Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2005 Champions League

^^^ lol ^^^ North

A shock for arsenal Fans Perhaps, but the 1 - 1 draw ( forgeting the missed penalty for a sec) is no shock here :D

Now Guys be prepared for a shock :eek: :eek:

Roma will somehow win tomorrow and get back into the running for qaulification ( well i can be deluded as an arsenal fan cant i :D )

Does anyone Know what the difference is between a Good Player and a Great Player?

Watch

big_MD-I164205.jpg

A last-minute touch of individual brilliance from Ronaldinho sent Barcelona top of Group F as the Brazilian struck to clinch a 2-1 win over Milan on Wednesday. Skipping away from challenges, the Barça playmaker slammed a high shot past rossoneri keeper Dida to end Milan's 100% record.

He was present when it mattered. Now watch the other names Banded about as the best player in the world i need not mentioned any ;)

I have to say Im pretty disappointed. I cant believe the talent on display and how they lost the plot in the second half. Mind you its probably for the best. Arsenal would probably fire on all cylinders once they know they losing it. Bummmer

N.O.R.F   

Arsenal fans have finally come to the realisation thet defences in the Prem are less superior to the CL standard.

I missed the Barca vs Milan game cos i was with an Arsenal fan who wouldnt change the channel :rolleyes:

North lol i guess the scarifce of missing the Best Game of the season ( so far ) was worth it ;) .

I have to say Barca are playing some outragious Football, I didnt see anyone have more than 2 or 3 touches all night. I hope they are rewarded this year for the way the play footie. And with lil Xavi i think they have finally found the successor to the Legendary Pep Gaurdiola (was the man of the match)

Viking   

That's weird. I was talking about Xavi's similarities with Guardiola last nite. Barca seem to have replaced the legend with a player who is bound to do as good a job as he did. Barca will be even better when they get back their defensive midfielders who are all out injured.

The game last nite was quite interesting but could have been even better if Milan came to win. They played only Sheva on top and brought in Seedorf late in the game. They contained Barca for 89 (!) mins until a certain wizard decided to end the dead-lock. But it was the best game i've seen this year in the CL.

About zi Gunners...well, tell them it's premiership and they play like a big team but they seem to shudder when they hear that it's a CL game. Not forgetting that they got one of the easier groups.

Great Minds Think Alike Viking lol.

Milan Played a great counter attacking game in teh first 30mins but Kaka had was ineffective as the support striker for Sheva, and Serginho was more interested in doubling up with Kaladhaza on Barca's Right Back Belleti than join in counter attacks with Kaka and Sheva.

Milan still havent discovered that magic formular from last year that took them to the championship and Seria Points Record, but they would, along with Barca, chelsea :eek: :D and Juventus would be the teams to beat.

N.O.R.F   

Well after a course on Time Management, i will go home, pray tarawix and watch Lpool tonight!

Barca are very good but will not win it, they are just missing that something i think.....hope they proove me wrong

N.O.R.F   

_40486913_poolgoal300.jpg

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez admitted victory against Deportivo La Coruna was vital in their tight Champions League group.

Jorge Andrade's early own goal gave Liverpool a 1-0 win.

And Benitez said: "We started at a very high tempo and had many chances. It is a very important win for us and we could have scored more goals.

"We were very good defensively and also good on the counter attack. We are pleased but move on to the next game."

Igor Biscan was outstanding in midfield after replacing injured Xabi Alonso, and Benitez said: "He played very well.

"It is important to have all the players ready and a good squad so you can play more games at a high level."

Benitez added: "It is all back in our own hands now, it was a great win for us and I was delighted with what I feel was the best Liverpool I have seen.

"As far as my feelings about winning in Spain, that is really not important.

"I want to see us win away matches in the Champions League, that it was in Spain was not my first consideration.

"As far as I am concerned it is important for Liverpool to win, it is not important in what country it is in."

Benitez added: Benitez said: "We had a problem before the start, it was decided that Xabi could not play more than 45 minutes.

"But in the end because of the way that (Dietmar) Hamann and (Igor) Biscan performed, we did not need to change things until right at the end of the match.

"Depor are a good team and if you allow them to keep possession they can be very dangerous indeed.

"But we knew that if we hit them on the counter-attack it would make them nervous, and that is how it worked out."

Deportivo coach Javier Irureta said: "Liverpool played very well and we just could not break them down.

"I know we have now gone six games at home in Europe without scoring, but that does not reflect our overall performances.

"But this time we did not play well and we lacked imagination.

"The goal was a bad mistake and a big blow to our confidence. Players who usually want the ball at that stage did not want it.

"I know we are bottom of the group, but as long as there is hope of qualifying, we will hang on to that"

Go the scousers, go Juve, go Barca!

:D:D

mojam   

wow two great goals in match day 4.

Ronaldinho 2-1 agains milan and arjen robben 0-1 in moscow.

v nistelroy proved yet again why he is holland's favourite striker.

i dont know about everyone else but i think my team the might blues that are chelsea have got be one of the favourites. the reason why i think we would even beat barca if we were to meet them in the final, semi-final or the quarter-finals is that i believe that on the day we can nullify any threat posed by barca including the great ronaldinho.

now this man is a walking trick box and is without the greatest player on the planet at the moment but i believe that our mighty defence and midfield can cope with him..our inspirational captian ,John Terry, can defintely marshall the likes of Ricardo Carvalho, William Gallas, Claude Makelele and Paulo Ferreira to do a decent job. now if we were to nullify barca's main threat they wont have 1. supply to larson and eto'o 2. the ability to break down a defence with constanst bombardent of long passes and through balls and 3. the ability to win the game with a piece of magic like ronaldinho did against ac milan.

that leaves the whole game open and the likes of Frank Lampard, Damien Duff, Didier Drogba, Eidur Gudjohnsen and the brilliant Arjen robben to break down what i blieve to be a fragile barca defence which no team have been able to exploit to a great extent.

N.O.R.F   

so you manage to shackle Ronnie, what about Xabi, Deco, Eto. It would be a good game indeed. That Arjen Robben is looking good for his money, 2 very good goals so far!

Chelsea are looking very good, we will be able to make a proper judgement when they meat Arsenal in Dec!

Already looking forward to some titanic clashes

Ars v Chls looks like an early title decider, i think who ever gets the pyscological advantage might go on to win the title.

Likewise it really is looking like a 2 hrose race in italy this year, barring inter putting together 5 or 6 win roll, so Milan v Juventus is the game am waiting for in Seria A