sheherazade

Fashionistas

Kool_Kat   

^I don't see why people (women) say they can't walk in high-heels! WHAT? Believe you me, they take me to another place - high baanban ku noqdaa markaan xirto - literally... :D

Isse, you can't see me walking in heels if you keep dreaming (riyo)... icon_razz.gif

Malika, xaatiri? FB aa? Makuwa dhuuntaa kujirtaa walaaleey? Besides, those yellow ones aren't even that high...They are very comfortable too...Thanks, I love colours...I hardly ever buy the typical black heels, I think I only have one or two pairs...I am the coloured-shoe lady nooh... :D

Still :( @those shoes, how many big footed women (size 9) can be out there bisinkee?

Kool_Kat   

Facebook dhexdiisa ku dhuudhuumatooy mar uun baan banaanka kaa heli...

I am not worried about you, it is almost a blessing... icon_razz.gif I've seen you around the SOL group, when the place was still alive...After a while, you just disappeared, mise is qaris baa gashay...

-Lily-   

Malika, channel supermodel and go for the heels. If not there are plenty of lovely jewled flat sandals out there.

I used to practice walking in heels at home, but that was a good 6 years ago now icon_razz.gif

I love high heels, however, I can never walk on them. They feel sooo uncomfortable that even looking at them hurts :mad: . But this summer, it is my resolution to wear or die trying because all the cute shoes are high-heeled.

Kool_Kat   

Lily, after six years, are you still practicing or have you mastered the art of walking in high-heels? :D

It isn't really that bad or uncomfortable to wear/walk in high heels...It is all about the right size and fit - that's the trick nooh...

Girls, ASOS stocks a really good selection of beautiful, although sometimes expensive, Maxi dresses. Might be worth checking them out, especially for cheap beach dresses. See below.

image4xl.jpgimage2xl.jpg

Chilli Pepper Maxi Short Sleeve Dress £17.75

image4xl.jpgimage2xl.jpg

Yumi Boutique Printed Tier Hem Maxi Dress £55.25

image4xl.jpgimage2xl.jpg

Milly Moy Waterflower Print Silk Chiffon Maxi £320.00

image4xl.jpgimage2xl.jpg

Jaeger Poppy Print Silk Tiered Maxi Dress + Slip £500.00

I really like the last dress but I wouldn't spend that sort of money on anything but a plane ticket!!

-Lily-   

Val, the silk dress , the one before last, Zara do similar designs for about £70, they can be quiet dressy too.

KK, of course I’m an expert icon_razz.gif but being a tall I’m not reliant on high heels, Alhamdullilah. Usually wear them when I’m going out, and even then not more than 3 inches (yours look like 5 inches ) otherwise I’m comfy in these 19007513_thumb.jpg

Malika   

^Loved the belts, Ta'!

Any of you ever ventured into a TK Max, they have some lovely maxi dresses for the only £19.99!!

Bags and Shoes,on a price a public worker[mostly on SOL] can afford.. smile.gif

Urban   

You guys need to check this website out, I've been meaning to post it for a while now, I guess this thread is the most fitting place to do so.

It's called The Sartorialist and it's filled with photographs of people on the street with a very interesting taste in fashion. Some of them are quite awful, but I went through the whole archive time ago and found really good inspiration. Who knew there is more than one way to wear a shirt?

Check the 'biography' section to find out what the blog's about.