Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Intractable conflict – No end in sight

Baashi   

Intractable conflict – No end in sight

By Inna-Warmoog, dispatching from Abu Dhabi, UAE

Waa-Siday-Tahay Gazzete

Somali conflict still rages on unabated. The intensity of factional gamesmanship has reached to new heights. Unlike the days when there were two major groupings, fragile but nevertheless united groupings, vying for power in the south, today political settlement requires participation of numerous sub-factions.

These sub factions do not fit to the familiar categories, however. They are neither political party nor religious in their practices nor clannish enough to serve the interest of their base constituents. Yet these disoriented sub factions hold the key to the transition path everyone wishes to embark on in order to reach the elusive but desirable political settlement.

On the one side of the table sits TFG – a transitional arrangement that has no control over one single village, township, city, or province. Like its predecessor transitional institutions, it’s mired with political bickering and clannish triangulation. With no unity of purpose and no path forward, sadly the TFG, since its inception, has never formulated a winning strategy. Yet this is the only arrangement the so called international community is willing to support – sort of!

On the other side of the table sits numerous groups with varying military strength. Their strength is in the courage of their conviction. Their strength is also, in part, in the numbers. They control large swaths of land. They are daring in their attacks and most cases winning battles. In their public pronouncements, they loudly claim that their objective is to pacify the country from foreign infidels and their poodles and install Islamic government. Yet when the other side agrees to their demands in principle they do not reciprocate the gesture. Sometimes they turn against each other for no apparent reason – unless one gives consideration to tribal calculus.

Somalis are hoping against hope that this seemingly confused and entangled contest and these numerous non-uniformed teams reach semifinals and then finals very soon so that a winner can be declared -- whoever that may be.

Kashafa   

Baashi,

Good to have you back. It's also good to see that you have finally accepted the reality on the ground in Somalia today, to wit: the absolute dominance of the Mujahideen, namely, Xarakatul Shabaab Al-Mujahideen & Xisbul Islam, and the reign of Islamic governance over the most strategic, most valuable, and most populous areas of Somalia, with the liberation of the remaining areas a matter of time only.

I understand that it might have been difficult for you(and others) to renounce and reject Is-Qancis/Rationalization mainly because it's one helluva drug, but the cold and unforgiving facts on the ground and the sight of the black flag of Towxeed flying high in the air to the cheers and the takbeer of the Somali-Muslim people in town after town, degmo after degmo, and gobol after gobol left you with no other option but to submit to the reality on the ground, and to the Victorious Youth as the Masters and Commanders of Ardhul-Soomaal Al-Muslimah.

That is called progress, abti. Ma fogid, ee soo dhawaaw.

In their public pronouncements, they loudly claim that their objective is to pacify the country from foreign infidels and their poodles and install Islamic government. Yet when the other side agrees their demands in principle they do not reciprocate the gesture

There is no "other side". In the eyes of Umada Soomaliyeed, the TFG and the various Ethiopian "lands"(with the latest being Hiiraanland) are a national obscenity, a stain of dishonour and dhulinimo that must and will be dismantled and destroyed. There will be no compromise. There will be no negotiations, except where it may facilitate surrender/exile.

Soomaliya, Soomalida Xalaasha ah, Soomalida Sharaf'ta iyo Cizzi'ga mudan, Soomalidaas baa iska leh. Not kuwa qashin-qob'ka laga soo qufay oo bulaacada laga waraabiyay oo qurun'ka qabyaalad iyo gun'nimo ku raagay. From Jigjiga to xeebaha Barqaal and from Zeylac to xeebaha Kismaayo iyo badweynta Hindiga, intaas oo dhan waxay uu sugnaatay Soomalida Xalaasha ah oo kaliya(no ifs or buts). You may consider this to be "zero-sum" or "unfair" or "not inclusive, but hey, just like the rest of the defeated warlords, sooner or later, you will learn to accept it. The days where clan jabhads vied for power in rooms clouded with the stench of fisq, jaat, and sigaar are long-gone. The days where Xabashi pawns with Somali acronyms(USC, SNM, SSDF, SPM, SNF, RRA) carved out "spheres of influence"(clan-lands) and worked to further the interests of Ethiopia and the West are no more.

Any individual, clan, group, isbahasi, or entity that stands against this Noble Halgan and seeks the magan of Ethiopia and/or the Antarnashanal Kaamoonity will suffer the consequences of their choice.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but 'neutrality', a favorite word of munaafiqs & undercover traitors, is not an option. You either stand with Umada Soomaliyeed oo Xalaasha ah , or you stand with it's enemies.

May each man make his bed, and may each man sleep in it. Whether said sleep turns out to be a nourishing deep sleep, or whether it is a sweating, screaming, nightmare-filled sleep is up to each and every one of you.

Kashafa   

Islamist al-Shebab militiamen have seized several districts of war-battered Mogadishu and shelled the Somali presidential palace in an offensive apparently intended to thwart a long-delayed big push by the U.S.-backed government.

The TFG was installed in Mogadishu by the
military forces of neighboring Ethiopia
(yet some culumo-isku sheeg will call it a Dowlad Islami) with U.S. support in December 2006, when the Union of Islamic Courts, an Islamist coalition, was ousted after a short-lived period in power.

The TFG is barely functioning and even before the Islamists' advance over the last few days only controlled a section of the coastal city around the presidential seat, the airport and the harbor.

In New York, Ismail Omar Guelleh, president of Djibouti, a former French colony that is Somalia's northern neighbor, warned Thursday that the TFG may not survive the escalating conflict with the Islamist insurgents.

"I cannot see how we can avert the possibility of Somalia's plunge into an avoidable disintegration," he told the U.N. Security Council.

He called on it to take action to save Mogadishu and its 2 million inhabitants because
the TFG is "fast shrinking" under the Islamists' offensive and has become "irrelevant and inconsequential
."

None of this likely to prevent further Islamist advances in Mogadishu or produce an effective TFG military force capable of repulsing, let alone defeating, the insurgent army of 10,000-15,000 well-armed fighters.

Source

Btw, it's kinda funny. Just as you, a former TFG supporter, is slowly waking up from the stupor of Is-Qancis and clearly see the writing on the wall, our "I heart Somalia so much, I am a wadani" sunshine patriots: MMA, Adam Zeyla, Bilaal, Castro, Faarax Brown, Norf are all embracing the TFG . Apparently, because they love Somalia soo soo soo much, they are exempt from being called traitors when they stand by and support the Ugandan xasooq(Shabaab did it first! Mommy, he hit me first!). Because they are self-professed 'Wadanis', they are allowed to support the TFG that consists of war criminals & warlords Why ? Because "it is better than nothing". How they manage to keep a straight face, I do not know. But damn do they pull it off with a panache

Lol, what did the reer xamar guy say ? Hadaa noolaatid, geel oo walax dhalaayo aa arkaysaa. Hada waa kuwaanaa kuwa shalayto qaylida iyo neef-toor'ka beenta ka baxaysay oo maanta adoomo oo noqday Xabash'ta iyo Walad Cabdalla, oo hadana, indho-adhayg iyo weji-gabax, isu haysto inay yaheen "Wadani".

Bal ka tali arinkaas, Baash Muhandis.

Baashi   

Ol’ pal my man Kashafa -- textbook example of ultimate Kelligii-Muslim! Listen up SOL fellas if anyone is interested in becoming xalaal get DIY manual from the maestro. Make sure you get tahliil for complete cleansing of soul before you touch that manual.

Don’t be cynic awoowe. Nomads you listed there have reasons to support TFG. My hunch is that they support it not because of personalities that lead TFG or the arrangement is ideal or panacea for Somali troubles but because the idea of having transitional institution that pave the way for stable and peaceful Somalia. They will be the first nomads that fess up that TFG in its current form is a failure.

Awoowe as much as I would love to, I don't get the time to spare for these kind of cyber-ku-dirir these days for I am too busy making the ends meet. That being said, try me and educate me about Somalida Xalaashaha ah you speak of. I am very interested in figuring out the character of such noble being smile.gif

No abstract ruwaayad buddy, please! Keep your grand fiction dancing in your head to yourself for the time being -- just practical stuff.

Here I go; suppose I have turned the page and I’m ready to throw my lot with Somalida Xalaasha ah. Who should I give my moral support to: Aways or Turki. How about fathiiladtul sheikh Il Generale IndhaCadde. Should I wave the black flag for Xisbul Taxriir, Al-Shabaab, or former Al-Shabaab brigade now on the Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaacah bandwagon?

Why all of this sarifaad? Where is the fallout stemming from? Theological, tactical, or what…?

Baashi   

^Istaqfuralaah. Where is the qatif buddy? My feeds -- a la Waxa-La-Yirri-- are that elements of Al-Shabaab crossed the line to the other side in the wake of Guriceel battle.

Noh?

Maaddeey   

^Ustaad Baashi, haddii conclusion-kaagu ku dhisanyahay 'A la waxa la yidhi' oo baadhil ah dee maa buniya calal baadhil fahwa baadhil!, seriously sidee Shabaab oo ninkii taageera aad u taqaan Keligi Muslim ay Suufiyada ugu galaan oy u yaqaanaan Mushrikeen!, haddii your grasp of reality back home sidan kaa tahay, ka dhex bax ee xeebta Fujaira qorraxda isu dhig, cabitaanka qumbahana iska dhuuq! ;)

Baashi   

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

^Ustaad Baashi, haddii conclusion-kaagu ku dhisanyahay 'A la waxa la yidhi' oo baadhil ah dee maa buniya calal baadhil fahwa baadhil!, seriously sidee Shabaab oo ninkii taageera aad u taqaan Keligi Muslim ay Suufiyada ugu galaan oy u yaqaanaan Mushrikeen!, haddii your grasp of reality back home sidan kaa tahay, ka dhex bax ee xeebta Fujaira qorraxda isu dhig, cabitaanka qumbahana iska dhuuq!
;)

Maadeey how do you get the news? :D

Maaddeey   

^^Anigu Warka waan hubiyaa oo haddana hubsiimo labaad u celiyaaye, Adigu warkan aad soo qortay meel saar, xaggeed ka soo xigatay?

Kashafa iyo seeftiisa banaanka oo bacaad lagu garaacaayo. Busta aad isku wasaqeyneysid iska kala yaree lee.

Noo sheeg yaa 'jihaad' u taagan maanta? Ma Barbaarta? Ma kuwa Ururka Islaamka la baxay? Ma kooxda Raaskambooni?

Noo sheeg kuwa 'jihaadka' saxda ah wato intaa jihaad jihaad ku heysid.

Haddee beri xataa AMISOM baxaan, waala ogyahay inay marmarsiyo dhamaaneynin. Heck, AMISOM oo bixin ayaaba la isku sugi waaye seefta la isla dhacay in Kismaayo iyo Jubbooyinka kale. Yaanan la isku been cabin.

Adiga, aniga iyo yariiska shaley dhashay wada og in kuwaas Barbaarta la baxay xal iyo rajaba dalkeena usoo wadin. Taas waala wada ogyahay, waxooda waa hore fashilmay, not to me but kuwa awalba chance siinaaye. Aniga from day one waaba kasoo horjeedee wax qeyr iyo wanaag ah inay soo wadin waaba ogaa.

Worse of it, they are occupying our home in Xamar, wixii yaalayna bililiqeystay. That home Cali Mahdi iyo Caydiid oo meesha ka dhigay meel burburtay oo Bermuuda loo bixiye ayuu ka badbaaday. Not anymore. It is their new base now.

They called the owner -- that is my old man -- a "murtad" and it is xalaal to occupy a "murtad's" house in their twisted, abhorrent version of Islaam. They are calling him "murtad" because dowlad buu ku jiri jiray ayee maqleen. Waxaas baa jaahilnimo la dhahaa oo 'jihaadna' noo wado. Kan aaminsan ayaana kasii jaahilsan, I believe.

No, I am not against them because of this. This is nothing. They have done worse. Nope, I was -- and still am -- against them since day one, wax xal Soomaaliyeed inay soo wadin waa ogaayee.