sheherazade

Fashionistas

Blessed   

Lily

Thanks. I was waiting since last summer for this style to hit the shops. Think, I'm going to be stuck on this trend for a few decades at least. :D

Xalimopatra

Regular gals don't fare any better. I say, if you can afford it, find a good taylor and get made for you garments. ;)

-Lily-   

LOL@few decades, if it suits you why not. I havent catched up on the whole tailor made thing, I thought only ppl of my mums age had stuff made. Have any of you tried it?

Lily-I'm going to get some stuff sewn at this Modern Nigerian tailors in South-East after my exams are done.My Nigerian co-worker showed me some stuff she and her sisters had made for a showcase-type event...Really original and practical designs too!

I will let you know how it all turns out.

-Lily-   

Thanks Xalimo,

Sheh, they loved it in Dubai Mango, a crowd of women were ogling that hideous colour combination. But they had beautiful long skirts there as well, not like the Mango in London.

Head to Principles, they have pretty long skirts, boho dresses & smart toned down work wear.

px_gomaxi.jpg

Ibtisam   

^^Lil I'm in Love with the black and white skirt, where is this Principles located that you know of?? and the red dress is lash,

Lily, so they loved the pink, vomit clot, huh? Is it the designer association - u know, Mango launches Murad's OOuuCC Collection- or are these women smitten with the garment itself.

Bad. Did it look worse out of the picture?

Xan, I dig that skirt too. Did you find it? There's another Principles on the corner of Regent Street- where it and Oxford St meet, opposite French Connection. There's one in Debenham's too; the skirt you like wasn't there tonight. There was a 20% off offer at Debenham's today. I bought nothing, am I losing my shopping mojo? Noooooooooo.......

-Lily-   

^^^ooopsy daisy, I meant the Regent street one. I always get the ends of Oxford Circus confused.

The thing about Principles is that they advertise on their website before it hits the stores, very frustrating!

They had a nice caramel/brownish patterned skirt and I couldnt find it yet too. Oh well, few more days perhaps.

As for the ugliness of the Mango dress, I dont know if it was the designer or the colours, because surely the women did otherwise have a good sense of style. And yes, it looked like early 90s phrumpy granny wear, and worse yet , it was in the 'dressier' section of the store.

^oh shoot, there I was thinking I didn't know my shops and that there was hope for me yet!

The women must have been blinded by the name.

-Lily-   

LoL Sheh,

Hold on, I'm confusing it with Wallis as well, there is a big one in Marbel Arch...seems I need my stores georgraphy updated.

Debenhams wouldnt have it since its only a concession.

Malika   

I cant wait for the darn sun to shine,ditch trousers suits,skirts,boots,embrace maxi skirts and dresses,with little cardigans[cant show the hands,complex ,complex and also being modest]..

Feet and nails been pampered all winter,ready to be seen..I cant wait to put on sandals,toe rings...I love summer!!