Sign in to follow this  
Yeniceri

What's going on in Las Anod?

Yeniceri   

Xasan Dahir Afqurac, the Puntland Vice President, is currently on a State visit to Las Anod. Not as many people as expected showed up for his speech, including traditional leaders. His security staff was particularly brutal with area-based journalists. Also, the VP didn't talk about the Taleex controversy. What is exactly the story behind the Taleex controversy?

On a positive note, the VP commended the TB section of LA hospital. He said something like its the best he's seen in Puntland - truly a proud achievement for the citizens therein.

VP Xasan Dahir did, however, mention that Puntland and Somaliland militias will be removed from Adhicadeeye village, to Gumaays and Oog, respectively.

Where's the Somaliland statement on such a significant move?

Taleexi   

Taleex controversy remmains unsolved up until now. However, I am following up this saga and it is in a progression state therefore anything that I say about it now will be premature but as news comes available I will share with SOL Nomads

VP Xasan Dahir did, however, mention that Puntland and Somaliland militias will be removed from Adhicadeeye village, to
Gumaays
and
Oog
, respectively.

another classic :D

When Col. Cadhays labelled the region in question as a "lifeless useless baren desert hills worthy of no one's blood", I wonder if that was how he really felt or was he being sinister and trying to dissuade Somaliland? Either way, Somaliland was and is not in the mood. And that goes to AfQudhac as well.

What the VP of Puntland uttered is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Qudhac   

suldaan

i think for while pontland hane been desparately searching for a way out of sool it has become apparant they cannot finantially sustain their millitia stay in sool, and they have been pleading with somaliland for a "face saving" 2way withdrawal :D and somaliland is in no mood for going back to Oog :D

Taleexi   

Qudhac, if Somaliland does not want withdraw its militia from the territories it occupies then let them stay till circumstances change!

^^The occupier is the one who crossed the border and had the audacity to call the region a "useless lifeless desert worthy of no one's blood", that is the one that needs to pack his bags and leave.

Qudhac,

No doubts sxb, they are feeling the heat. By maintaining the status qou, Somaliland is doing an indirect damage. They are broke sxb and they sure will not be able to sustain a continued stand off.

According to this website Dhahar.com, The whole Puntland Budget for year 2006 is said to be 25 Billion Shillings. Yes it sounds big, too big, but in dollar terms according to FEWS is just above 1.3 million dollars.

Even if the said website made a typo and the number was meant to be 250 Billion Somalia shillings, then that still is lower than the 2005 budget for Somaliland's Armed Forces which stood at 15 million dollars.

And with the current projections of Somaliland Port revenue posed to increase at least 3 folds due to the increase in traffic at Berbera Port, Puntland will be no much for Somaliland economically and militarily.

Indha adayg badanaa … ignorance is a bliss, yet highly contagious, and only Somalis are known to discuss days and nights matters beyond their parameter or disciple.

Suldaanka – whenever I come across any of your posts, almost always I struggle to work out as to your level of processing of information and comprehension as to the weight of your words. Get this for I shall say it once…the annual budget for Puntland in 2005 was 20(2) million (usd). Somaliland’s was 22(5) million (usd) or thereabouts in the same year. Based upon historical data compilation of prior years dating back to 1998, small incremental increase has been noticed in both cases, and thusly the projected annula budget for 2006 is deemed within reach. This is derived from statistics compiled by UNDP which directly manages both administrations' Ministries of Planning. Now, my dear lad, for crying out loud, could you please…I beg of you, read a little, learn a bit, and talk less.

Besides, some of us live on planet earth, see the stark differences ‘ween what is (reality) and what is not (fantasy), and are a tad bit more realistic than our fellow countrymen in the super power republic of Somaliland.

Oh, well...

Kashanre - I know many in SOL have had changes of sorts for reasons unbeknownst to me, but you are the late Horn, are you not, dear old chap? If so, waa la is tabay, awoowe if I were to borrow Bashi’s famous stickler! How have you been my old chap?

Qudhac   

SAMURAI

Sxb it has become apparantly clear that you cannot wait for any longer to leave this "barren helholle as the puntland minister calls it..

even this afqalooc guy was announcing it everywhere about the imminant withdrawal of both forces yet we know somaliland has no intention of drawing back, so then the question is why make such wild remarks? well its becuase las annod has actually achieved no much political bennefits for puntland other than to simply pour what little resources they had down the sink.

as for S/l it has actually been blessing in disguise because it has allowed the maamul to reach allot more places than it did before.

SOO MAAL   

Gardarabanaa suldaan , qudhac

It should not be your concern Puntland Budget or the comments made by Puntland's officail (even if it is true), because it is NOT your business.

^^Maxaa hoos kuu soo celiyey, sowdigii Somalinimo iyo heerkaa taagnaa?? :rolleyes:

ehehehehe@ Sumarai

Runtu ragga ma dishee way ka nixisaa :D

Ma adiga mise websiteyadda, iyama ayaanu rumaysana?? waa yaabe :confused:

Let me put these in clear terms for you sxb:

1. Puntland ayaa ka revenue badan Somaliland cid kaa asmici maayo

2. Puntland ayaa ka Civil Servant (civilian public workers) badan Somaliland, taana kaa asmici maayo

3. Puntland ayaa ka ciidanweyn Somalilandna kaa asmici maayo.

Now that being said, can you explain to us, why Puntland was unable to pay its melitias for the third year running??? Why would the Puntland civilservants take up arms and abduct the Puntland Bank officials along with their moneybox?? Why would ragtag melitias block access to Bosaso Port every now and then demanding their salaries?? Sxb, ma adaa walaan mise cadan ayaa laga heesaya??

Sxb hadii ay Somaliland sidaa ahaan lahayd oo maalin walba khasnadda lacagta askari baabuurka debadiisa ku ridanayso, I would be so ashamed and wouldn't be in this thread with you. Laakin adiga?? Indho adaygna way dhaaftay, INDHO BIR would be a better word. ehehehe

My friend, we all know Bosaso Port is Puntland's main breadwinner, the rest account not that much. And if we are not kidding ourselves, we are well aware of its limited capacity in terms of generating income. So, unless you are telling us here that Puntland raises other revenues from some form of underground sources like Human trafficking for instance or nuclear waste deals etc, there is no way Bosaso Port alone will be able to fetch anything even half of the figures you provided. Save us the BLSHT sxb.

zamatar   

^^Maxaa hoos kuu soo celiyey, sowdigii Somalinimo iyo heerkaa taagnaa??

Oo ma run baad ka mooday somalinimada? Waa Qiiq laysku qariyo...Laakiin marmar bay is ilawbaan and then they will show u their tru colors..