Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Nur Ade praises Ethiopia's recent raid in Mogadishu and what next?

NASSIR   

We are now witnessing a complete reversal of firmly held positions as recent as two weeks ago. Even Hiiraan editorial board named him as the person of the year.

All Ethiopia wanted as reflected in her publicly stated policy in the region even prior to the invasion of Somalia with the explicit approval of the TFI was to forestall the emergence of a Somali regime that is hostile to her own forced national interest.

How will Sherrif and Ade make any difference or convince the Somali people of constructive ways to redeem their rights to self-determination even in the occupied Ogadden region? Imposing a highly unpopular western backed government that's on its way to give up its control over Bai**** and parts of Mogadishu did not work but the so called international community led by Uncle Sam has shown again signs indicative of underwriting the cost of another years of misery, displacement and bloodshed.

And whereas the Security Council has passed a resolution that completely violates the Convention on the Law of the Sea which has given nations bordering ocean an exclusive economic zone , we are still busy siding with the political squables of self-serving politicians. This intractable resolution with regard to the number of nations' naval fleets on the Somali Coast is believed to to stop piracy eventhough it's widely known what has led to the rise of piracy as a revolt by fishermen using tiny boats to wring sustenance against large commercial modern vessels and those transporting toxic waste. It's also widely known that the larger subsidy given to commercial offshore fleets to fish thousands of miles away from their home by their governments, particularly U.S, Canadian and Europe. Sometimes they illegally hire sea mercenaries from improverished Asian states to do the work using trawlers that scrape the bottom clean leading to the entire destruction of marine ecosystem.

Saxibayal, they crown and jettison one self-styled leader that toes the line after another while the country sinks deeper in retrogade status. Let's learn from harsh lessons of the past, the cordoned off strip of Gasa, the size of Detriot and which use tunnels to buy food, water and medicine. We haven't reached that terrible stage yet but the idea of a Sea blockade has been put on the table.

I don't know who deserves our respect and dignity between the one seeking equity redemption in his economic zone and the crowned puppets rubber-stamping the violation of their country's sovereignty and exploitation of their marine resources?

How long can we tolerate or endorse in twisted opinions these repeated violation of our inalienabe rights. Let's support what our people in the country yearn for: a government by the people for the people.

-Cell

Emperor   

And Shariif Ahmed, the man who came to fame by being anti-Ethiopia, is asking the Ethiopian troops to extend their stay!

Funny World!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Emperor:

And Shariif Ahmed, the man who came to fame by being anti-Ethiopia, is asking the Ethiopian troops to extend their stay!

Funny World!

where did he say that bro?

Emperor   

^Nuur Ade did ask for it after they come out for a press release in Mogadishu. The good Shariif Ahmed secretly asked the Ethiopian officials to stay around for a while after Nuur Ade's applea met rejection, nevertheless his plea too was rejected, and the Ethiopians are reported to be in their final preparation to leave...

Juje   

the Ethiopians are reported to be in their final preparation to leave...

Good..! That was expected...what is going to happen if they leave..doomsday ?

Juje   

^Nothing, disorder and isbaaro's will return, old style, you must be happy
:D

Nope, we still have the memory the sweet period of June-Dec 2006, and that is what will return . This time expanding beyond southern regions.

Sunka dhuqso there is ICU coming next door to your place.

:D

Malika   

Originally posted by Caamir:

How long can we tolerate or endorse in twisted opinions these repeated violation of our inalienabe rights. Let's support what our people in the country yearn for: a government by the people for the people.

Do the people IN the country have much of a say or choice in selecting their representatives in the so called Government?

I doubt it,actually I believe the people whom will take arm at any give time to support whom ever they see present them are as much at fault for creating the Somalia we know,the blame mustn't lie upon the leaders alone,the citizen have played a role in the mayhem too.

Now what, another so called leader using whatever method to hold on to power even if its to massacre his subjects! maxaa cusuub dhe! :mad:

Originally posted by Caamir:

We are now witnessing a complete reversal of firmly held positions as recent as two weeks ago. Even Hiiraan editorial board named him as the person of the year.

All Ethiopia wanted as reflected in her publicly stated policy in the region even prior to the invasion of Somalia with the explicit approval of the TFI was to forestall the emergence of a Somali regime that is hostile to her own forced national interest.

How will Sherrif and Ade make any difference or convince the Somali people of constructive ways to redeem their rights to self-determination even in the occupied Ogadden region? Imposing a highly unpopular western backed government that's on its way to give up its control over Bai**** and parts of Mogadishu did not work but the so called international community led by Uncle Sam has shown again signs indicative of underwriting the cost of another years of misery, displacement and bloodshed.

And whereas the Security Council has passed a resolution that completely violates the Convention on the Law of the Sea which has given nations bordering ocean an exclusive economic zone , we are still busy siding with the political squables of self-serving politicians. This intractable resolution with regard to the number of nations' naval fleets on the Somali Coast is believed to to stop piracy eventhough it's widely known what has led to the rise of piracy as a revolt by fishermen using tiny boats to wring sustenance against large commercial modern vessels and those transporting toxic waste. It's also widely known that the larger subsidy given to commercial offshore fleets to fish thousands of miles away from their home by their governments, particularly U.S, Canadian and Europe. Sometimes they illegally hire sea mercenaries from improverished Asian states to do the work using trawlers that scrape the bottom clean leading to the entire destruction of marine ecosystem.

Saxibayal, they crown and jettison one self-styled leader that toes the line after another while the country sinks deeper in retrogade status. Let's learn from harsh lessons of the past, the cordoned off strip of Gasa, the size of Detriot and which use tunnels to buy food, water and medicine. We haven't reached that terrible stage yet but the idea of a Sea blockade has been put on the table.

I don't know who deserves our respect and dignity between the one seeking equity redemption in his economic zone and the crowned puppets rubber-stamping the violation of their country's sovereignty and exploitation of their marine resources?

-Cell

So Caamir has long known the facts but somehow because of Adeero Yey wanted to turn a blind eye instead. redface.gif

Awoowe, before we divulge into how Nuur Cadde or Sheikh Sherif will convince the people, can I ask you if you could explain to the Gallery how you have made a u-turn regarding your

support for the TFG/TFI?

NASSIR   

Well said Malika.

Suldan, don't perceive me wrong pal. I have always espoused the concept of a broadened TFG and one that outlives its managers. I was one of the first members here to call for political reconciliation and a constructive dialogue with the Islamic Courts.However I never envisioned that the world would once again fail to live up to its promises and abandon us once again. Since then I have been critical of their double standard in the hope of forcing a comprehensive reform of their policy direction toward Somalia--more economically strategic than it is shown.

We are now left with a TFG that is more bleak, weak, divided and a patchwork of islamist inspired movements that are in turn split into idealogical and clannish lines.

What should be done to avoid repeating the past mistakes? How will Ade's TFG work without the direct participation of Somaliland, Puntland and Al-Shabab? How to overcome the disillusionment with some quarters in order to remove barriers to peace and make easy the redemption of our state.

The current D-jibouti prescription is riddled with loopholes and it can trigger another disastrous conflict.

Caamir,

Awoowe, the TFG has always been a weak and divided phantom regime, installed and supported by foreign hands. Perhaps you didn't realise that when you were a supporter b/c I understand supporters like a love-struck indivitual deem to turn blindeye to realities on the ground and disregard facts.

Personally, I believe the TFG is at its most respectable position today since its inception in the Pigfarms. I mean, the fact that the much-despiced warlords have been sidelined and Ethiopia is pulling its troops out, is a good start. And also the fact that legit leaders will be assuming leadership (i.e. Sheekh Sherif) of the TFG is equally a welcoming new development.

On the ground, the TFG is no longer relaying on foreigners for its own survival but instead the average Somali is taking the responsibility to make it work. That is commendable and also encouraging.

So in essence, as far as Southern Somalia is concerned, I see signs of hope that at last something is moving in the right direction.

I believe, the new setup of TFG should concentrate on solving the Southern Somalia and specially the unresolved Banadir issue first and foremost. If Banadir is not resolved then there will no TFG or any other future government which can work on the ground. Sheekh Sherif and Nuur Cadde and others should put all their efforts to make the right dicisions regarding the Banadir issue. Even if it means assigning the Prime Minister and President to South and North of Mogadishu clans - that issue needs to be resolved otherwise nothing will move forward. That is my opinion.

NGONGE   

Guru, xisaabta kaa yara khaldan, saaxib.

Suldaanka, when you give the job of Prime Minster and President to the same clan and have a parliament with a majority of that same clan, where exactly does that leave the rest of Somalis? You really can not talk about the TFG still being viable whilst ditching the whole 4.5 concept, saaxib.

Though I wish Caamir would man up and openly stand up for his kin, I have to admit that I fully agree with him about the TFG being dead. It was on a life support machine during the Yey years but, now, it is well and truly dead.

NGONGE   

^^ Fair enough. I agree on the Caamir thing of course :D but I still have doubts about the other idea. If the 'USC Block' as you call them are given time to sort their own house out, should they really be allowed to do it under the guise of the Somali Republic?

Reminds me of the Somali story about the Hyena that wanted to change its name. It went to the other animals and demanded to be given a new name. The animals told it to sit in a cave and guard some meat for a whole night before its name gets changed. After a couple of hours of staring at the meat, the Hyena could not help itself and started eating it. In the morning, as the rest of the animals came back to give it its new name, the Hyena started waving them away and walked out saying I've changed my mind, I am going to keep my old name. Marka, guru, USC hilib ma ku aamini laheed? :D

Ps

At least the Jackel invited some Xabashis to eat it with him. These clever guys on the other hand called themselves ICU, ARS, Shabaab and even Ahulo el god knows what, so that they can eat it all on their own. :D (Yes. I know I am being harsh but try to read between the lines).

Hibo   

Dear Mr. Ngonge,

Very funny story, that one… :D:D

But, on the serious side, it’s my view, that without a comprehensive settlement within what used to be called the “USC – Block”; there will never – I repeat – there will never be a peace in Somalia. And, however much that may bruise the "clannish egos" of the likes of our friends such as Mr. Caamir of this world; that is a fact of political reality, that no one who wants to see a stable political reality in Somalia could ever over-looked, particulary in it’s importance.

Hence, the "methodology" that such a political internal settlement ought to be conducted under it ought to be up for grabs (or at least open mind must be use, when this problem is being approached).

In the sense, that if it could be done outside the legal perimeter or the rubric of Somalia (not Somali Republic, as you suggested it, for that will bring in Somaliland into the equation at this stage, which will complicates the “staggered approach” of settling this kind of long standing political upheavals); then, in that case it ought to be done.

But, if such a needed settlement could not be