Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

The strategic blunder of the hotel lobby president

Kashafa   

Blood aside, what else are you bringing to the table?

We both know who has been spilling the blood of Umada Soomaliyeed over the past 40 years. I'm not gonna argue with you about this. You know it. I know it. We all know it. To argue about it is to lend that ludicrious line of thought a whiff of credence. Sorry, no can do. Maybe some other time.

But just to help you out: Was it Al-Shabaab that bombed Hargeisa with fighter-jets ? Was it Al-Shabaab that poisened wells and killed livestock to induce a famine ? Was it Al-Shabaab that raped young virgins in Mogadisho, Merca, Kismayo, Baidoba, Shabeelle, and countless of other places ? Was it Al-Shabaab that buried nuclear waste and toxic industrial residue in the seas and beaches of Somalia, a gift of cancer and congenital deformties to last generations to come ? Did Al-Shabaab do this ? What about this ? Yeah. Silence can be really golden sometimes.

What are your boys offering as an alternative?

We are talking over a million people displaced and need to be treated and fed, how will your boys accomplish that?

As an 'alternative'(i lol at the temerity of the word) , they are cutting taxes, never before heard in the history of Somalia. Everytime a clan militia or a jabhad conquered a city, they would impose exorbitant 'taxes' to pay for their khat and ciggaretes, and in the Mogadisho reigon they upped the ante: Isbaaros. Road-Blocks. Pay up or die. Pedestrian, cars, buses, even donkeys were 'taxed'.

As far as foriegn aid and international development, Jefferey Gettleman in his last report for the NYT noted that the UN aid agencies and the NGOs all prefer working in Shabaab-controlled cities, because ALL of the aid will reach it's intended targets, because they don't have to worry about kidnapping and extortion attempts, and because it is a million times more safer than than the TFG neighborhoods.

Howsabout that ? That Gettleman character, he's a smooth liar, isn't he ? I think that he is funded by Indhocadde. What do you think ?

Do your boys educate the public?

Allahuma Nacam. Weliba educate the public in concrete ways that go far beyond political posturing and rosy buzzwords. By showing the oppressed masses that justice, true justice is not delivered from the TVs of the world and and on top of soft beds in luxury hotels. No. Justice is delivered right here, up close and personal, in full view of the public and in strict accordance to the concepts of equality and accountability

I ask you, LG, When in the history of Somali-dom has such a monumental act of justice taken place ? One example, that is all I ask. Can you bring yourself to stand at full attention and salute the Sons of Somalia ? Or are they still barbaric savages who don't meet ur standards of civillisation ?

In short, LG, there is this thing called Honour in this world. Defined as: Doing the right thing, putting your trust in Allah, and fearing no man on earth. Those who have it are truly blessed. And those don't, will never know the taste of true freedom. And so, to compensate, they try to acquire the trappings of 'ilbaxnimo', running away from their heritage, deserting their principles, and shedding all that is ghaali, just like a snake sheds it's skin. Your boy Shaykh Hotel is a classical case. Beard is shaved. Islamic Shareeca is thrown behind his back. He starts using phrases like Beesha Caalamka, fowr-bointi-fife, Ethiopia is our beloved neighbor, friend, and ally, the terrorists must be fought. Wherefore the Shariif of 2006 ? And what changed ? It's either one of two things. Either Meles Zenawi became a true and trusted friend of Somalis or Shaykh Sharif became a true and trusted friend of his Masters(Ethiopia, AU, UN, EU). Which one is it ? I know, I know, it is dizzying the way you have to twist and turn, yank and dive, all in a futile effort to explain your support for a b.a.s.t.ar.d entity that will go down in the history books just like this. Speaking of French Resistance, you do know that they used to shoot, summarily, any high-ranking officer(civillian, or military) that collaborated with occuppying Germans. And they were hailed as heroes, blockbusters and novels extolling their exploits published left and right. You do know this, right ? But when the Sons and Daughter of Sooomaal do the same thing, they are savages smile.gif They are terrorists smile.gif

Can you even begin to gauge the level of inferiorty complex in you and how your awe and fear of the Antarnashanal Kamoonity has reduced you, and ur peacenik brethren into a cowering heap of ineffectual rabble ? Like Oliver Twist, ur begging bowl extended: "Please Ethiopia, have mercy on us. Please Uganda have mercy on us. We swear to fulfil your agenda and carry out your commands. Please just give us the help we need to defeat those fearsome ferocious baby-eating fire-breathing Al-Shabaab. Please Antarnashanal Kamoonity, please give us millions of dollars so we can line our pockets the same way Ali Gheedi did. Please, pretty please. Abdullahi Yusuf had his turn. Now it's ours. Please, spin the merry-go-round again and give us ur blessing and support. Iyaaka nacbuda wa Iyaaka nastaceen O Antarnashal Kamoonity"

Have you no shame ? Have you no dignity ? Have you no self-respect ? Is this the end-result of 12 years of education in the finest Catholic prep school in the land ? Come on, sister. I swear, Wallahi thuma Billahi thuma Tallahi, that deep down inside you, you know, and so do all of the rest of the peacenik/dhdblf alliance where the solution for Somalia lies. I know that sometimes you catch yourself admiring the heroic feats and self-sacrifice of these thoroughbred warriors. But right then and there, something sinister and Satanic breaks in and invades ur psyche. As if to say:" This cannot be. How can I, a educated modern woman support these radicals. I actually know how to use a fork and a spoon! I am highly educated! I must seek out my own highly educated kind, even if they are repugnant war criminals, I'll just hold my nose, and hope for the best"

And so you throw in your lot with Cabdullahi Amxaar, and Ali Gheedi and Nur Cade and Shaykh Hotel and Abdi-Qaybdiid and Yalaxow and Hiiraale and Faroole and Finish and keep on going cuz the names be droppin'. You Is-Qancis urself, rationalise that the infamy ur partaking in is really the 'lesser of two evils' and ur doing it for 'greater good' and then 30 years later, when ur 50 or 60, u wake up one day with millions of dollars of aid and development deposited in Swiss Banks. You're just 'safe-keeping it' for the Somali people, see. But at least ur hands are clean, u haven't harmed anybody personally(except for slapping the hired help around, because hey, they come from a weak clan), but u signed off on orders to bring in foreign troops who then proceeded to gang-rape a 9 year old girl playing outside. You rationalise that by saying: "Oh well, men will always be men, they have their needs. Let's just turn a blind eye since they are keeping us in power"

And the cycle continues, u have children and imbue them with the same Is-Qancis, same cowardly disposition, same acquiesce and servility to foriegn interests(as long as they line ur pockets right).

No offense intended, just painting a picture of where ur current mindset will take u. You still have a chance. There is always hope. Tawba is always open. Kamid noqo dadkaatha, dal'kaatha, iyo deentaatha. Uu shaqeey sidaa wax uu tari lahayd dadkaatha, dal'kaatha, iyo deentaatha

All this is to say, sister: That cycle of greed and gaalo-raacnimo will be brought to a forcible full stop. Without compromise, without negotiation, and without 'reconilliation'. And anybody that stands up with the bas.tard entity called the TFG, will fall down with it. Don't believe me ? Ask this guy.

Gaalo-raacnimo is one heckuva disastrous policy. Just ask Mudane Garaad Suldaan Janaraal Boqor Madaweyne Colonel Ugaas Cabdullahi Amxaar, who is chilling in a Yemeni mud-hut waiting to baqti, like a crippled toothless dog spurned by his owners and cast out on the streets.

Towba, sister.

Brotha Kasha, in essence, you are saying shabaabs are cutting taxes and the " UN aid agencies and the NGOs all prefer working in Shabaab-controlled cities". So why do we have opposing views?

After all, I want the same thing you want for our people. I want the AID to get to the intended target and the people who are sick to be treated. I am positive that my camp, the 'sharifieds' want PEACE, ORDER AND GOVERNANCE, is your camp on board with that?

As for lowering of taxes, how are the poor benefiting from lowered tax? Are you saying that the the families who are struggling to feed their families will welcome lowered taxes when infact, they don't have money to begin with?

Furthermore, are your group finding ways to put people to work so they can survive? If yes, where will they get the money for infrastructure that will employ the general public and have the economy moving? Like it or not, you can't progress without aid and aid itself has a price, are you in agreement? You can't ask for a so called handout without willing to compromise but the difference between Sharif and A.Yusuf is that Sharif knows he is accountable to the public, where as A.Yusuf made too many promises that he couldn't keep to the international community and as a result lost control which led to his resignation. He never felt that he was accountable to the public, atleast I didn't get that impression and I am sure My buddy dukey and emperor will disagree but thats just my view of A.Yusuf. The approach was always from top down, when infact it should have been reversed and we finally have a figure that could lead us the bottom up approach and I hope to God that he doesnt put alot of responsibility in the hands of those legislators. He needs to prioritize and make sure the donor funds don't ever touch the hands of those legislators, instead they need to do the job they assigned for. They need to put domestic and national policy that will have our economy moving again, while all along not being dependent on donor funds to keep our people alive.

In other words, Sharif needs to keep the short term vision away from the long term. These legislators have no business dictating the movement of aid, nor should that be their job and thats why Sharif and his PM need to dictate these activities to other non government affiliated groups working closely with the ngo's in assuring that the people are taken care off, while the legislators along with the cabinet come up with a national strategy that the donor countries can get on board with.

As for Mr gettlemen, I am a fan of his as I read his reports on the ONLF fights and the views of the people in that part of the region but I can't say I read the piece you are referring to, perhaps you want to share it with me by posting the link to that article? or was it his weekly interview that he mentioned in passing? Either way, you might want to share that link so that I can read the man's words in full view, no offense to you ofcourse.

As for your brief mention of the French resistance, the groups were made up of wide spectrum of people, i.e different in ideology,religion,ethnicity, who all fought for the common goal of dismantling the nazi's. In addition, that very same fight brought together two of the biggest enemies in the history of warfare for the common goal of ending fascism and later resuming their activities yada yada. We have come a long way from world war II, I say that not to mock your argument but that some of the leaders of your group weren't even born at that time and your group is not joined to fight global spread of fascism, ee stop the charade and come up with a solid argument on the next round.

Last put not least, the remaining rubbish you dished does not serve any purpose other than for the sole purpose of entertaining me and providing the rest of the people a comic relief of sort.

PS: I think your services is needed in capital hill, you know where that is, why not give a hand to the republicans and help convince Obama that their way is the right way?

Thierry.   

Kashafa

Saxiib without getting melodramatic about the countries state of affair, state what this group you support want.

- If they want to implement Shariah in Somalia then the President has stated he will do it.

- If they want to rid the country of foreign troops they need to stop firing the guns negotiate with the government for the removal of these troops.

Liibaan   

President Sheikh Sharif and his Government of National Unity should make the priority hopefully:

1) To bring peace, stability, law and order to the capital Mogadishu and southern regoins of Somalia, Just like Northern regoins of Somalia (Puntland and Somalia), then there wil be no need for foreign troops

2) To bring together all somalis to form a Government of National Unity, somalis from all regoins/clans,from all sides of the political spectrum (moderate islamist, even extremist shabab, seculars, liberals, conservatives), and all sections of civil society elders, traditinal leaders, clerics/culomo, women, community leaders, youth groups, etc

3) Rgarding Shariah , president Sharif said already that the somali constitution is shariah compliant, like all other constitutions of muslim countries

So far the president is on the right track, we only need to work with him and pray for him,

Lets all pray to Allah Most High to give our president success, Insha Allah

Xoogsade   

Kashafa

I want to see the youth and xizbul-islam sit and negotiate in good faith with Sheekh Shariif. He said he wants to negotiate, so let the opposition be smart and sit at the table first. let them be wise and utilize the local Media to convey their positions and win moral support for their stance if differences come out. They can put pressure on Sheekh Shariif to fulfill his announced promises without firing a shot first.

A- Sharia laws to be implemented

B- Current Amisom troops to leave and no additional foreign troops to arrive

If these two demands are made and Sheekh Shariif violates one of them, there will be good justification to oppose his government. It is wise to negotiate first. I need some good reasons to support a war. Everyone is accountable in my book.

PS: Abdi Qaybdiid is not my uncle. I have two uncles, one is dead and buried inside his home in Madiina, the other is in the US. Just because someone hails from the same clan doesn't make him an uncle of mine saxib. That is my firm belief and how I was raised. If I must support someone on the basis of clan, I will support someone with good values who is fighting for a just cause and who is from my clan.

Thiery

A government is one that has the interests of its people at heart, and it is one that offers peace, security and justice to the subjects it rules. The youth already offer that in areas they rule and people are quite content with such services. I was teaing at a relative's house when I was told a lorry from Galkacyo was hijacked by gunmen around Jowhar. The youth went after the lorry and recovered it. They called the owners and businessmen in Galkacyo and told them they can come and collect their car. People in Kismayo take their money in bags and stay late into the midngit for the first time in 15years. If that is not good service and governance, I don't know what else is. Muqdisho will suffer another humiliation and violence if Sheekh Shariif doesn't follow the example of his former friends mate. He needs them more than they need him.

The islamists need to tone down the rhetoric in turn and make peaceful settlements possible. Everyone should chill for now. War is not necessary.

NGONGE   

^^ I don't believe you. Actually, I don't even believe that Kashafa does not secretly root for his own uncles. You're all Somalis and you're all claiming not to support any clans. Go tell that to the Xabashis, saaxib. We can see right through you. smile.gif

Heh@LG becoming all calm and reasonable when faced with the beautiful madness of Kashafa. :D

Fabregas   

Kashafa you are mistaken to believe that the Sheikh is on the same level as the previous tfg leaders. The man is getting religous fatawas from the highest ranking conservative SOmali scholars such as Umar Farooq and Shariff Abdi Nur, who are all held in high esteem amongst the SOmali Salafis. He is also getting the support of Saudi Scholars and places such as Azhar. So as Xiin said, he is cleverly delegitimising their continuation for war.

He is making them look like khawarij by opposing a leader that says he will adhere to Shariah law, is supported by the highest Somali Ulema and is constantly calling for a peaceful dialogue. The opposition fires mortas at the amnisom and his villa, but he instructs them not to fire. Kashafa, how would the average person in Muqdisho view this? The average person will support the person who will bring them peace. Walahi, the man is building a powerful argument and consensus, rooted in an Islamic argument, much different to the warlords of the past. I think you underestimate him, sxb.

Xoogsade   

^ Including Salman Cawdah who was encouraging peace and negotiations in Here as well.

They should play smart and negotiate from their current position of strength and influence.

NGONGE

Afsoomaali ma baratay intaa nac nacda iska dhaaftid saxib? :D:D mise sidaadii yaad gudhuu u tahay? Nin waynoo afsoomaali aan aqoon waa ceeb oo ku leh soomaali baan ahay. Afsoomaali igula hadal marka hore smile.gif

NGONGE   

^^ Waa kaa! Markay wax waayaan ayaay af Somaliga ma baratay eyo mad baran ku noqonqdan. War be a man and don't forsake your uncle just becuase some guy accused you of something on an net forum. You know that when all is said and done it is your uncle who will save your behind. Nin waynoo tolkiisa ankiray waa duli, saaxib. smile.gif

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Waa kaa! Markay wax waayaan ayaay af Somaliga ma baratay eyo mad baran ku noqonqdan. War be a man and don't forsake your uncle just becuase some guy accused you of something on an net forum. You know that when all is said and done it is your uncle who will save your behind. Nin waynoo tolkiisa ankiray waa duli, saaxib.
smile.gif

Well saxib, it feels somewhat odd to even read Qaybdid to be my Uncle. I would be damned mate let alone assume I am of ignoble lineage just because I reject the association. I don't think along those lines and there are far nobler people in my clan whom I can rely on than Qaybdiid. Aabahay laba nin yaa la dhalatay, labadaasaa Adeer i ah. Don't even know Abdi Qaybdiid's subclan after Dacas(read backwards), ma igu qasbaysaan adeernimadiisa? :D:D

Adigaa waxaa lagaa dhaadhiciyay qabiilkaaga inuu naf kuu hayo saxib, speak for yourself.

nuune   

Haa waa lagugu qasbi, mar hadaad tiri ama aad taqaano Dacas(read gadaal gadaal as you said), then waa adeerkaa by default :D

NGONGE   

^^ Cid wax ega dhaadhicisay ma jirto, saaxib. Waa waxan indhaha ku arkay. 'reality on the ground' as Kashafa likes to say. smile.gif

Hada ma waxad doonaysa en aad ego tedhaahdid en aad nin bila tul tahay? Dee samir eyo imaan, saaxib. Wan ka hadhay. :D

Fabregas   

^^ He says he doesn't know the clan stuff, but he even figured out them code to say them backwards:

Don't even know Abdi Qaybdiid's subclan after Dacas(read backwards)

:D