Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2005 Champions League

WingA   

you guys give me jokes walaahi.. enuff luv to liverpool bro.. enjoy the moments brother..

peez..

Intel   

qaxooti's trip to the sub-continent :D

mate I went with team from AIS (Australia Institute of Sport) everything was paid for didn’t cost me a cent, we stayed at hotels (kiiled the room service) :D . We went to play 7 games 4 in India and 3 in Pakistan against Indian and Pakistani development teams, we only get to play 6 game 1 rained-out. The countries ? India was alright bit too hot and too crowded but, Pakistan was awesome tho, loved every minutes of my stay there. As for results we won 5 out of 6 games.

did you go out for a duck?

lol nope I scored 1 tho our first game, I batted number 4 we were 15 for 2 when I faced me first delivery, it was bit widish so i let it through.. I was pretty nerves :D

I swung at the second ball and connected got 1 run, 1st ball in the next over slow ball so I went for it going for the fence at midoff :D ...swing and a miss went thru my legs and knocked me over I look back and there was only 1 stump standing lol.... so we lost that game we were all out for 145

We won all our games after that :cool:

As for me I scored 142 runs in 6 games average of 23 run pg, highest score 56 run and for wickets 11 and 4 catches…. Not half bad I reckon :cool:

N.O.R.F   

lol

impressive stats, not a bad return on six games,

we stayed at hotels (kiiled the room service)

i bet you did, all those calls to Somalia then blaming it on some one else is a standard trick (if you had others with you),

there was only 1 stump standing

Thats what happens when play against you Shoab Akhtars :D

As for me I scored 142 runs in 6 games average of 23 run pg, highest score 56 run and for wickets 11 and 4 catches…. Not half bad I reckon

Not bad at all, is that 11 wickets from your deliveries?? how many overs per team?

glad you had a good time over there on the other side of the world, as for me, i think my days of competitive footy are truelly numbered, i tried a backheel last week during a game of 5-a-side and fell falt on my face :D , no more tournaments home or away!

Waaw! I never usually venture into this neck of the woods (thought footie was the only game discussed), but seems like we got some real sportsmen in here smile.gif . I actually used to play cricket in school Rokko….all those India Vs Pak matches used to be bloody wars in my school :D .

So do you play professionally? 23 runs per game is alright. But you must be a excellent bowler at 11 wickets in 6 games. Cricket is a lot of fun to play, but I just couldn’t sit through 6-8hrs of one game.

N.O.R.F   

^^^welcome to the sporty types forum dear^^^

I actually used to play cricket in school Rokko….all those India Vs Pak matches used to be bloody wars in my school

i hear you was a mean Bowler, Curtly Ambrose would have been proud :D

Cricket is a lot of fun to play, but I just couldn’t sit through 6-8hrs of one game

It was gr8 fun at school, but i would only sit through a match if it was interesting enough and only on a Sunady when there is nothing else to do.

^^ Thanks for the welcome. smile.gif

I was more of a batswoman actually :cool: . I could usually handle all kinds of fast balls but a measly spin ball could take me out most of the time :D . I used to hate fielding..I still do, imagine standing around for hrs waiting for a ball to come ur way, and even then its not that exciting.

Shane Warne was my bowling hero and Sajin Tendulkar my batting hero.

N.O.R.F   

^^i'm impressed :cool:

Imran Khan was the 'man' well my Pakistani freinds keep telling me :D rahul Dravid of India is the best for me, he has the finesse,whereas Tandulkar just hits them, Dravid makes it look so easy and with style. Pakistan are looking good again aswell. They just beat india

^^ LOL. I used to play with style mate. Even in the scorching heat, I never broke a sweat. :cool:

I agree with your comparison of rahul n Sajin. Sajin specially grew fatter later on and could hardly make the runs.

My best friend is half Pakistani, half SriLankan... She used to dread the matches between the two countries. Her parents would make her choose and take over the tv for the entire day screaming obscenities at the other team. :D

Cricket is out of this world in the sub-continent. Even little kids as young as 5 know the ins n outs of the game + its history. True fanaticism, much like footie is here.

Intel   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Thats what happens when play against you Shoab Akhtar

you faced Akhtar :eek: **** that

how many overs per team

it was a limited overs games mate, 50 per game

i think my days of competitive footy are truelly numbered, i tried a backheel last week during a game of 5-a-side and fell falt on my face

heheheh like this :D shaaha iska yaree dee sxb

Originally posted by Amethyst

So do you play professionally

nope i wish one day insha'allah

batswoman ey impressive indeed

wlc to the sport section dear

N.O.R.F   

^^^lol, thats exactly what happened, but to make it worse i missed the ball, tripped on my own feet and fell into a metal gate, injuring my hand/wrist in the process :rolleyes: the chorus of retire and 'weey kaadamaatey ninyho' were being shouted from the touchlines :D

ps Ame, diggin the groovey specs :cool:

N.O.R.F   

14.gif14.gif14.gif14.gif14.gif14.gif14.gif14.gif

Red vs Blue, North vs South, Red History vs Blue Future, Portugal vs Spain, England vs England, Tactician vs The Ego

COME ON YOU REDS!