Originally posted by BlueEpocha:

quote:Originally posted by David_Letterman:

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by David_Letterman:

allas1.jpg

Yasmin Allas Dutch writer

such an interesting concept for a photo, what is it screaming out...n I like how she is a dutch writer instead of a somali-dutch writer
what is it screaming out??????????????????
There is just soo much going on in this photo that an essay can be written on it...I'll give you a few pointers...look at how the writers arm is placed, look at the girl with her finger to her mouth, look at the angle of the writers' face and eyes, the girl on the right side looking at her, the book open infornt of her, the choice of clothing....to me they all point to a yesterday and tomorrow as the writer gazes on the unknown keeping herself sheltered (arms crossed)...yeah really an essay...now I'm just wondering what was going through her mind
take a cold shower waryaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol

hmmm I dont think you got where I was going with this, I just want you to read the body languages in the photo and make your own conclusions...but for now I'll side with Northern...the writer is the light of tomorrow and the girls are the dark yesterday

Shakti   

Astonishing BlueEpocha for u have seen the un-noticeable by some (including me)

At 1st I was annoyed by her pic but after reading ur pointers, I can now appreciate the picture under different aspect.

To me a pictures usually says 2 things, Good times or bad times .. that’s it!!! The rest is pink skies 2 me.

Anyways, I highly doubt that was staged by anyone.. its just another picture with halimo showing off her new dirac, I bet

David_Letterman Thanks for bring this 2 us. its really a great pleasure 2 see our women doing such remarkable jobs, May god bless them and their family smile.gif

Apart from or two .. the ladies lack modesty ... may they go towards tat route and cover up more .. than i would appricite their acheivements a lot more.

Ms DD   

That pic says to me " be liberal and educated and you will find the future. Be conservative, and you are stuck in dark ages".

Maybe it is the religiosity in me.

J.Lee   

The hijab is seen as constraints of sorts so I think the picture is supposed to symbolise throwing your inhibitions away and not being afraid to be different. Or it could have something to do with her childhood and how she became a writer. Maybe, it's to show young girl what they could amount to or someone they could look up to.

:D

Originally posted by Hizb_UK:

Apart from or two .. the ladies lack modesty ... may they go towards tat route and cover up more .. than i would appricite their acheivements a lot more.

wow

JUSTICE   

So u think they should warp some more cloths on, and you think they are somehow naked. So they are supposed to be covered more, in a different way. the only way that you like and pleases you.hmmm

Well, they are covered and they are keeping themselves modest enough. Well done to them, am so happy to see somali women doing good.

Faheema.   

Here are couple of more.. smile.gif

edna3.jpg

2003- Edna Adan Ismail, Somaliland

A former World Health Organization representative in Djibouti, she founded and is the Co-Patronn and Vice President of the Board of Trustees of Somaliland's first Maternity Hospital. Somaliland is a self-declared and de-facto independent republic.

amran1.jpg

Amran A Mahmoud, Founder of Somaliland Women Political Forum

Somaliland’s Director General of the Ministry of Family and Social Affairs, Amran Ali H Mahmoud Somaliland presents "Road Map to Democracy and the role of Somaliland Women"

endp_1.jpg

Rakiya Omaar

Co-director - African Rights

There is just soo much going on in this photo that an essay can be written on it...I'll give you a few pointers...look at how the writers arm is placed, look at the girl with her finger to her mouth, look at the angle of the writers' face and eyes, the girl on the right side looking at her, the book open infornt of her, the choice of clothing....to me they all point to a yesterday and tomorrow as the writer gazes on the unknown keeping herself sheltered (arms crossed)...yeah really an essay...now I'm just wondering what was going through her mind

U remind of the character that was in American Beauty do u know who im talking about. “I watch that bag dancing in the wind 4 about 15 minute”

:D

Indeed.

Aaliyyah   

masha-allah all these women are hard workers, and hard work certainly pays off. we all need to use these women as Role model. we certainly need educated somali sisters, so sistaz we need to work hard :)gota show these farahs we got what it takez

wa salaam

This is why we no longer can tolerate each other as somalis. Your hateful souls are too deep into your skins, no turning back now.

Btw, to the haters, no one forced you to appreciate anyone's acheivement, if you don't like how a certain individual presents themselves, then turn your back and look else where.

Poster, this is what I meant when I said, do not post people you have no clue about without their consent on a somali forum, because they will be taken apart, piece by piece and they don't deserve that. Posting pictures will only have these people showcase how far their hate has spread, it will not serve anymore purpose.