Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Yeey and Gheedi have bigger plans

Rokko   

TFG's plans in the news lately

1. Army central command: Beledweyne, Hiiraan

2. Army Divisions: Galkaio, Jowhar, Hudur, and Buu'aale.

3. setup regional and city administrations.

4. Restart the country-wide school system.

All in the next couple of months while the warlords are busy arguing about Isbaarada la qaadi maayo iyo waa la qaadayaa. :D

At the end of the day, the Somali people will judge this goverment on what it does for the Somali people, the jobs it creates(army, teachers, civil servents), the schools it reopens na'mean. At the end of the day, the average Somali will not judge this new gov. by how many warlords rejected it na'mean.

Results. Yeey and Gheedi must vocus even more na'mean.

Gabbal   

If I can shoot Cabdulahi Yusuf for anything, it would be for destroying all our hopes! We disliked the man before for his actions, now we despise him for his inactions ! He has been a total and mind-blwoing failure without even lifting a finger! Acuudi bilaah was the surrender of the Puntland people in the hopes of appeasing his maniacle thirst for power that great? He has zero political finesse, which has led him to be riduculed, bested, and made into a laughing-stock by a few uneducated warlords! He has no foresight and is absaloutely backward and primitive for this modern period. War yaa meesha ka bixiyo before his emabarasses himself more and all the Dukes' in this world.

^^^ Horn Afrik loves talking. You hated the President from day one so everything he does is a failure. However what inaction, the man was supposed to undoe 14 years of civil war lawlessness and criminality in 9 months??? Damn you are smart. Has your JVA even managed to bring to order Kimsayu, a small city in 6 years???

Now lets look at it, President appointed a PM, smart choice. He has chosen to stay clear out of Mogadishu untill the armed forces, security are ready. He has kept all cabinet ministers except warlords, 5 including uncle Hiiraale[undecided].

He has the support of 160 MP's, so much for Sharif and the minority. He has overseen the smooth transfer of power in Puntland his power base.

He has managed to build relations with the Arab world, Mubarak, Salax and even Qadhafi.

He has kept his EGAD partners, Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya on board. His government has build solid relations with China....

On the domestic front Abdullahi has toured, Hiiraan, Middle Shabbele, Puntland and Bay all in 9 months, something great Abdiqsin, Ali Mahdi, and others could not do before..

The government has appointed a very popular governor of Banadir, it has huge support in Mogadishu, as seen by the visit of the PM to the capital.

Yes there has been setbacks, clan fighting continues in many parts of the country, we still have roadblocks in the capital and a battered nation. However all the steps taken by the President have been consistant as has Horn Afrik's silly criticism.

Has your JVA even managed to bring to order Kimsayu, a
small city
in 6 years???

Well, constent attacks from northeastern mahbars could be a cuase to the past chaos in Kismayo.

Now lets look at it, President appointed a PM, smart choice.

Yeah, I'm soo proud of the "smart choice" the president made WOW. But wait aren't all presidents even the one's with a small brain (like this one) supposed to appoint a PM/Vice-president :confused: I THINK SO

He has kept all cabinet ministers except warlords, 5 including uncle Hiiraale[undecided].

He has the support of 160 MP's,
so much for Sharif and the minority.

redface.gif Clearly in denial, does anyone have Dr.phil's number. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, even Opera will do.

The old man is not performing; he is thoughtlessly standing on the stage! As for the thugs in the south, they seem to have prepared for the upcoming conflict and, so far, outmaneuvered him politically. But alas, they’re sinking even deeper in the mud; the problem is not only they are immoral and wrongheaded but it’s the thinking of that they’re right. The words of Thomas Pain ring true: A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it the superficial appearance of being right!

Thierry.   

In terms of achievements I believe the president has had mixed results. On one hand like G Duke said his foreign policy has been very good he has managed to gain recognition and is working towards achieving full sovereignty, His instillation of Gedi as MP was a popular choice and in my opinion the right choice.

However where I feel the Premier failed in is his diplomacy with the ruling men in Mogadisho and establishment of good relations with Somaliland. Lets face it he wasn’t going to get the warmest welcomes from Mogadisho, but he shot himself in the foot by asking for foreign troops to disarm men in the parliament, the simple solution could have been to negotiate with them (however hard it maybe).

The Basic fact is that the President needs to be above the rest. He needs to be the father of a household, his command needs to be respected with full obedience, but for this to happen he needs to earn the respect of the warlords and all parties involved and you don’t gain this by doing endeavours such as asking foreign troops to disarms your own.

MD the end product will arrive after a system (machinery) that produces is established.

The Basic fact is that the President needs to be above the rest. He needs to be the father of a household, his command needs to be respected with full obedience, but for this to happen he needs to earn the respect of the warlords

kix kix kix For a second, I thought you were talking about Patrice Lumumba - the Father of the Congolese nation, the man who led his people to freedom. Or maybe Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana's shining star. But those wise words in respect to Col Yeey..?

What has Col Yeey done:

- Visit too many int'l capitals, while ignoring his own

- Create the biggest political chaos in Somalia in the post-1991 era (we're apparently more divided now than ever - even women MPs are fist-fighting)

- Land his 'commandos' in Beledweyne on their way to Jowhar as the President's Special Guard

- Dwindle down the support of Oct. 10 faster than GW Bush's ratings in the last 4 months!

So far, HORN is right: the guy is hated because of his inaction. I don't know whether or not Col Yeey's action is a good thing, but the inaction makes him look pathetic and upgrades the status of Xamar's warlords - although they have yet to solve the issue of roadblocks (step 1) in Xamar. He seems like a weakling - something I couldn't have said about him before Oct. 10, 2004. A leader must take charge - Mohamed Dheere is the firebrand that's taking charge in southern Somalia politics, not Col Yeey.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Early days yet, so far sadly disappointing, but we wait.

Sadly we have no other choice sis.

GENERAL DUKE-

As always you sxb you do great injustice to our intelligence. Stop speaking like a puppet every few seconds and actually see the situation for what it is (though I do get the hint you're in a perpetual state of denial :rolleyes: ).

You hated the President from day one so everything he does is a failure.

..and I never pretended to like him, though I was willing to give him a chance as president of the Somali Republic. Why? Because I believe, as does any sane Somali (what few that's left of them) that this business is much more complicated and intricate then just a single man! However, the man has shown us early in the game just how wrong he is for the important position he was bestowed upon.

Raganimadi maydhay? Geesinimadi maydhay? Caqligi meeye? Xil-qabatkii meeye? Dagaal yahanki meeye?

He sat like a cornered cat protected by an ajnabi president and an ajnabi security apparatus all the while tramping on our, almost fanatical, hopes for a reprieve from what we have been witnessing for a decade-and-a-half.

However all the steps taken by the President have been consistant as has Horn Afrik's silly criticism.

Ku Cayni maayo laakiin waxaa kugu dhihi lahaa waxa signature ii ah:

Baah Qaah. Baaq Qaaq. Baac Qaac. Baab Qaab. Baaw Qaaw.

Horn, I hope you was not offended however you seem to lose the plot at times. Like I stated earlier how does a government with no money, no capital, institutions and army change a 15 year dilema overnight???

It seesm you want results to just happen. However this government has made some good steps. Avoiding Mogadishu is and has been a great move, Mogadishu is dangerous place to govern. The wors that can happen is a pitched battle resulting in the deaths of many innocent Somali's. What would this achieve and what would some like you, Juma, Rahima and even Wind say... "Oh what did we expect from Abdullahi Yusuf". Yet Yusuf/Geedi have avoided this, they have not reacted to provocation such as what took place in Badoa. The invasion of Puntland/Ethiopia has not materialised, the government has focused on building up its strength and not meeting the demand of every warlord and rabid media. Mogadishu, Mogadishu they say and send their millitias to Hobyo, Baidoa and so on.

Another point that gives me confidence is look at what Shariff Xasan/Qaynyare, Ato, Suudi and co have achieved in Xamar. What difference would Geedi/Yuusf and co have done if they like the above just rushed in? Nothing because statements, orders and interviews dont matter if you dont have the institutions and funds to exert your authority.

Yet there is no rationalising or even reasoning with you. For you take a narrow point of view. Whis is Abdullahi I dont like therefore everything he does will fail. Alas thats not how the world works dear boy...

Pig   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Like I stated earlier how does a government with no money, no capital, institutions and army change a 15 year dilema overnight???

fundamental q.

Rahima   

What would this achieve and what would some like you, Juma, Rahima and even Wind say... "Oh what did we expect from Abdullahi Yusuf".

General you my brother (and i hope you are not offended by this) are blinded by this obsession you have for CY and it is sadly you who is not seeing the reality here. Don’t think that patting the government on the back for every inaction they make is doing them any good. As an individual, he who is best to you is one who tells you of your shortcomings and gives constructive criticism. Often on this board, we all criticize one another (from my direction most often to get a comedic reaction from some who are over-emotional), but at the end of the day one needs to address the issues raised by that individual in a serious discussion rather than attacking their motives or feelings to our president. Don’t make it seem like it is a revelation when you point out that the likes of HA, Juma, Wind and I do not like the old man-shidh I don’t think many do aside from perhaps you -but we have all acknowledged boqol jeer (which you conveniently want to overlook) this is not about good old adeer, rather the Somali nation. When you make claims (and I do believe I have said this to you before) that one is anti-government in essence you are equating them to nothing but pure evil (at least that is how I see it). We all want this government to succeed and by pointing out their shortcomings I believe that we are doing it more of a service than the likes of you who would continue to praise them even into the pits of failure.

Sometimes I wonder along what lines you reason. If I want something to succeed I take on a very critical approach, least of all for example the youth projects I often take on board. I will not accept half-hearted attempts; I expect the best of the best. Sure we need to praise every so often (to keep the morale up), but kicking them in the butt also is a great booster. I perform better when someone points out my downfalls rather then praising me day in day out even though I am performing badly.

The other thing is, we have a right to our opinions and as Somalis expect the best of the best in light of the situation (which you have mentioned, and yes we know). Instead of running off to different countries all the time, why does not our president get home, make a base for himself (even if not Mogadishu for the time being), roll up his sleeves, get his head down and start working. So far, and I say this in all fairness, I have not seen anything. I have seen a bunch of ****** embarrass us on the world stage by clobbering each other like cave men (which is a reflection on the leader), our president proving his slave-master relationship with Ethiopia, the loss of unity between the government and really the best example of inaction.

I realize you love to doubt our intentions, but regardless of what you think, there are those of us who are sincere, not swayed by tribal loyalties and really just want a functioning government so that we can return home and take our part in the construction of the homeland we love so much, hence when I see things heading towards this road I naturally get ticked off. All it takes is for this government to appeal to the general populace, provide them with basic necessities required (education, health, housing, sanitation etc) and play the PR card right (they need the code used by Ikhwaan-al-Muslimiin). The other issue is, this government needs to be impartial to all the tribal wars- for them to of have even had any involvement (right or wrong) in the Baidoa debacle was embarrassing and very bad publicity. They need to distance themselves from this. They need to make the people of Mogadishu feel like they are important to the equation and not distance them because of some bloodsucking warlords who don’t care about them anyway (which is why this government needs to take visible steps in the relocation to the capital). Mogadishu is not a joke, it is not a small town, it is the capital (with more inhabitants than all other cities and towns-win the PR was in Mogadishu and you’ve nipped it in the bag). All of these things (plus many more I’m sure others could add) will alleviate the problems and in no time I believe all will fall into place. I look at Beirut/Lebanon and I have hope! All it takes is for the government to address the important issues and create a sense of pride and unity in the people.

Basically, patting the president’s ego (even though he most probably has no idea about your zealous loyalty) is not doing our country good. Sincerity is when one tells it like it is, say what is wrong in the hope that it shall be fixed. This is the litmus between the tribalists (who want this to fail regardless-as they did with C/qaasim and funnily enough many are the most zealous supporters of CY now or they did the same to C/qaasim) and those who care. Keep this in mind for the future.