walk on through the wind

walk on through the rain,

though your dreams be tossed and blown,

walk on walk on with hope in your heart,

and you'll never walk alone,

you'll never walk alone, alone, alone,alone

;)

nuune   

to draw with Chelsick was alright, everyone thought chelsic will win the game, but hell no, Liverpool played well and defended well,

am happy with the result, we will c what will happen in Anfield next leg,

Liverpool will have to cope without Xabi Alonso.

Viking   

I found tonite's game to be quite dull and with very few chances but it worked out (tactically) in favour of L'pool. Let's hope they make home advantage count.

Last nite's game was more exciting, PSV played very attractive football and didn't deserve to lose 2-0. But as the football experts always say,you gotta take your chances against big teams, otherwise they'll punish you.

N.O.R.F   

^^PSV were very unlucky not to have a quality striker,,,,

Well last nights match was probably the nerve racking i have evey experienced in my life. Chelsea had 3 very good chances but failed to hit the target (Viking do you still have confidence in Drogba?) and we had 2 half chances which hit the target. We played better in the second half and controlled the game more. Xabi Alonso was excellent again, Makalele is a top player, Gerrard and Lampard were over-shadowed by the spaniard and frenchman.

I was very dissapointed with the atmosphere last night. The Chelsea fans were very quiete, it was like another league game to them. ITS THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL! :mad: . What a contrast next week at Anfield with all the cnahting, flags flying and flares glowing from the KOP. A night to remeber i hope, we are one game away from the CL final and i can not believe it, i keep pinching myself. After giving up on football altogether at the end of last season after Houllier tactics, if you told me at the start of the season we would be one game away from the CL final (Milan are not there yet by the way)i would have laughed in your face :D .

Next will be an even BIGGER game.

Operator: Hello 118 118 which number would you like please? Northerner: Turkish Airlines please :D

SoMa_InC   

Operator: Hello 118 118 which number would you like please? Northerner: Turkish Airlines please

Very optimistic indeed!

As for last night's game, I am glad that we did not concede any goal. And its a matter of fact that Chelsea will score an away goal!!

I am very confident that we will win the return league.

Next week shall be a successful week for the club.

Peace.

Viking   

Northerner,

For a L'pool supporter it must have been nerve-wrecking but neutrals like I didn't have much to enjoy. I was extremely disappointed with Gerrard and I'm convinced Hamann would have done much more last night. The only good thing he did in the whole game was when he crossed to Baros for the header that Cech saved with his LEFT :eek: hand. He was by far the worst player on the field, could hardly get a pass right. But I heard this morning that he underwent some dental surgery moments before the game where they removed some abscess. No wonder he looked lost! The L'pool defence was great, it looked more like an Italian defence.

As for Drogba, his contributions especially in the Bayern game made it possible for Chelsea to progress to the semis. In the first leg, he put Lucio to work for 90 minutes and in the return leg he scored the decisive goal that saw them through. He is a class player but the system Chelsea play stop him from scoring a lot of goals. I don't know if you realised but Chelsea havebeen playing with ONE player on the top. When Gudjohnson and Drogba play, the former usually plays as a midfielder and they use the flanks (Duff and Robben/Cole) to support the player at the top. This is why they don't have a top scoring player (Gudjohnson has 11 goals, Grogba and Lampard have 10). When was the last time you saw the Premier League winners win without a high scoring forward? Man U have played in a similar fashion (they call it 4-3-3 but it has worked more like a 4-5-1) and that's why their highest scorer (Rooney) has 10 goals so far. Compare this to Henry with 25 and Andrew Johnson of Crystal Palace with 20...plus I find it amazing that NO Chelsea or Man U player has scored more goals than Pires so far!

N.O.R.F   

It was more like an Italian cat and mouse game, Chelsea had the clearer oprnings earlyon while Liverpool were less effective but grew in confidence as the game went on.

Drogba has the physical presence to unsettle many defenders, especially those from Germany who are used to the passing game rather than the long ball game. That left foot shot he missed was just disgraceful, £24m and no left foot? come on saxib!

Soma Inc, your boys are sounding too arrogant, i hope we stuuf their comments back down their throughts.

Sky Sports commentators Andy Gray and Alan Parry were so biased last night. Every comment was oh Chelsea this and Chelsea that. Andy Gray has always hated Liverpool (being an ex Everton player) so he takes every opportunity to have a go at Liverpool. He has been doing that for the past 13 years :mad: . I want to hear what he says if we end up winning the competition.

This morning coverage on Sky Sports News and many papers was all about Mourinhos comments after the game of "99.9% of Liverpool fans think they are already in the final". We are happy to be one game away from the CL Final after a disastorous season with injuries. Hes trying the old reverse phsycology trick on a european stallion. Not gonna work Jose.

Anyway, i have said enough already, lets wait until next week (Tue ITV1 @ 7.30pm)

Peace

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

I am very confident that we will win the return league.

Saxiib it is obvious you and Mourinho have no idea about a European Semi-Final nite in Anfield. Dont even contemplate about anything else apart from how less you will be humilated.. :D

Compare this to Henry with 25 and Andrew Johnson of Crystal Palace with 20...plus I find it amazing that NO Chelsea or Man U player has scored more goals than Pires so far!

Aaahhh. The joy!!

I want to hear what he says if we end up winning the competition.

The sad thing is that even this occurs they wont be in next year's competition.

Viking   

When Real Madrid won the CL a few years ago but ended up fifth in the league (Zaragoza was in 4th), the Spanish FA gave the spot to Real Madrid and Real Zaragoza played in the UEFA Cup. I don't see the same thing hapenning in England simply because of the rivalry between Everton and Liverpool. It would be a blow for Everton to lose that spot but to lose it to their local rivals makes it extra painful.