Sign in to follow this  
LadyDotNet

Why do somalis play this mind games when it comes to relationships?

Salaam all

May I first of all say what a great input you all have been putting on this site. I've just signed up, but have spend few days reading some of the past posts, and its appears like a good forum. So heres a tumbs up from me smile.gif .

Now thats out of the way, let me come back to my topic. Why do somalis play this mind games when it comes to relationships? how can we make a relationship work when its built on dishonesty and child games?. Why do we even bother calling it a relationship and why not use the term thats more fitting a 'fling'? or something along those lines.

If you stop for a moment and ask a somalian girl/boy, lady/man about what needs to be done to make a relationship work - I am sure they will come up with endless lists of how to play 'hard to get' - hard to get??? but my question is are you worth to keep? how can one play 'hard to get' when the other person has no idea what qualities one posses? I'm sure you all can see what my point is, we spend to much time playing cat & mouse that there is never enough time to develop the relationship. He spends few months chasing her, she spends few months ignoring the calls, the usual scenerio. You want something you grab it, no need to lose any face value, just be real. Say what you want, and what you expect, and let the rest flow. Stop reading between the lines and ask for clarifaction for whats not clear.

Feel free to agree, disagree - its all good smile.gif

p.s I do apologise in advance if this topic has been covered before.

I think something along these lines might have been already debated.Back to your topic, I feel your frustration bro. Initiating a relationship with a fellow somali can be diffucult at times. From guy's perspective,i used to think endless mind games is all somali girls do....but i learned to hang in there a little longer and real honest thingz eventually come pouring out!.

True somali ppl's relationships is mostly based on games as some guys like girls to play games. I have seen guys who love to chase walahi and if u start to like them after while and say lets just give it a chance it finishes there cus there is no chellange anymore.

Thanx for your replys.

Che-Guevara - I'm a sister, so i think my fustration stemps from the fact that I don't like guys chasing, I prefer if they were real with me, and let me know exactly 'whats up' - you know the 50/50 relationship, you both give/take, take & give.

But you are right, when the game playing is over -the truth eventually starts to come out.

mis_Nasima the thing with these people who enjoy chasing and once they get what they want, they want it no more suggests they were not interested in the person in the first place - but were only interested in satisfying their own ego, which is a selfish act.

Where u @ smile.gif , na seriously i understand what your saying. I can only speak from my expriences and say that its not only somali girls that play games most do. However i dont no whether somali girls do more.

The only expirence i have had with a somali lady was quite the opposite i must say. She was so open, honest, polite and all these inspite of the fact that she was well aware of just how attractive the guys (like myself smile.gif )found her.

But then again i think thats to do with the fact that she isnt ur tybical nomad queeny so who knows.

Like Che-Guevara said abayo just hang in there biad ur time and hopefully u will meet someone that u can get on with.

My only advise would be to avoid the (younger guys sorry Junior nomads :cool: ) because u'd just be wasting ur time there.