Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2005 Champions League

N.O.R.F   

^^ Milan are very angry indeed and i fear a back lash, as long as the trio in the middle perform (Gerrard, Alonso and Hamman) we have a chance.

mojam   

Any guesses before kick-off tomorrow? I haven't seen Liverpool or Milan play since their last CL matches but I still think Liverpool will pull it off.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had a lot to say about this match, "Personally, I fancy Liverpool because I feel Milan look jaded physically and certainly mentally by losing the championship,'' the Arsenal manager told reporters in London after his club's FA Cup victory over Manchester United. I think they have never had a better chance of beating Milan than now."

What do you all think?

Viking   

I think that Milan are too professional to let the Serie A results affect them. They have had a dip in form but keep in mind that Liverpool also were thrashed at Highbury recently and also finished outside the top 4. So if we use the league as a measure of success then AC Milan are better off than Liverpool.

Mourinho and benitez have finally taught the english to play tactically, with their heads and not their heart. If the finals were like the NBA playoffs (with multiple games) then I'd say without doubt that Milan would win. But the final is only one game and anything can happen.

As a Milan fan, I'd like to see spectacular final where beautiful football is played, this suits Milan because they have a far superior side who are capable of playing wonderful football. They have better players on almost every position and I believe that (in L'pool) only Gerrard would possibly get a spot in Milan's first 11.

I hope that the team that plays the best football on the night wins.

milan.jpg

FORZA MILAN!

Northerner,

Look closely at the cup being held up in this ...not the UEFA or some other minor trophy, lol...

images445917_maldini_cup_s.jpg

she.jpg

N.O.R.F   

3 hrs to go :cool:

good luck the reds of merseyside!

Viking, lets just wait and see eh?

Peace

Viking   

ahem ahem... only four cups? I didn't want to rub it in by posting all SIX trophies, lol.

Hope it will be an entertaining match, I'd rather have a good game where the best team wins than a boring game where my favourite team wins. I hope we don't see a performance like the one in 2002 when Milan beat Juve at Old Trafford.

I have a feeling Kaka will do some spectacular things tonite...

FORZA MILAN!

NGONGE   

^^^ You got the Kaka bit right, saaxib. Oh well, one can't have it all. :D

Here, have a listen to the Milan fans singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" the Italian way. :D

FORZA MILANO

Viking   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ You got the Kaka bit right, saaxib. Oh well, one can't have it all.
:D

NGONGE,

Kaka was phenomenal in the first half; he provided for two of the three goals and played like he did last year.

Liverpool were extremely lucky, and they fought like lions to keep Milan out on the night. What a fabulous game; I wasn't feeling sorry for Milan in the end although the 'six minutes' got me sweating bit time.

- Sheva had a genuine goal ruled out after he got the ball from a tackle from a L'pool defender.

- Garcia saved Crespo's header off the line with his neck/shoulder

- Traore saved another one off the line

- Dudek saved TWICE from Sheva towards the end

- Smicer's goal came moments after the ref refused to blow the whistle for a Baros offside. The linesman was waving like a maniac but the ref just ignored him and L'pool kept the ball until they scored the 2nd goal seconds later.

...and to top that Gerrard took a dive to give L'pool a very dubious penalty.

It was L'pool's night, that's all we can say. Milan players did all they could but they just couldn't win. L'pool players were cramping towards the end after chasing Milan players for most of the game.

It was an amazing game, the best final I've seen so far.

PS: Looking forward to watch L'pool in the UEFA next season :D

YOU NEVER WALK ALONE...

BOB   

You can analyze the whole match from the kick off all the way to Sheva's penalty miss and you would still fail to explain WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO AC MILAN.

in my opinion AC MILAN lost the cup rather than Liverpool winning it as they threw it away, I am sorry but I can't describe it any other way AC MILAN just threw it away.

Yes, I know I said Liverpool would win it but I never expected them to win like the way they did, come one who could've thought an Italian team would concede three easy goals with in 15 minutes especially when you have some of the best defenders in the world?

Viking, sorry bro, there is no way your team should've lost that match but FOOTBALL is a CRUEL OLD GAME.

Kaka was simply fantastic and he didn't deserve to end up on the losing side and I am sure had Milan won it he would've been the MAN of The Match instead of Gerrard.

Viking, let's talk about the turning point of the match (in my opinion, anyway) the second goal Liverpool scored (Smicer goal) shouldn't have stood as the linesman had hid flag up for what seemed eternity and ref chose to ignore him at the most crucial moment of the match as Milan goal was under siege, BAROS was miles offside.

I know the Liverpool lads would argue the second goal that Milan scored came after they had a penalty appeal turned down, but Nesta, never touched it with his hand, I recorded the match and I played over and over again and he didn't TOUCH it at all.

it was simply not your night and I feel sorry for Milan players and their fans as they didn't deserve to lose like the way they did…Football is a Cruel Game Indeed.

next time let Inter Milan through as i am sure they would've won it EASILY. :D:D .

Dida, seems to be unbeatable whenever he plays against Inter but as soon as he sees English team he wets himself...remember Leeds Utd match?

no wonder Inter fans wanted to burn him ALIVE.. :D:D .

Northerner & NGONGE, CONGRATULATIONS.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Viking   

Originally posted by BOB:

in my opinion AC MILAN lost the cup rather than Liverpool winning it as they threw it away, I am sorry but I can't describe it any other way AC MILAN just threw it away.

Anyone who watched the game would agree that Milan threw it away. But the referee played a big part.

Kaka was simply fantastic and he didn't deserve to end up on the losing side and I am sure had Milan won it he would've been the MAN of The Match instead of Gerrard.

Kaka was by far the best player on the pitch, except for the English who rated Gerrard and Carragher as the best players. Carragher did make some decisive tackles, the man could hardly walk in the end with all cramps from the calves to the hamstring. But he worked really hard to keep Sheva out and he did it quite successfully.

Viking, let's talk about the turning point of the match (in my opinion, anyway) the second goal Liverpool scored (Smicer goal) shouldn't have stood as the linesman had hid flag up for what seemed eternity and ref chose to ignore him at the most crucial moment of the match as Milan goal was under siege, BAROS was miles offside.

Most L'pool fans said they were happy with Gerrard's goal as a consolation and never dreamt of levelling against a side like Milan.

I know the Liverpool lads would argue the second goal that Milan scored came after they had a penalty appeal turned down, but Nesta, never touched it with his hand, I recorded the match and I played over and over again and he didn't TOUCH it at all.

I don't know if the broadcast is the same, but he clearly touched the ball with his elbow in the pictures that were shown here. One commentator said that he was trying to avoid touching the ball. He is a top defender and would never touch a ball so blatantly because it would lead to a penalty and a caution (or even a red card). But the ref was in a clear view and saw it as accidental.

it was simply not your night and I feel sorry for Milan players and their fans as they didn't deserve to lose like the way they did…Football is a Cruel Game Indeed.

-Bayern didn't deserve to lose to Man U in the 1999 CL

-Chelsea didn't deserve to lose to L'pool in the CL semis

-PSV didn't deserve to lose in the CL semis, they outplayed Milan in both games and lost on the away goal rule.

-Man U didn't deserve to lose to the Gooners in the FA Cup final, they dominated throughout.

But in football you don't win by deserving results, you get them, and L'pool did that on the night.

Dida, seems to be unbeatable whenever he plays against Inter but as soon as he sees English team he wets himself...remember Leeds Utd match?

no wonder Inter fans wanted to burn him.

I remember that goal; he let in an easy shot towards the end of the game. A goal which sent Leeds through to the semis. But he was still new in Milan and since then, he has won Copa America, the World Cup, Champions League trophy, the Scudetto and an Italian Cup. I can't think of a goalie active today who has won those five important trophies (besides Barthez that is - who is banned for spitting and we all know he has makes the horrible blunders)