Sign in to follow this  
Yeniceri

What's going on in Las Anod?

Qudhac – the trouble is if we have neither the recollection nor the wisdom to appreciate the past, what is one to make of the future. Discussions of this nature had come and elapsed with little use to the many in your school of learning [Riis ala boys where dust rationing rather than credence is the norm, for you could not possibly be of Sh Baraawe with which the latter could be identified], therefore I shall recount not the tale of the claim you so ridiculously regurgitate as if reading from the old book with inscription from the dear son of Sacdiya.

You see my dear lad, whether the regions in question are barren or otherwise, it is not a question for you, nor is it for the badly trained foot soldiers clad in their ill-fitting Kakis and badly oiled AK7s covered in lice from tip to toe swamping the pasture land causing endemic environmental damage; nor is it for Col Cadhays who is trying to reason with the wolves in the wee hour. Mind you Col Cadhays is on home territory, and in case you are wondering, Col Cadhays’s goal for opting for that line of reasoning is one that shall remain beyond your comprehension – hint Qabridahare, and the year was 1981 - ask adeer Siilaanyo, he is privy to it.

It is however for the locals whose decision had been “nay†from the get go. Let me lower the scale and give an instance lest the above lines are too complex for the nubile mind that is of yours and for the message to hit home - the day I trump on your doorstep in Hargeisa with instructions as to how to form an opinion or which ideology you should pursue, I ask of you to blow my brains out, cowboy style. Now, do not you reckon the same should apply in your case?

No, I see you utter, then it is expected for my dear lad reason is not a commodity abundant in the Doqon Ma Waaye market, is it? Now, be a good lad, and behold the spill rather than flickering signal switches that could transmit deadly voltage to your spine.

Suldaanka – I know you never like dealing in true currency, for fantasy is the desired object in your corner, but did they not tell you one could be of Puntland, and a strong proponent of Somalia at the same time since the former is synonymous with the latter, or was that page ripped out of the red text you consume. Cakuye garaad dhallaan iyo dhaayo aan dabiib helin!

zamatar - Cakuye garaad dhallaan iyo dhaayo aan dabiib helin!

LANDER   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

My friend, we all know Bosaso Port is Puntland's main breadwinner, the rest account not that much. And if we are not kidding ourselves, we are well aware of its limited capacity in terms of generating income. So, unless you are telling us here that Puntland raises other revenues from some form of underground sources like Human trafficking for instance or nuclear waste deals etc, there is no way Bosaso Port alone will be able to fetch anything even half of the figures you provided. Save us the BLSHT sxb.

you forgot to add piracy to that list, seen the astronomical figures asked for every vessel & crew?

And I suppose selling one’s children for mercy money to the highest bidder in the Christian sphere is not to be spoken of.

By the way, what resources does western Somaliland has that one could be proud of?

Taleexi   

SW, what do you mean exactly eastern SL?, are you talking about Togdheer or Sool and Sanaag?, I couldn't comment on your question until I know what your notion of eastern SL means.

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

3. Puntland ayaa ka ciidanweyn Somalilandna kaa asmici maayo.

Since we're on the topic of numbers, I was wondering what you're take was on these numbers:

...Xafladani oo ay ka soo qayb galeen Taliyayaasha Ciidamada Somaliland iyo Maamul Goboleedka Puntland ayaa waxaa la isku waydaarsaday Maxabiis Tiradoodu dhammayd
, iyo Xagga Maamul Goboleedka
Puntland 12 Maxbuus oo laga soo daayey Jeelka Dhexe ee Maadheera

Taleexi   

Thanx Sumarai for putting the fault right, then the reponse of your quesiton will rest on our chaps Suldaanka, Lander and the likes

Times, there are when I find myself flabbergasted by the sheer inanity of some people who when not making a complete arses of themselves, mind you in public, splash putrid filth to anyone that comes in close proximity. This is one of those times as I think of Suldaanka’s illogical reasoning and misinformation. Does he really believe that, I ask myself? Is it ignorance, I enquire? Is it stu..pidity, I question? Then it dawns on me – it is none of that. It is pure lunacy.

Hear me for moment Suldaanka & Co for I shall indulge you this once:

Somaliland’s budget for 2005 was as follows:

“…miisaaniyada Somaliland 2005 oo lagu qiyaasay ila iyo 22 milyon oo dollar ($1=6,739 S/L) boqolkiiba tobban (10%) iyo jar jar ($2,260,630) ayaa ku baxa mushaharka Madaxweynaha, Mw/ku-xigeenka iyo Madaxtooyada.

One could read the whole analysis from here:

Miisaaniyda Sanadaka 2005 by Ali Gulaid - 20 January, 2005

Source: http://www.somaliland.org/ns.asp?ID=05012000

Now, is it possible 15 million of the 22 million had been used for feeding the troops ( ooops…I should say the national force)? That means the 40+ ministries along with all other government agencies had to do with 7 million for the year in its entirety – no need to speak of social services and other public service agencies.

Puntland’s on the other hand for the year in question was 235 billion shSho where the rate stood around 9,000 a shelling to the usd (give or take). If one consults the exchange rate and does the conversion to the usd, it stood at 24.4 million.

In 2006, Puntland’s projected budget as submitted a couple of days ago to the Parliament for approval was 250 billion soSh where the exchange rate is approximately 9,800 to the usd (give or take); therefore with the conversion, the annual budget for 2006 is a 25.5 million usd.

Now, why would someone trot about in public with such “indha adaygâ€, if not lunacy? And yet have the audacity to show face - show malaha ceeb looma dhinto. I do not know. Believe you me, this is one of those times when I almost give up on the Somali race: SCARY BEINGS with no shame many are!

Fyr   

You keep feeding us these figures without any shred of source with it, how is it that you expect us to believe when just spewing out phantom budget statistics. Can you even provide the UNDP complied statistics report for any year with Puntland’s budget? Suldaaanka has provided two pro Puntland websites to verify his claims, so what about you any evidence to confirm your claims? Or do just want us to take your words for it. People if you don’t want to believe what Qudhac and Suldaaanka said about puntland wanting to save face in sool, just look at the latest “security reform†announcement, that’s how desperate puntland really is right now.

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by FyrKanten:

You keep feeding us these figures without any shred of source with it, how is it that you expect us to believe when just spewing out phantom budget statistics. Can you even provide the UNDP complied statistics report for any year with Puntland’s budget? Suldaaanka has provided two pro Puntland websites to verify his claims, so what about you any evidence to confirm your claims? Or do just want us to take your words for it. People if you don’t want to believe what Qudhac and Suldaaanka said about puntland wanting to save face in sool, just look at the latest “security reform†announcement, that’s how desperate puntland really is right now.

fyrkanten iyo suldaan

whats the issue here? Who cares who has more budget or what,

If Somaliland has more budget than punland why then Somaliland is making hostilities and aggression against SSC people, muu deeqo budget ku!!!

Puntland is content with their budget, and they no threat to any one. However, Somaliland threat and hostile to neighboring provinces like sool Sanaag and Cayn, is it because the budget is not sufficient to sustain somaliland? But there no justification for aggression period

War ileen angaa wax aragnay. They say, people talk;Dogs bark!!!

Dear Sumarai, wonder what made you go ballistic?? ehehehe Was it the 25 billion shillings (eventhough I gave the benetif of the doubt and multiplied it by 10), or is it something else?

Puntland’s on the other hand for the year in question[2005] was 235 billion shSho where the rate stood around
9,000 a shelling
to the usd (give or take). If one consults the exchange rate and does the conversion to the usd, it stood at
24.4 million

This is the same person who just wrote few posts away in this very same thread that the "annual budget for Puntland in 2005 was 20(2) million (usd). Somaliland’s was 22(5) million (usd) or thereabouts in the same year". Ilaahaw na dil oo ha na cadaabin... again I leave it for the SOL readers to reach their own conclusion about this guy, for I am lost of words.

Truely a sad example of the old Somali adage that goes: "DH___ inta aanad DH____ ku odhan, ayay ayadu DH____ kugu tidhaa"... you can fill in the blanks for me, dear Sumarai. ;)

PS

Btw, you seem like you never read the pdf file I provided in my second post. For if you did, it would have saved you the shame making up these figures. Please do now and lets know about the last time the Somalia shillings reached anything close to 9,000 to the dollar.

In 2006, Puntland’s projected budget as submitted a couple of days ago to the Parliament for approval was 250 billion soSh where the exchange rate is approximately 9,800 to the usd (give or take); therefore with the conversion, the annual budget for 2006 is a 25.5 million usd.

again... no further comments here...

As for Somaliland budget and my reference to the 15 million dollars, I have my sources.

ps

I will do the honorable thing, and let the nomads here know all that is about (including commentary and analysis) the 2006 Somaliland Budget, when it comes out any moment now. I expect the same from you sxb. Don't disappoint me.

Qudhac – the trouble is if we have neither the recollection nor the wisdom to appreciate the past, what is one to make of the future. Discussions of this nature had come and elapsed with little use to the many in your school of learning [Riis ala boys where dust rationing rather than credence is the norm, for you could not possibly be of Sh Baraawe with which the latter could be identified], therefore I shall recount not the tale of the claim you so ridiculously regurgitate as if reading from the old book with inscription from the dear son of Sacdiya.

You see my dear lad, whether the regions in question are barren or otherwise, it is not a question for you, nor is it for the badly trained foot soldiers clad in their ill-fitting Kakis and badly oiled AK7s covered in lice from tip to toe swamping the pasture land causing endemic environmental damage; nor is it for Col Cadhays who is trying to reason with the wolves in the wee hour. Mind you Col Cadhays is on home territory, and in case you are wondering, Col Cadhays’s goal for opting for that line of reasoning is one that shall remain beyond your comprehension – hint Qabridahare, and the year was 1981 - ask adeer Siilaanyo, he is privy to it.

It is however for the locals whose decision had been “nay†from the get go. Let me lower the scale and give an instance lest the above lines are too complex for the nubile mind that is of yours and for the message to hit home - the day I trump on your doorstep in Hargeisa with instructions as to how to form an opinion or which ideology you should pursue, I ask of you to blow my brains out, cowboy style. Now, do not you reckon the same should apply in your case?

ehehehee

Without Gen. Nuux Taani's permission do you in your wildest of dreams think Col. Cadhays would have set foot in Adhicadeyse (his home territory as you put it)?? And to clearly show who is the BOSS around here, the SL army displays all of its best hardware on top of the hills that surrounded the area. What did he do in return?? He was laughing out load and enjoying the moment. ah...

I wonder if that reality dances with your demented line of thinking. ehehehe

Suldaanka - I knew you were not very gifted in the maths and smartiness department, but never knew you were this dim, therefore I shall say it for the final time in Somali in the hope some of it shall sink.

Consider this your final lesson in reason and rationale.

Tirada hoos u eeg, duf ku baxe.

Somaliland miisaaniyadeedii 2005-tu sida Cali Guuleed tafaasiisa uga bixiyey waxaa ay ahyad 22 milion usd - qiyaastaydii hore haddii aad eegtana

waxa aan u dhigay sdia 22(5) - taa macnaheedu, xisaabtaanad aqoone, waa inta u dhaxaysa 22 - 25 million (kor iyo hoos).Taasi qalad ma ahe, waa sax, waase haddii aanad muqfuradda la'ayn!

Sidoo kale waxaa ku idhi miisaaniyadii Puntland ee 2005-tu waxaa ay ahayd 20(2) million - taas macnaheedu mar kale waa inta u dhaxaysa 20-22

million (kor iyo hoos). Taase qalad ma ahe, waa sax, waase haddii aanad muqfuradda la'ayn!

Ogow oo hadda xisaabtani tii dugsiyada hoose/dhexe lagu dhigi jiray ma aha - waxaa ay u baahan tahay xis iyo maan arli joog ah!

Qoraalkani sida uu dhigayo, haddii ay run tahay waa kugu raacsanay, wax weyn ayaan ka qaldan maamulka Somaliland haddii ay taasi dhab atahay, una baahan in dib loogu noqdo.

Haddii aad eegto qoraalka af-Somaliga ku qoran, waxaa uu dhigayaa sidan:

"...Miisaaniyadan ayaa waxa 62% ay ku baxaysaa Mushahar, Gunnooyin iyo Raashinka Ciidamada, Cisbitaalada iyo Agoomaha, waxayna yihiin tirada guud ee shaqaalaha dawladda dhexe iyo ciidamada kala duwan ee dawladu waxaanay yihiin 25 Kun iyo 864 qof"

Haddii aad celcelis samayso, aanad tirada kore sida ay tahay u qaadato, 13.6+ million ee miisaaniyaddii sannadka 2005-ta oo idil waxaa lagu jiheeyey ciidamada, haraadiga oo dhan 8.4+ million inta kale.

Number-kani sax ma aha, haddii aad eegto Ali Guuleed (by the way, Ali is a senior accountant and a qualified auditor) qoraalkiisa ayaa u dhow dhabta. http://www.somaliland.org/ns.asp?ID=05012000

Gaashandige 1,216,568 (usd)

Ciidanka Qaranka 5,856,114 (usd)

Taasina waxaa ay isku noqonaysaa 31+% ee 22-ka million ee miisaaniyadda sanadka. Sidaa darteed 62% ee qoraalka hore calaama tu su'aal ayaa saaran. Xitaa haddii aad u sii dhaba gasho qoraalka aad soo xigatay waxaad la yaabaysaa tirada ciidanka oo xaqiiqada ka fog (25,864).

Tan Puntland, aan u soo leexdo,

Website-ka soo qoray 25 billion iyo adigu isku madrasa ayaad ka biya cabteen, oo xisaabta ayaydnaan ku wanaagsanayn oo malaha eberadii

ayaa isaga kiin qaldamaye, ee aan kuu dulmaro:

Qoraalkan hoose haddii aad daalacato, waxaad arki in:

http://allpuntland.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=5492

"...Dr. Gaagaab oo warbixin kooban ka bixiyay miisaaniyadda 2006-da ayaa sheegay in aysan sidaa uga fogeyn miisaaniyadii 2005-ta, uuna

jirto farqi koror ah oo yar dhanna 850 000 000 bishiiba "

haddii aad qalimka iyo buuga isla haleesho, waxaad arki in 850 million oo soSh bishii ay u dhiganto 10.2 billion oo shSo ah sannadkii, taas oo u dhiganta 1 million usd, haddii aan adeegsado 10 kun sarrifka dollarka ee shSomaliga.

Haddii marka doodaadu sida ay tahay aan u qaadano, waxaa ay noqonaysaa in miisaaniyaddii sannadka oo idil ay ahayd 25 biilion oo shSom ah, taas oo u dhiganta haddii aan sarrifno, oo aan dollar u bedelo, adeegsannana 10 kun halkii dollar, 2.5 million oo dollar.

Haddii ay sidaa kula noqotay, sidee ku dhici kartaa in miisaaniyadda oo ahayd 2.5 million lagu siyaadiyo 1 million (almost twice the year before), oo uu deetana wasiirka maaliyaddu yidhaahdo "... "...Dr. Gaagaab oo warbixin kooban ka bixiyay miisaaniyadda 2006-da ayaa sheegay in aysan sidaa uga fogeyn miisaaniyadii 2005-ta, uuna jirto farqi koror ah oo yar dhanna 850 000 000 bishiiba"

Bal dib isugu noqo?

Dhinaca kale aan kaa tusaaleeyo, 13-ka wasaaradood ee Puntland bishii waxaa u qoondaysan dakhli dhan inta u dhaxaysa 3,500 illaa 4,000 oo dollar usd (sida ay u kala mudan yihin) oo isugu dhafan gunno, adeegyo, mushahaar iwm. Taasi waxaa ay u dhigantaa in ka badan nus million dollar sannadkii. Waxaan xaqiiqa ah, inkasta oo aanan hayn miisaaniyadda saxda ah, in ciidamada Daraawiishta iyo boolisku ay helaan qayb weyn oo ah miisaaniyadda sannadka (unfortunate, but true). Waxaa jira ku dhawaad 6,000 oo shaqaale dawladeed ah. Waxaa xaqiiqa ah in ugu yaraan 20,000 usd ay ku baxdo Madaxtooyada bishii - by the way, waxaan ka ka hadlayaa madaxtooyda Garowe oo keliya. Tan Bosaso waxaa ay leedahay miisaaniyad u gaar ah. Abdillahi Yusuf waxaa uu ku lahaa Galkacyo madaxtooyo kale oo iyana lahayd miisaaniyad u gaar ah.

Haddii aad marka intaas oo dhan isku celceliso, caqli gal ma kula tahay in 2.5 million ay noqon karto miisaaniyadda dawladeed ee sannadka oo idil.

Caqliga saliimka ahi, ee fikiraya, ee wax garadka ah, ee waaya araga ahi, waxaa uu odhan lahaa "MAYA", kii kalese yeelkii!

Sal fudaydka iska daaye, bal mar kale dib ugu laabo xisaabta?

Adigana intaas ayaa kula badan ,aniguna waxaan ka argagax sanahay 25-ka million usd (chicken feed) oo ah miisaaniyadda hay'ad aad dawli ahayn oo dad aad u yari u shaqeeyaan (a charity organisation with perhaps a dozen or so employees).

Dhinac kale haddii aan kaa tusaaleeyo, waaxda anigu aan u shaqeeyo oo 300 oo qof ay u shaqaysaa waxaa ay leedahay miisaaniyad sannadeed (2005) dhan 1.3 billion usd, sida aan rajaynaynaya sannadka (2006) waxaa aan heli doonaa 25% oo ah shaqaale iyo qalab cusub.

Ma sheeko dhallaan uun baynu wadi caawa iyo bari,

Marka Suldaan ha ina daaline, nabadeey!

Yeniceri   

I was reading the link Samurai Warrior provided for the 2005 Somaliland budget.

Some interesting numbers:

Security Services
:

Ciidanka Qaranka

39,464,354,920 (SL Sh.) / 5,856,114 (U.S. Dollar)

Ciidanka Booliska

15,499,411,200 (SL Sh.) / 2,299,957 (U.S. Dollar)

Ciidanka Asluubta

6,290,707,200 (SL Sh.) / 933,478 (U.S. Dollar)

Social Services
:

Wasaarada Waxbarashada

7,163,075,000 (SL Sh.) / 1,062,928 (U.S. Dollar)

Wasaarada Caafimaadka

4,386,348,000 (SL Sh.) / 650,890 (U.S. Dollar)

Presidential Services

Qasriga Madaxtooyada

2,600,419,200 (SL Sh.) / 385,876 (U.S. Dollar)

Madaxweyne Ku-xigeenka

1,151,200,000 (SL Sh.) / 170,827 (U.S. Dollar)

W/Madaxtooyada

11,482,761,458 (SL Sh.) / 1,703,927 (U.S. Dollar)

TOTAL 2005 BUDGET
: 148,252,211,709 (SL Sh.) /
21,999,141 (U.S. Dollar)

Ciidanka Qaranka + Ciidanka Booliska + Ciidanka Asluubta = $9,089,549 (roughly 41.3% of 2005 SL Budget)

President + Vice President + Madaxtooyada = $2,260,630 (roughly 10.2% of 2005 SL Budget)

Health + Education = $1,713,818 (roughly 7.8% of 2005 SL Budget)

The Hargeisa administration is spending a massive percentage (roughly 41%) on its security services, yet during the October 29th battle, Puntland militias managed to capture double the number of POWs Somaliland did.

Money well spent or wasted? :confused:

Furthermore, Ministry of Health plus the Ministry of Education comprise a total of 7.8% of the 2005 SL Budget, which is lesser than the 10.2% delegated to the Presidency and its various salaries.

What message is Hargeisa sending to the world: that the Presidency is more important than the ministries of health and education combined? :confused: