Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2005 Champions League

nuune   

The game finished liverpool 2 juventus 1

for me it was kinda dissapointing, cuz if we keep it 2 to zero, it wouuld be nice,

now they damn juventus need only one goal to win next game :mad:

it would be alright, Liverpool played well tonight, and they know when it is away, they would double their peformance smile.gif

Waa Xildhibaan Maskax Dhuuqe

Viking   

I hope that Liverpool win after the return leg. I hate Juventus style of play...they play cautious and hope to overturn the results to their favour in Turin. It would be sweet to see Liverpool go through, but they'll need at least a perfomance like today's to get them through.

Are Lyon heading out? I think PSV has a massive advantage after the away goal.

I have a sneaky feeling about the Milan derby; we could be in for a suprise as Inter have no chance to win a major trophy this season except the CL :cool: I hope the Rossoneri do what they have done the past six years - beat Inter in yet another derby :D

N.O.R.F   

What a night, great performance and great atmosphere (a European night at Anfield is like no other in english football). Sloppy goal to conceed but its was coming. 2-1 is a good result, we will finish them off in Turin.

Without Cisse, Morientes, Alonso, Kewell, Pongolle and Mellor we defeated the Mighty Juventus after much cr*p being taken from those hoping for Liverpool to get trounsed due to their own 'better' teams being knocked out earlier.

What would we do with a full squad???

walk on

Intel   

^^ the chanting at Anfiled is rather special indeed.

Brilliant 1st have by Liverpool..

If the they can produce another 45 min like that at Delle Alpi, they’ll go thro..I hope they do too

nuune   

Bayern was rocked by Chelsea 4 to 2, but wait, I dont think Chelsea could get away with that, Bayern need only two goals at Munich next week.

Tha Bayern defensive was craap, I never seen such horrible defensive like that in a while, and it is champion league, what happened to them!!

ooh last night, the memory is still there, Liverpool will never walk alone smile.gif

Chelsea are too good for Bayern and any of other remaining teams with exception of AC Milan. Its gonna be AC Milan vs Chelsea FC final this year, Im putting down big money on this.

N.O.R.F   

Makax Taabte:

I never seen such horrible defensive like that in a while

The English teams go out and 'get it' when they are at home (in the knock out rounds)but play a more tactical game away from home.

ooh last night, the memory is still there, Liverpool will never walk alone

lol, Liverpool walked alone in Europe during the 70s/80s with no other english teams (apart from Forest in 79?) doing what they did. Ie liverpool supporters traveling into Europe (during the hooligan era) with no fear of any team (or their supporters) placed in front of them and won 4 Europoean Cups and 2 Eufa Cups (also in 2001) along the way. The liverpool fans brought the culture of the 'tracksuit' to the UK by ransacking designer Lacoste stores on their travels, hence why alot of ppl from Liverpool like to wear sports gear casually. Therefore, the term you'll never walk alone is a song borrowed/taken (caall it waht you like) from (forgot his name) aimed at other team/supporter basically telling them that they will never achieve what Liverpool achieved during those days. Along time ago now but the song is still true.

walk on, walk on, with hope in hearts, but you'll never walk alone.

Viking   

Goofy,

They were talking about that song recently on 'Talk sport' radio and it was said to be copied from Glasgow Celtics.

N.O.R.F   

^^it may be true, Liverpool and Celtic are the same club ie Irish/Catholic connection and sing the same song with the scarves held high at the end of each match win or lose. If you support Liverpool in England then its only normal to support Celtic in Scotland. The main story behind it is the influx of the Irish to Liverpool and Glasgow, that connection has faded a little but its there

nuune   

goofy, norde,sxb am not Maskax Taabte, it is Maskax Dhuuqe smile.gif

it is true that celtic and liverpool go along, that is according to the Irish, am not fun of Celtic though many of my friends are die hard supportes of celtic cuz of Catholikism, that is why I dont support Celtic!

I can't wait that game on wednesday in turin, I think we will finish them off, the juvos :D

also, I forgot, manchester city, we will kill them too on sunday smile.gif

SoMa_InC   

Originally posted by Soma_Inc

What a final it would be...Chelsea Vs Milan....

I am still with that thought. The treble dream is on...........

I still dont think that was a penalty. But still I am confident that we will trash them at their home.

We are in the process of showing Arsenal how to beat B Munich.

Back to the premiership...We'll demolish Birmingham on the weekend, trash Man Utd on the 16th/04/05 and win the cup at the bridge against Arsenal on 20th.

Remember Chelsea needs to win 3 games to win the cup and we'll do that when we will be playing Arsenal at the Bridge.

Go Chelsea....Unleash the drama...

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

Originally posted by Soma_Inc

quote:

What a final it would be...Chelsea Vs Milan....

I am still with that thought. The treble dream is on...........

I still dont think that was a penalty. But still I am confident that we will trash them at their home.

We are in the process of showing Arsenal how to beat B Munich.

Back to the premiership...We'll demolish Birmingham on the weekend, trash Man Utd on the 16th/04/05 and win the cup at the bridge against Arsenal on 20th.

Remember Chelsea needs to win 3 games to win the cup and we'll do that when we will be playing Arsenal at the Bridge.

Go Chelsea....Unleash the drama...
Chelsea will win the second leg without a problem. It will be easier for them than was the first leg because they will know ahead of game time what Bayern's strategy will be-attack. So chelsea have to sit back and absorb pressure and hit them on counter-attack, which they have perfected.

What a cheat Ballack is, total dive and it fooled the ref., it should have ended 4-1 for chelsea.

mojam   

What's going on here.

Liverpool over Juve. Both liverpool & juve have a CL league record of: 6-1-2 (W-D-L)

Inter couldn't get a single goal. How does it work anyways for these two teams that share the San Siro. Does the away goal rule still apply. Either way its good to see the people's club win against its city rivals again.

The Philips club continues to surprise Europe by getting an away goal against the French giants. Yes, the winners of the last three French Championat editions. Lyon was the runner -up in France in 2001 and won all championat competitions after that. PSV is writing a little bit of a history as well by breaking a 30-year old record in Dutch football as well as giving ajax its greatest home defeat ever NIL-FOUR.

The Chelsea's game was the only one I watched. Chelsea's style of play is becoming consistent. Same style of play that gave them the lucky win over Barca is working against Munchen. Good old fast-paced premiership football. Bayern's style of play in the Bundesliga is actually similar to that of Chelsea.

At the end of this round this is the record of the teams left. (W-D-L-PNTS)

Milano AC 7-1-1-22

Lyonnais 6-2-1-20

London 6-1-2-19

Liverpool 6-1-2-19

Turin 6-1-2-19

Milano Inter 5-3-1-18

Eindhoven 5-2-2-17

Munchen 4-1-4-13

WingA   

London^^ thats neat!!

where are them Gooners??

United were the last team from england to win it and its about time the next team won it so we could get our drive back to challenge Chelsea whom i have enough respect for..

they havent got any real superstars but some are emerging slowly and its great watching them..

Milan V Chelsea Final!!