y'all reckon? :D

N.O.R.F   

^^^lets agree to disagree

Todays draws:

Liverpool vs Juve

Milan vs Inter

Lyon vs PSV

Chelski vs B Munich

Its an all win situation for me, my fave teams have been paired against each other ( I wish we got PSV) and I hope Liverpool can get the luck when they need it. But with players like Cisse, Kewell, Alonso, Pongolle all out with injuries and Nando (Fernando Morientes) cup tied, its difficult to see how we can beat the mother or Italian football.

Milan vs Inter will be a very tight game but I would expect the red side of milan to go through, lyon to beat psv. Chelsea vs B Munich is a classical tactical game for us to see.

SoMa_InC   

This is Chelsea's year of glory! No doubt.

We'll show Arsenal how to beat the hell out of B. Munich!

As for the Liverpool Vs Juve game, I cant speculate on who will come out on the top but its certain that whoever it is Chelsea will demolish them. Too confident huh!

What a final it would be...Chelsea Vs Milan....

Peace.

Chelsea to go through...........eventual

Juve to be too proffesional over the two leggs

Milan too good

And Lyon to edge Psv

after that anyone can win it

But i see a Milan Juve repeat, with Juve and Nedved getting revenge

Viking   

Which league is the best in Europe this year?

In the knock-out stage...

-Italy had 3 teams, all 3 went thru.

-England had 4, 2 went thru.

-Germany had 3, 1 went thru.

-Spain had 2, both were knocked-out!

I was hoping Milan would draw Chelsea since they have beaten Inter in the semis two years ago and Juve in the final. They also beat Bayern twice on the way to that final. Chelsea and Milan are the best sides in Europe today and a final between the two sides would be exciting to watch, let's hope they don't get eliminated in the quarters or semis.

N.O.R.F   

Bayern to be Chelsea (experience shall prevail)

Juve to Edge it vs Liverpool

Milan vs Inter to be very interesting, i have a sneaky feeling for Inter

PSV/Lyon is a tight one, Lyon to edge it.

I reckon the final to be between liverpool and inter, its just a hunch. This year the surprise package is to be liverpool and I think they will beat the old lady even though its gonna be tough. As far as chelsea is concerned I think they will beat bayern with some ease. Inter will be looking for revenge and that might just spur them and the fans on to beat AC, though I', not that sure.

N.O.R.F   

^^only hope your right, football is a funny old game with many surprises that why we love it so much, go the pooooool! :D

This is my prediction for 2005 CL 1/4 round:

>Chelsea to beat Bayern munich over two legs

-2-1 aggregate for chelsea

>AC Milan to beat Inter milan

-very close but AC Milan to go through based on 1st leg results. Note Inter will be without their top strikers-no Adriano, vieiri and martins.

>Juve to 1-0 both legs over Liverpool (any surprise?)

-Liverpool's lack of class will be exposed by F. Capello's side.

>Lyon to go through as well over PSV eindhoven

-close but the french side have the edge in quality over the champions elect from Holland.

And my final prediction:

Chelsea FC vs AC Milan

what a game that wud be! :D

N.O.R.F   

^^well i hope your WRONG saxib, Liverpool vs Juventus will not be as straightforward for the Italians as most ppl would think. Nevertheless, Liverpool have a crippling injury list, imagine if we had our players (Kewell, Cisse, Alonso, Meller, Pongolle and Morientes - cup tied) available, but we have made it to the QFs :D .

vjuve_source_03.jpg

Even Pavel Nedved is wary of the reds.

VLADIMIR SMICER last night insisted Juventus will arrive on Merseyside feeling less than confident of progressing to the Champions League semi-finals.

The Czech Republic winger is a good friend of international team-mate Pavel Nedved, the star of the Italian side that are favourites to win the competition.

But Smicer believes Liverpool delivered a psychological blow with important performances on the eve of the quarter-final first leg.

He and Nedved talk regularly on the phone, and Smicer revealed the growing doubts at Juventus.

"I'm close with Pavel," said Smicer. "We're similar ages, came through together and played together for a long time for the national side.

"After we played Everton and beat them so well, he rang to say, 'Oh my God, we're all hoping you won't play like that against us'.

"He has great respect for Liverpool, and he told me he thinks it will be a hard game. I told him the same."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/tm_objectid=15367045%26method=full%26siteid=50143%26headline=nervy%2dnedved-name_page.html

Xabi Alonso will provide Liverpool with a massive boost tonight when he takes his place on the substitute's bench for the Champions League clash with Juventus.

Alonso isn't fit enough to start the game after overcoming a fractured ankle, but boss Rafael Benitez has confirmed his Spanish midfielder will be in the squad.

Irresepective of whether he joins the action at some stage tonight or not, Alonso will play for the reserves against Leeds tomorrow.

Benitez said: "Xabi is in the squad. He will not be in the starting eleven but he will be in the squad because he is an important player and he is now training with the team.

"He is not 100 per cent fit and the idea is not to use him against Juventus because we hope to be playing well and winning. But if we are not and we need something different at the end of the game, then we may think about using him."

:cool: :cool:

This is a huge game and i've never looked forward to a game like this between my two Fave teams, the mothers of English and Italian football respectively,it will be closer than most ppl think but they underestimate Liverpool, just watch and enjoy the contest.

walk on

New York Times :D

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/05/sports/soccer/05juventus.html?ex=1113364800&en=4987d2447c999d5e&ei=5040&partner=MOREOVERNEWS

N.O.R.F   

Head-to-head

Liverpool and Juventus have played each other three times before in a European Cup competition.

Their first match-up was in 1965/1966 when Liverpool eliminated Juventus (2-1 on agg.) in the first round of the Cup winners' Cup.

Their last meeting was the Champions Cup final on 29 May 1985 in the Heysel Stadium of Brussels. The evening ended in a nightmare as 39 Italians and one Belgian supporter were killed following riots in the stands. Juventus won that match 1-0 on a Michel Platini penalty.

Liverpool have played Italian clubs twelve times in a European Cup tie and have lost six (winning four, drawing two and losing six).

The reds have played five home matches against clubs from Italy and lost twice (winning the other three). Their most recent loss against Italians came at Anfield, when they went down against AS Roma (1-0) on 22 February 2001.

Liverpool won their last meeting with Italians when they beat AS Roma 2-0 at home on 19 March 2002 in a Champions League second group phase match.

Juventus have played 31 matches against English clubs in a European Cup tie, winning 13 and losing 11, with seven draws.

In away matches, Juve have won only two of their 15 matches against English clubs, drawing five and losing eight. Their most recent away win came on 20 November 1996 when Juve beat Manchester United at Old Trafford 1-0 in a CL group stage match.

Viking   

I found this funny quote in the Swedish media by Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2001 when playing for Ajax.

"First I went to the left, and so did he. Then I went right, so did he too. Then I went left again...he then went to buy a hotdog!"

1. Zlatan comes in the 18-yard and faces Stefan Henchoz...

SPORT-05s999zlatan1.jpg

2. Zlatan pulls the ball with in to the left and Henchoz is following well

SPORT-05s999zlatan2.jpg

3. When the Liverpool defender follows Zlatan, he quickly turns to the other side

SPORT-05s999zlatan3.jpg

4. Henchoz is fooled and left wondering as Zlatan swiftly turns to left

SPORT-05s999zlatan5.jpg

5. Henchoz can only look on as the artist completes his masterpiece

SPORT-05s999zlatan5.jpg

N.O.R.F   

^^^lol, no Henchoz tonight, but we do have Carragher :D

zlatan will be a huge threat, but hopefully we can counter that, Juve have quality all over the pitch, i'm hoping for a quality game, if we keep a clean sheet it will be very good for us, but i have a sneaky feeling about this game, Liverpool will produce some quality stuff tonight, just hopes its enough to take an advantage to the Dellialpi.

_40996321_liver_juve_203.gif

NGONGE   

2-0 to Liverpool, saaxib. This is the time where the season begins to turn in our favour. Most of the injured players are back (or on the way back), we're one point away from fourth place in the league (though I don't think we'll need it).

Bring the Italians on, baby. We’ve got some unfinished business to take care off. Trust me though, Bolton was the harder game. :D

nuune   

I never been so happy when Bolton lost that game, it took us long to beat them, I guess that won't happen with Juv, We will go all the way through,

For those who think Liverpool is not a world class, think of where they are now and talk later!

Damn it, am still laughing at United, what happened to them, the richest club, biggest, and kicked out lool, see u guys after the match smile.gif