad;775774 wrote:
powerful women scare me, im reminded of caraweelo and you know that didnt end well for men.

Aawww how cute powerful women scare you atleast your being honest about it. Darling Caraweelo days are over you are safe. These women are focused on their careers not in how to kill men or how to give them hell on earth.

This are the women your talking about:

40832526966239333001187.jpg

Chimera   

^Hey Somalische kaaskop please niet trollen in mijn topic, die persoon Ahmed is niet 100%, negeer hem. Anders bell ik Geert en dan ben je op de eerste vlucht terug naar Somalie!

Chimera;775779 wrote:
^Hey Somalische kaaskop please niet trollen in mijn topic, die persoon Ahmed is niet 100%, negeer hem. Anders bell ik Geert en dan ben je op de eerste vlucht terug naar Somalie!

waarom bel je me een troll? ik wil seks hebben met een ezel en je kijken

Bluelicious;775775 wrote:
Aawww how cute powerful women scare you atleast your being honest about it. Darling Caraweelo days are over you are safe. These women are focused on their careers not in how to kill men or how to give them hell on earth.

This are the women your talking about:

40832526966239333001187.jpg

that picture is exactly what im afraid of, first they want education, next they have an ak 47 and forcing you to do laundry. education for women is dangerous.

Chimera   

Axmed-InaJaad;775782 wrote:
waarom bel je me een troll? ik wil seks hebben met een ezel en je kijken

Direct translation of the above post: Why do you call me a troll? I want to have sex with a Donkey and you watching it.

LOL.

Chimera;775779 wrote:

Looooool that Geert can't do nothing to me you should know that. Note taken about him after I read his disturbing post you might be right. By the way great thread there will be more women like those women in the near future :)

Bluelicious;775932 wrote:
Looooool that Geert can't do nothing to me you should know that. Note taken about him after I read his disturbing post you might be right. By the way great thread there will be more women like those women in the near future
:)

who are you calling disturbing? naa xishood. don't listen to the crazy woman known as chimera.

Ms MoOns   

LOL what is happening here?

Why can't women have both? A successful career and their own family?

I find it really strange why it has to be one of the above.