Sign in to follow this  
Yusufaddie

How old is the Col.?

NGONGE   

He was born a very long long time ago. Most people (including himself) are certain that he was born somewhere in Somalia (but don't’ take my word for it). The only solid fact here is that good old Abdullahi is old, very, very old! His teeth are creaking, his arms are shaking and he’s probably starting to notice the growth of new hairs in his ears and nose; or the loss of old hair from so many different parts of his body! However, unless the man is senile (which is something that can be argued successfully I suppose), his age really does not matter at all. :D

Well i don't know if i should start another tread but but the reason why i wanted to know is because i want to understand from the somali point of view- "How can an Old man as him self be feared or to some respected so much to make the majority of a country go his way and the thing about it is he the majority was not his family in other words " what makes a man in Somalia influential?

age dont matter but i believe he could use lil botax namean!! to smooth out them wrinkless!!lol.

but i like the way he portays himself as westerner no beard or moustache!! nice hair cut too, 3 piece suit! man has got style!!

Haashim   

you forgot one important thing,our nomad tradition the people only count the springs (GU') that they got RAIN, if there is no rain they don't usually count smile.gif , so if we assume there are at least ten springs that we didn't get rain in his life how old is he then? :cool:

There is also other discounts for those who were born in BADIYE, the Islamic year is less than one year for every 33 christian years :rolleyes:

So, 10 + 2 min ? = ?

Warmoog   

:D @ Rahima, you cracked me up.

The brother above, and any impending guardians of the Colonel's 'honour' (or whatever it is you're defending), do give it a rest. The insignificance of the man's age has already been established because most are aware of it being a non-issue in our part of the world.

The brother who initiated this thread is trying to determine what makes men influential in Somalia, so let's move in that direction now.

OG_Girl   

Origanilly posted by Yusufiddie:

Well i don't know if i should start another tread but but the reason why i wanted to know is because i want to understand from the somali point of view- "How can an Old man as him self be feared or to some respected so much to make the majority of a country go his way and the thing about it is he the majority was not his family in other words " what makes a man in Somalia influential?

Let me try to answer here, First, no majority went his way.. people in Nairobi or so called Parliment Members are either Warlods or left out from last regime.

So there was no much choices there.They all same !!

Just imagine some one running election for president of somalia in this time and age what they want?? I don't know but my Education system seems they fooled us.. they tought us never trust some one asking for leadership but go the want people appointed him!!.

Believe me wouldn't make differences A/Yusuf or other 25 candiates they all were from last regime.

Salam

Presdinet Yusuf has been around for a long time, he has played a significant role in modern Somali history, from the Ethiopia-Somali wars, to the toppling of the Barre regime. Over time in the psyche of the people there developed a perception that he is larger than life character, a resolute, tough man a survivor.

Somal’s have a habit of going for the tough man, of supporting the warrior or the stronger individual in any contest; it may give them a sense of security. That why some individuals or groups still overtly nostalgic for the Barre administration, General Barre after all portrayed himself to the very example of being strong.

Our history is full of tough leaders, from Imam Ahmed Gury arguably the founder of Somali nation, Mohamed Abdulla Hasan the nationalist leader to General Aydeed and the present president.

In today’s Somalia the President is seen as the man who might bring some semblance of normality, the one man out of all these lose canons and failed politicians to restore the republic.

Oh, O.G girl , the whole country supports the new President, all factions from the USC to your own ONLF have welcomed his election. And the idea that the 275 MP’s are all warlords is absolute nonsense, the MP’s represent all strands of Somali society and that includes the Warlords.

OG_Girl   

Smith, My self I accepted as many Somalis did! But what I was explaining was there was no much choices..and still believe there were either warlords or left out from last regime whom voited for him!.

Salam

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

Presdinet Yusuf has been around for a long time, he has played a significant role in modern Somali history, from the Ethiopia-Somali wars, to the toppling of the Barre regime. Over time in the psyche of the people there developed a perception that he is larger than life character, a resolute, tough man a survivor.

It is so pantomine...!!

Rudy, Abdullahi Yusuf doesn't portray himself as a westerner. He dresses sharply and looks neat, because it's his habit as a military man. In radiogalkayo.com you can watch a videoclip of a young Abdullahi Yusuf in his late 30s with military uniform.

Rahima   

And the idea that the 275 MP’s are all warlords is absolute nonsense, the MP’s represent all strands of Somali society and that includes the Warlords.

Whilst i agree, it just proves one point- how sad we are as a people.