Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Does the complaining ever end?????

Originally posted by Geelaay:

BARWAAQO, ARE U SAYING WOMEN BECOME SPINSTERS AT 26 YEARS OF AGE????????????????????

I am just wondering what the age is for Somali women to call or men for that matter to call them SPINISTERS.

Is that mean U are not 26 yet??????? or U counting yourself with the SPINSTERS?

No walaalo, I'm not saying women become spinisters by 26. But I only realised the other day that a lot of ppl consider 26 too old to be unmarried. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call any woman a spinister unless she was in her 50s and still unmarried. Even then I would probably think of her as lucky. :D

Flying,

Thanx for clearing that up for me. :cool:

Northener,

Ah, aint that sweet.

Athena,

:mad: ...QUMAYO! :D

Gediid:

So long as am in the minority there you are right otherwise

You tell me... :confused: . But glad you acknowledged my point anyway smile.gif .

Northerner, we love you too...sometimes...nah just joking..thanks anyway luv.

raula   

I thought women are SPINISTER until married...like said by Barwaaqo...they dont become dah :rolleyes: ...

Nefreti..(sorry is spelled wrong)...what's wrong if a brother said you are generalizing? :rolleyes: ..I think you generalized too..I mean Iam not here trying to protect the gents but atleast you should've said "SOME" or sorta.... at the same time...majority of who? :confused: ...

Lakkad...for once you have said something truthfully without adding a twist of sarcasm :D ..lol...kiddin'

Abt the subject in Question: As long as there is human beings in/on this planet...you oughta live with complaints and unsatisfaction(<-the root of complaints) :D

Raula:

what's wrong if a brother said you are generalizing? ..I think you generalized too..I mean Iam not here trying to protect the gents but atleast you should've said "SOME" or sorta.... at the same time...majority of who? ...

Dear sis, you're entitled to your own opinions, but my observations tell me different. I was not generalising, that is why I said majority rather than EVERYONE. Don't mean to be harsh but please read carefully before jumping to conclusions.

Blessed   

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

U think all we are doing is complaining? Really UD? I thought we were only defending our gender from all sorts of accusations from urs. It seems as if we cant do anything right nowadays.

I myself thought it was the guys who were full of complaints..."too westernised", "dhaqan is only for the females", "responsible for high divorce", "basically evil" and similar tripe, but I could be wrong, of course.

Useful topics you say? Maybe like safety and "self-defence tips for women"? Hmmmmm...I wonder what's been happening to that topic of late?

Education? Oh no, disaster!...by discussing the importance of education, what if we all decide to delay marriages and in the process become spinisters by 26? No, education is definitely bad (altho almost 70% of the population is illiterate)...maybe we should leave education alone.

Well, what about business, I hear you ask? Hmmm...could be tricky as well. As u are aware, Somali women are quite obsessive about having careers and talking about business may...well, may make us want to...actually GET JOBS! :eek: ...A cardinal sin, I believe.

Sure, let us have some useful topics. It should be interesting to see how long we would be able to explore issues together before u start blaming and knocking us back.

Have a nice day.

Loooooooooooooooool sweetie. Afkaaga a fine

mug of PG tips lagu qabay :D

I couldn't have said it better.

Underdog, your post is not just contradictory, it is also disrespectful. You seem to think that you have a posion in guiding us and to tell us what is appropriate to discuss. If certain threads arn't your flavor, ignore them and if something is on your mind .. then post it, simple as. There is no need to snub peoples topics because it doesn't suit you :rolleyes:

underdog   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

If certain threads arn't your flavor, ignore them and if something is on your mind .. then post it, simple as. There is no need to snub peoples topics because it doesn't suit you :rolleyes:

Disrespectful?????

what ever happened to OPINION?

Free speech. Thats what you guys are doing. right? In my "opinion" I think most of the topics are crap. Can I express that opinion? maybe you should take your own advise and ignore my topic.

Most of the other women don't seem to have a problem with what I implied. (Barwaaqo and Scorpion - Nice posts).

You can call this positive criticism.

By the way sorry about the delay in reply - I have been on a well deserved vacation and I should be back to "retort" on Monday. ;)

I wanna give a notice that i wont be posting no more in the women's sections since, truly speaking, i dont see nothing good but thrash!!!

in reality, i am like the flower and women swarm around me like the bees!! but not in this form, i should say, execpt a few that i wont mention their

names, least they be added to the rudy hate list!!lol

however, this form, everytime i boost a nice lil note, i get into major trouble!!! last incident i mention was a "VACUUM CLEANER" and that got me 3 week vacation into the nomad slammer. boy, u dont wanna go there! its hell!!!

so i recommend to our honorable admins, to revoke the womens sections and change it to MEN section so we demonstrate to the beautiful ladies how its

done::: just to show u ladies how utilize a section with class!! i think yall love it!!!

underdog   

Tsk tsk tsk...I leave home for a few days and this is what happens.....

*First, Scorpion Sister. I must say you're a shining example of excellent articulation. Looks like you gave the issues some thought. I may not agree with some of your suggestions but I can respect your point of view. Your train of thought is headed in the right direction and time and commitment will shine a light on the minor issues such as early marriages level and early child bearings.

*Secondly, BARWAAQO you work here don't you? anyway, let me see if I can work my way through this "sarcasm".

Hmmm "westernized"...the word looks familiar but the definition is a little hazy. Help me out here

The Somali sisters in the Bloomingdales executive pin-stripe power-suit and giorgio armani frames with Starbuck tall latte in one hand and the Globe and mail business section in the other - Now that ally mcbeal wannabe sounds "westernized" am I right? cause if thats what you want to grow up and be well thats cool isn't it. it has to be, why else would all the characters on the boob tube and the magazines be "designed" to fit that image. (As always I could be very wrong - as I'm sure someone somewhere is just itching to point out to me right now). By the way, don't be too hard on the no-dhaqan, westernized evil women I'm sure if we try very very hard we can find some guys that are just as bad if not worse.

What's next?...oh spinsters!!! Ok let me see if I can word this correctly.....as my PERSONAL PREFERENCE i would rather have a be married to and have children with a woman younger than 24. If you're older then 24, I'd have have to be pretty desperate. But with the female population skyrocketing between "my PREFERED" age groups, I'm pretty safe...I think.

Hey this sarcasm stuffs pretty neat...

Ahhh!!! Education and the pursuit of a distinguished career.

70% of the population is illiterate???? I can believe that, I've seen some of the posts in here. <. Thanks for bringing up that topic that ties in with my education question. So what are we doing to fix the literacy problem in our community?

Lets throw some back-ground into this "career". My mom never work for a pay-cheque a day in her life.... She has two sister one older, one younger who are both doctors...<can you believe they actually let these women hold a scapel?..... So anyway, Barwaaqo "My theory" is this, if you're going to get an education and get a Job...make that a Career. go all out and do something that is useful to yourself, your family and your community. if you have to "sacrifice" the "potential" well-being of your spouse and offspring, then make it worth while. A job at Hertz rent-a-car doesn't cut it. Teach, Cure or Provide. don't be a pawn in someone else's chess game. oh about the "Cardinal Sin"...$10/hr @ sears while your kid is in day-care is a cardinal sin.

I don't blame you for wanting to better yourself and I won't knock you for it either. You're so busy defending and yourself putting up protective walls that won't give anyone a chance to say anything. I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone had the same point of view and agreed with anything and everything I said. <.

*Nefertiti - regardless of the history and significance behind your name, you wouldn't recognize "controvesial" if it jumped up and slapped you in the face. I sense a lot of anger in your tone, young-one. explain this to me, if you are able to justify and articulate why and how you would be involved your 'controversial' issues we probably wouldn't try and guide or educate seeing that you know what you're doing. Go see Scorpion I'm sure she can give you some pointers on how to make yourself heard without pointing fingers and making sweeping accusations. Darkness is the absence of light and ignorance is the absence of knowledge. learn how to shed light so that you may enlighten all the ignorant men in here.

*Lakkad, everyone can say what they want to say...I'm doing the same thing here. 50c iyo Beyonce waxaa iga daraan Faarax iyo Xaliimo oo ku dayanayoo. Maybe can't save everyone but lets not all be gangstas and ride-or-die b**ches.

Blessed   

Disrespectful?????

what ever happened to OPINION?

Free speech. Thats what you guys are doing. right? In my "opinion" I think most of the topics are crap. Can I express that opinion?

I didn't say that you couldn't have an opnion did, I?

I was actually opinionating on your opinion walaal, but I guess that ain't allowed..

You can call this positive criticism.

What ever suites you luv :D

Most of the other women don't seem to have a problem with what I implied.

I am not most of the ladies here, see we ar different and we do precieve things differently ... Which, was if I may add the whole essence of my last post - ppl r different and like to talk about things that may not neccesarily appeal 2 u.. but we still need to respect it...

maybe you should take your own advise and ignore my topic.

My bad. Do pardon me sire :D Ameenah will keep her two pennies worth of advice to herselve in the futur :rolleyes:

Salaams

*walks out of thread*

Blessed   

^^^ lol. So, I stick my opinion but you still want my money, waad maskax badantahay ;)

But its cool, I'll take up your offer if you make it tea instead of coffee :D

looooool underdog, if i learned one thing from this topic was I need to start writing my essay late at night...Actually i am glad to see that long reply didn't have so much errors as i had anticipated...Anyways, reading again what i wrote and what others had discussed had really began my thinking juices...It reminded me an idea once told to me by a guy i used to know...He was playing around with the idea of opening a community center where kids would get help with their homeworks and english learning...Now thinking more about it, i think it would be great also to include cultural learning aspect...I mean there are many somali writers (knowlegable of old somali language) who are doing nothing or just wasting time in cafes...But i believe the idea wouldn't be as effective as if parents really participated and forced their children to be part...oooh zut, i got a class to catch...Bee bye