Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2005 Champions League

mojam   

The guessing game is back for the knock-outs of the CL.

here are the rules: If you get the result of one leg right you get 1pnt. If you get both legs right you get 2pnts. You don't have to give the final score game. Rather, you just have to say wich team will win or if they will draw. Then just give the team you think will go through.

here is my piece.

Real Madrid - Juventus, leg 1 (DRAW), leg two (DRAW), Madrid to next round

Liverpool - Leverkusen, leg 1 (Liv Win), Leg two (Liv Win), Liverpool to next round

PSV - Monaco, leg 1 (Mon Win), leg two (Mon win), Monaco to next round

Bayern - Arsenal, leg 1 (Bay win), leg two (Ars win), Bayern to next round

Porto - Internazionale, leg 1 (Int win), leg two (Int win), Inter to next round

Barcelona - Chelsea, leg 1 (Bay draw), leg two (Barca), Barca to next round

Man. United - Milan, leg 1 (ManU win), leg two (ManU wind), ManU to next round

Bremen - Lyon, leg 1 (Bre win), leg two (Lyon win), Lyon to next round

Arsenal V Bayern - Leg1 Arsenal Win Leg2 Draw - Arsenal through

Man Utd V Milan - Leg1 + Leg2 AC win - AC thru

Juve V Madrid - Leg1 Draw Leg2 Juve win - Juve thru

L'pool V Bayer - Leg1 Bayer Win Leg2 L'pool Win - L'pool thru

Chelsea V Barca - Chelsea Win Leg1 Barca Win Leg2 - Barca thru

Porto V Inter - Inter win both Legs

Werder V Lyon - Lyon win both legs

PSV v Monaco - Leg1 Draw Leg2 Monaco win - Monaco thru

SoMa_InC   

Man Utd V Milan - Leg1 + Leg2 AC win - AC thru

Looooooool...Cant laugh anymore, my skinny ribs are hurting. 187 Seriously, You are the first person I came across in my entire life that hates Man Utd with passion. Big Ups coz they deserve to be hated.

Chelsea V Barca - Chelsea Win Leg1 Barca Win Leg2 - Barca thru

Good Guess but I think its the other way round. Chelsea might loose or even draw at nou camp but we'll trash them at da bridge and Inshallah we'll be jetting 2 da next round.

I want Liverpool to loose blad, That lil pra*t Gerrald is being over-rated.

Did you know that Frank Lampard has been awarded as the best player in league...Well deserved I say.

Peace.

U know how it is , with passion ,with passion. i have never liked this team and I never will.

The only reason why I went for barca coz robben will be missing. He is my fav dutch player man but we'll see. Concerning liverpool if they happen to catch berbatov on a bad day they will go thru if not well then God bless them because they are gonna need it.

N.O.R.F   

L'pool V Bayer - Leg1 Bayer Win Leg2 L'pool Win - L'pool thru

Thats more like it son. Berbatov is over-rated saxib, and dont come back with, you dont now how good he is because i do, Carracher can deal with him.The main threat is Franka.

SoMa_InC   

^^^^ Carrager (Dont mind the spelling)....he is officially a wack player. The Premier League is high level for him. He is one of the reasons why Liverpool are underachieving this season!

Him and the likes of Hypia....Damn...No more comment regarding this wacko players.

Viking   

I want Liverpool to loose blad, That lil pra*t Gerrald is being over-rated.

Soma Inc,

He's the only world-class player at Liverpool and can get a place in any team in the world. I think him and Lampard are the best two central midfielders in England but it's a pity they can't play well together, they are way too similar to be on the same side.

As for the CL results, this is how I think it'll go...

Arsenal V Bayern - Leg1 Draw Leg2 Bayern win - Bayern through

Man Utd V Milan - Leg1 Draw + Leg2 AC win - AC thru

Juve V Madrid - Leg1 Juve win Leg2 Real win - Juve thru

L'pool V Bayer - Leg1 L'pool Win Leg2 Bayer win - L'pool thru

Chelsea V Barca - Chelsea Win Leg1 Barca Win Leg2 - Barca thru (just like the last time they met)

Porto V Inter - Leg1 Inter win Leg2 Draw-Inter thru

Werder V Lyon - Leg 1 Werder win Leg2 Lyon win- Lyon thru

PSV v Monaco - Leg1 PSV win Leg2 Monaco win - PSV thru

Arsenal V Bayern - Leg1 Draw Leg2 Bayern win - Bayern through

Viking, what do youy mean by that? You seriously think they are going to beat us at Highbury? Their best bet to win is in the first leg,arsenal are away and without sol campbell.

Viking   

Originally posted by $187$:

Viking, what do youy mean by that? You seriously think they are going to beat us at Highbury? Their best bet to win is in the first leg,arsenal are away and without sol campbell.

I thought the first leg was at Highbury. Things might turn out different...Arsenal's perfomance against C Palace was astonishing tonite and they seem to have regained their form at the right time! But they probably wouldn't score as many goals against a strong opposition like Bayern (please don't mention the Inter game, lol, that's a one time thing).

Bayern have been top of Bundesliga and playing well, but they lost 3-1 this weekend to Armenia Befield (wrong spelling probably) which is a mid-table team.

But I still think Bayern will win at Olympic Stadium and get a draw at Highbury. I say this because Arsenal's away form in the CL is deplorable and Bayern play almost equally well home and away (head says Bayern heart says Gunners).

Fair enough Viking but remember the champions League is full of unexpected surpirses. Remember last season Porto V Man U. United had it won until the last minute. It took just 1 goal to change a tie around. I remember Alenitchev being substituted and he went str8 to the dressing room thinking the game was over, as soon as he heard they scored he came running back out. Sol Campbell will certainly be out and that could prove crucial. But Bayern are more of a team that defends and not much of an attack minded side.

BUT, and this is a big but. They are just crazy and accurate with their freekicks and corners Arsenal will have to watch.

N.O.R.F   

Man Utd will go through, Arsenal will go through (just), Chelsea vs Barca is tough one to call, Barac have been indifferent lately, but i'm hoping Ronnie will teach Lampard and Makele a few tricks, Liverpool,,,,,,,,,erm,,,,,,,,,,erm,,,,we shall see.

Barca to run riot, Man to beat milan but 1st leg but to lose overall, Bayen to take advantage of arsenal frailities, Real and Juve is gonna be a boring affair (Hope Nedved makes it n zizo plays from the start) and Lpool to Draw against Leverkuson

Inter v Porto will be the most entertaining of the matchs

and most importantly i dont give a monkeys Roma arent playing icon_razz.gif

But Man u Milan should be goog viewing ;)

N.O.R.F   

Warya, dont celebrate any Milan goal, those manks can be dangerouse when they are tanked up on Boddingtons, no Forza Milan chants aswell, Old Trafford is a quiete place for its size, during CL matches u can hear a pin drop, no mutterings of Seria A is better tham the Prem or they will kung-fu kick you and your mate like Eric Cantona :D enjoy the game and get some pics for us less fortunate than yourself, lucky &^%$ :D

Peace

I still fancy Milan over United even though Sheva is out. Arsenal will go through by away goals, Ballack is out injured for the match. Makaay is not playing to his best ability at the moment which gives toure and cygan a somewhat relief. Liverpool might edge it at home because their home crowd is just mad and intimidates any opposition team that visit that damned stadium.