Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

how much kids would you want to have

Hibo   

May Allah Bless us all with Healthy, Beautiful and Talented Babies(Amen.)

Hope you'r aware of the increasing C-Section among the Somali Women - 2 out of every 5 is going thru a cesearean child birth - "Natural Birth" has become a cliche

Doctors are encouraging to have a C-section instead, to avoid all that Pain!! And I think the problem is community, those women don't have their Elder Brave Women(Moms) around them all the time - Discussing these things, and preparing them, no one to tell them they can do this - That they are Strong, and Capable.

They instead have Dr.Evil!!! Saying there there sweety - it will be just fine, we have Medicine for Pain - here's an Epidural, and I will be there if anything goes wrong we can quickly and gently Slice you n' get that baby out...Chop-chop Finito!!

Oouchh Not so fast Evil!! Well,If they tear you up twice,along with the health complications and the time period you've to wait between each pregnancy,lucky if you make it to child #3 -before no time nature strucks ie; biological clock stops and there u are stuck with fewer children then you'd wished for..now talk about 8 or 9 kids!

The biggest, most horrible irony of this whole thing is an OB/GYN whose patients are Somali women (who never bothered to learn a word of English) with an interpreter who barely speaks the lang. let alone understanding the medical terminology; Who wouldn't make any attempt to discuss explain the methods/procedures as any other human Doc. would do for a patient - Yet so quick to misdiagnose - rushing to an appointment book to schedule unnecassary surgery be it tying the tupes etc.

Am angry, we aren't doing more to Educate ourselves, aswel as the less fortunate Nomad Sisters and stand up for our bodies.

The Dr.Evils will finish us up quietly, with a smug smile if we appear to be clueless - Girls, do your research before they do their experiments on you ie; How do u decide, how much information a doc needs to give u? How can u make sure its really accurate? Pheew..God help us all, every birthing Mother and the Mothers to be.

As far as the Q. goes - Haven't really thought about it - Eventho' its in God's hands and 'Shirki' to pick a #.. I'd choose quality over quantity.

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

Buubto   

Soul_lady

Well said sis. Yeah u right nowadays it seems to me that the kufaars r trying to target us by convincing Muslim ladies to have cesarean childbirth, by scaring them like “ur life & the child’s life is in danger if u don’t agree to have cesarean”. U know us we r always big family, & they in the other hand very small family. So I think they r afraid muslims r increasing so this is their new way to stop us. Our prance times & the current time that we living in isn’t the same so much has changed. Not only cesarean is thread to our community birth control is as well. So guys I will say don’t dream too much, u might fell very hard with critical wounds. Sis the problem isn’t only the misunderstanding, not at all most of the doctors r yahuuds & muslin necebyaal marka kas ayee u sameyaan.

Aboooooooobo kaalay waa idinka 9 & above kids mention gareyee ma qabiil dhan ayaad abaabuleysaan imaan yeesha yac lol. As for me I am happy whatever Allah gives me, and I won’t mention any numbers I will let Allah deal with it. wuxuu ilahay qoray in uu jirkeyga ka soo gooyo ayaan heli.

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)

XawoTako   

I think one is enough, I don't care what it is. I might adopt a couple too...

The reason why there are so many C-sections is that nowerdays there are simply too many Junior doctors (at least in Uk) and when they see the slightest difficulty they operate. Having said that,operation is often life saving , I mean why would you tak the risk? It's just that we Somalis see it as the end of the world.

LOL@Jamal...u got big plans boy, How will you remember their birthdays and names? LOL cwm32.gif

Hibo   

Miskiin Abaa, i am have have big plans as sister Xawo tako said. Lets say God gives me 40 to 50 kids, and if they get married by the time they are all 18, and lets say each nd every one of them gets atleast an average of 5 kids. what are we talking about then? a small ciidan right? I have my eyes on examples like osama bin ladin and other tough guys like them.

MaandeeQ   

Jamal-11;

Here I'm finding myself interested as always when it comes to U, don't know Y! LoL May I ask u to consider me #1 wifee on the list n Allah 'll provide US whatever # he might think it's kheyr insh'allah. Promise to keep in shape mentally, spiritually n physically til u r ready. Salaam

-----------------

"Innal-Laahhu Yarziqu Man Yashaa'u Bi Kheyri Xisaab"

Hibo   

MandeeQ. oh sure you got the position, i need a first wife who can raise and lead an army of kids. MandeeQ it is not only you who interested in someone, but there seem to others too, i am one of them. Dont worry, i eat loads of corn-flakes so my mental status will be alright.

Mac salaam

mataan   

salaams all;

I am gonna pick a # but i'll defintely put quality before quantity. i'll prefer 4-8 but its all down to Allah.

byee all

Salaan...

Jamaal:

Duqa, that will be a clan. Maxaa loogu magac daraa hee? Reer Jamaal abuu Jaajuumoow miyaa? Runtii. Bas waaye, reer dhab aa yeelanee, weydiiso hee Boqorada inii goof nus eh kaaga dhisto the House of Birds dhexdiis nooh. wink.gif

Macsalaama!!

Hibo   

First I'd like to say God knows how many children I will be blessed with, if any.

Aside from that, I always loved the idea of having twinz! and 2 more chilren. That brings us to a total of 4 children. Peace-n-Blessings.

P.S. My mom's side had a history of giving birth to twins......do u think i'd be lucky?

------------------

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Almighty can stand up to anything."

Jamaal   

I honestly think that 3 children is more than enough. Having children is easy, provided that you have someone to have the children with. However, raising your children to the best of your ability is anything but easy. Providing 3 children the best live possible, including putting them into college or university is more than you can handle. There fore, any moron can have children but can you raise them and provide them with the life they rightly deserve. I am a student myself, and i am graduating next year. My parents are immigrants ans so am i, meaning that i was born in where i live right now (Canada). So i work hard so that my children will have better sopport finacially and emotionally when they decide to go to university. Besides, you don't want to spend the rest of your life raisign children. You want to spend your golden years (+50) with your wife whom you love so much

Ashwaq   

The reason the C-section became a trend for the young Somali ladies has very little to do with misdiognosis or running away from pain. Actually, some women choose it over natural birth, why becuase they are doing fav. for their husbands, if you know what I mean, I always thought that it was the doctors encouraging these women to have the C-section, so they can charge plenty Dinnaro but no! it is the woman who are intiating this thing. Don't you think these women suffer enough at young age when the FGM was done to them, do they have to go through other form of mutalation all over again? Yaa rab, I will never understand these women, Bleaching their skin, FGM, C-Section for what? for a man, No man in the world is worth such body abuse. I actually spoke with several woman, educated and not, they seem to have the same mentality about this. Maybe the education would have start them learning Self-love and how to be darn selfish.

How many children do I want to have, the answer is none, I figure why go through that hassle when I can adopt one, you now having children from the heart. So, I choose not to have a child until I am ready when that day comes maybe I will adopt ten Orphanes, I figure no pain, but plenty of gain the day of judgement. Raring 10 homeless children, giving hope is better than having a replica of some man. hehehe, you can see this woman is not ready for marriage or hhmmmm lol

[This message has been edited by Ashwaq (edited 05-15-2002).]

Hibo   

MMA looooooooooooooooooooool House of Birds kulahaa lol, house of Chicks and Thugs aan ku garab dhisanaa duqda boqorada. House of Words

Traditionaly I am from a big Family.

That is almost impossible since I can't be a house wife 4 life. but wouldn't mind at least a half Dozen to a Dozen Insha'allah and If I have a choice I want all Boys but I will be happy what God gives me(that is QADAR).

Stay Strong