sheherazade

Fashionistas

*bump*

there was some snow this morning but Spring is coming in a few weeks. Anyone seeing anything nice in the shops?

Think this is gorgeous; even better long all over:

?module=images&func=display&fileId=11715

Saw the film(An Education) yesterday. Very good; go see it.

Malika   

^maa aragte dirac is getting tiresome now,better bring back the toob days back..I too am going to a wedding this Saturday,been looking online,as I have really no access to that many shops..In otherwords am not folking hundreds on a dress..lol

Sheh,that looks fab.

River Island has casual maxi skirts and dresses,quite nice actually.

-Lily-   

Sheh, I was admiring that very dress this morning...

Juxa & Malika, try Mango, they have smart maxi dresses that are not too formal & can be worn again and again.

23423276_44.jpg £80

21424917_N1.jpg £60

-Lily-   

Sheh I know, I saw it, it’s very long too. A slim fitting nude, light cardigan and a skinny gold belt would look just as nice.

Juxa   

Lily i need something more formal than summary and flowery dress.

preferably one color. the mango ones show it all, ma cleavage baa ma back baa waxba qarinmaayo

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Saw the film(
An Education) yesterday. Very good; go see it.

Saw it with a friend last year, kuraastaa isku qarineene. Never seen such a white film in my entire life! :D

I just couldn't connect with that film at all, on any level. Hated the girl, hated the Dad, the forced humour. The Jewish guy was ugly (I'm sure Carey Mulligan thought the same icon_razz.gif ), there was no real chemistry between the leads. The only thing I liked about the film was the ending. She got what she deserved! :D

Seriously speaking, about 2 years ago, I read a story in Vogue about a middle class girl who fell in love with an upper class twat who was much older than her & broke her heart. That piece in Vogue was much more interesting.

I can't understand how "An Education" could be up for Best Film @ the Oscars. Sony must have lobbied this film like there is no effin' tomorrow.

LOL I liked it's Englishness. No, I didn't see any chemistry between the leads either but it worked better that way for me. I squirmed at his perversion. The banana? Helllo! Let's not add more spoilers. Ibts would hate it too.

Ibtisam   

^^Does not sound like my cup of tea at all.

Juxa it depends on how much you want to spend. I saw this dress for £435 in this little place near my work place. I could live in that dress, so so good looking. I thought if I tried it on I might steal it, so I just looked at it and stroked it like pervert. redface.gif Gorgeous

-Lily-   

Flowers & bold prints are everywhere and it’s Spring (well almost). I was thinking along the lines of a dress that can be worn again & again for summer evenings out, formal dresses are a once or twice type of dresses that sit at the back of your wardrobe. Anyway, Coast or Monsoon are your best bet.

I love love this one.

65211572_F_m1.jpg

£200 monsoon

65225072_m1.jpg

£160 monsoon

Gorgeous nude dress in Coast: £220

thumb-19.jpg

p.s. if you’re wearing a hijab cleavage should not really be a problem.

Ibtisam   

I like the Green/blue one, but when you wear Hijab and cover the top it is a bit of :(

You can always wear it around the house in it and cook barris @ Juxa. icon_razz.gif

Lily, I was thinking the other day, I hope summer comes early, the shops certainly are planning on it with all the flowers & bold prints around.

-Lily-   

Ibti, I actually think the beading on the top is a bit weird, there is already enough going on with the bold prints. Let’s see how it looks when it arrives at their store.

lol@cook baris in it, I think that will be a challenge with an evening dress, but I do agree what cant be worn outside will certainly be appreciated inside icon_razz.gif