Sign in to follow this  
Biixi

Intellectually Challenged Union in pictures

Dhubad.   

^The following are the most common name of Somalis: Abdullahi, Abdirahman, Abdirisaq, Mohamed , Ahmed, Abulqadir.

According to Hadith, the most beloved of human names to Allah is Abdullahi (aw kamaa qaala rasuulullahi ASW)

Also there is another Hadith in which the prophet (ASW) has said we should name our children with good names.

Arabic is the language of the quran and it is the language of the paradise..........every Muslim should learn Arabic!

I think the point some protagonists are making is: the wholesale adoption of ALL things arabic in place of all things Somali. Not the myopic Arabic names or Hijab issue some are harping on. For example, it's fashionable now days among Somali shop owners to give their shops Arabic names.

me   

These people are in a state of war all the time. Look its simple, I am of the opinion that an all out adoption of arab culture is wrong! We are Somalis, yes we are muslim and we should adhere to our ismalic faith. But we should not be dumping our culture and pretending to be arabs.

People like this make me very pissed of and thats why I get very annoyed with these people. Mock my words but this whole arabism will end up badly in Somalia and with that I am afraid that some will take it too far and even attack Islam itself. We are Somalis, leave our culture alone!

Mr. Red Sea my hometown boy listen read what I write, do not make assumptions. I am for Islam and Islamic codes and Islam is a a part of our culture but islam alone does not define us.

If you guys try to impose arabic values on us, it will be the end of exercise for you. In my opinion either you don't know better or you are ashamed to be Somalis, both way you are misguided.

me   

Dhubad the Somali language is the language of the Somalis and every Somali should learn Somali. If they also learn Arabic, its great, but Somali is our language.

If you guys do not stop using religion for every argument, you will be driving allot of good muslims away. If you use religion to justify everything for your agenda then that will be the end of Islam in Somalia. Trust me on this, the ICU, its supporters and all other sympethisers should be careful in how they use the religion, if you use religion for the promotion of your political ideology then you might harm islam then do anything good for the people.

I am afraid that these misguided people make a Arabic based Somali script or even worse make Arabic the first language of Somalia. God save the Somalis!

ME, you are right in most of your argument, though I disagree in the part that Arabic is an important part of our culture and language, our contact with the Arba world has been long and fruitful. Though I agree with the central improtance of our Somali language.

Why the argument? we are a Muslim nation, we have a great languae and we are part of the Arab world...

I would tell this "me" person..ku hadal afka soomaaliga horta hore' i can scream Westernization anytime you speak english - but that would be on my part nonsense!

KEYNAN22   

Asxabul_Khaf

Education is fine' but when the wrong type of filth is tought to the ignorant (The one who doesnt know allah/quran) it becomes deadly in this life and the here after.

I'm quite certain that thousand and thousand of educated and great minds who have contributed greatly to human development on all sectors have not read the quran, are you saying that these people are ignorant "in this life" and their contribution is "deadly"? And are you supposedly more knowledgable than them just because you read the Quran?

kafiroon/munaafiquun are known for.

You call people who dont submit to your beliefs and have other faith "Kafiroon/munaafiquun" yet you live in their countries, enjoy their societies with relative high living standards, use their resources etc, and when they offered you shelter from the shambles of somalia your thanx is by calling them kaffir? Seriously why do you live in a kaffir country, the world is big enough, yemen, bangladesh,pakistan KSA, iran all are non kafir countries outside somalia what stopped you from going their? its quite obvious you enjoy living among kaffir otherwise you wouldnt cross ocean and endure all the difficulties and all proces it took you to live there. of all people in the world the worst of the worst that i hate are hypocrits who try to lecture others as if they're above them and dont notice how transparent they are.

me:

These people are in a state of war all the time. Look its simple, I am of the opinion that an all out adoption of arab culture is wrong! We are Somalis, yes we are muslim and we should adhere to our ismalic faith. But we should not be dumping our culture and pretending to be arabs.

Well said sis, this people even make the arabs themselves embarassed, why would anyone want their culture to be associated with these warlods turned waadaad. Islam is one thing and Arabic culture is something else, but these guys cant see the difference.

garoonkamuqdisho17.jpg

Why is this man dressed as a saudi arabian sheik, i have seen alot more of these clothes in pics from moqdishu recently. Pakistanis, Egyptians, lybians, marrocans, iranians, algerians, sudanese, indoneseans even iraqis palestinians, never would dress like this. NOn of them dress like this its only the gulf arab culture, everyone else have their own cultural muslim clothes, this is pathetic, I bet even the saudis are laughing and seeing them as confused. No need to dress as a saudi sheik to show you are a good muslim.

Dhubad.   

^So how shall we dress? let's see:

Suit and Tie = that makes us look like westerners

Khamiis iyo cimaamad = That makes us look like Arabs

Shaati iyo macawis = That makes us look like Indonesians

Lamo good = That makes us Soomaali

So Which category do u fall in my friend?

KEYNAN22   

shariifka_oo_soowareegaya.jpg

This looks more natural, especially sheik ahmed sharif's clothing.

and macawis and shati looks thousands times natural on somalis, than that saudi sheik looking new trend in Moqdishu, nothing indonesian about macaawis.

Naden   

Originally posted by KEYNAN22:

why would anyone want their culture to be associated with these warlods turned waadaad. Islam is one thing and Arabic culture is something else, but these guys cant see the difference.

I agree. But I also think Arabic culture is inextricably linked to Islam and not through language alone. Unfortunately, the peripheral issues of dress have been taken up in lieu of the core issues of justice in Islam. What we see in many Arab channels and papers are long-winded editorials on dress and not a word on the thousands of political prisoners among other deep and serious injustice hurled at the masses. If we're going to be Arab, might as well throw on the white dress, carry the palestinian shawl and get to business.

About these courts, I think they did well for the people in Muqdishu. We Somalis sat the on fence while the 21 year regime shed blood, and then suffered under warlords for 16 bitter years. These beard-growing gentleman should get more than a few weeks to show their intent. We already suspect most of the TFG members are yearning for their share of Somali blood. If history is any indication, greed and power will reign and whomever gains control of Somalis long-term will cannibalize them sooner or later.

Originally posted by Dhubad:

Odaygaan tiisa aa haysato ee dhibka muu nagadaayo?

Is old man Yey suffering from a neuromotor illness like Parkinson's? I saw a clip of an interview on the BBC and he was shaking uncontrollably. Had me a little puzzled.

Salaan...

Dadkaan qaarkood maalintee awoowyaasheen diinta suubban ee Islaamka qaadaneyeen hadee joogi lahayeen, maalintaas ayaa Soomaalinimadooda ugu dambeyn lahayd ka waran! Yaa ogaado isla maalintaas ayee la bixi lahayeen 'abuu carab' mise 'umm carabic' oo Soomaali la iska iloowi lahaa ka warama? :D

Magacyadeena hodanka ah sida Guuleed ama Liibaan ama Ayaan ama Idil ama Qamaan ama Qani sooma gaareen maanta hadee dadkaan waagaas joogi lahayeen. Maanta dhamaanteen sida magacyada cusub maanta isdabayaacaayo camal ayaa wada wadan lahayn, sida Ummayma ama Imtihaar am Imtisaar ama...Buraanbur ma jiri lahayn. Shirib iska dhaaf. Saarba iska iloow. Shiisha ayaa la cabi lahaa maanta, sideyba kuwa Soomaalida Carab dabanaageyska kamid ah sameyaan maanta.

Awoowyaasheen Eebbe haka abaal mariyee wey garteen waxa dadka maanta isyaacaayo kala garan waayeen inay kala saaraan wixii Carab dhex wadato oo diinta lagu qaldin iyo waxii diinta Islaamka saxda ah oo fareyso. Afkooda ayee reebteen, dhaqankooda ayee reebteen, hidahooda ayee reebteen, caadadooda ayee reebteen; la'aantood maanta waxba ma dhaami lahayn Waqooyiga Afrika, sida ku dhacday Tuniisiya, Marooko iyo Liibiya ama Algeeriya ama Masar.

Ninkaas sawirka ku masawiran qamiis Bakistaaniga shaatiga dheer wato taloow diinta inay kamid tahay muu mooday mise jaahilnimo ayaa ugu geysatay?

Bakistaani hoosgundi Soomaali wato oo naga deensaday waligiin ma aragtay? Reer Banga oo iskugu dhaw yihiin xataa hoosguntidooda kama qaataan dhaqan ahaan xataa.

Ar maxaa lagu kala wareeray dhaqan Carbeed ama mid shisheeye kale iyo diinta Islaamka.

Ar maxaa la wareeray.

Ku dhawaad ama ka badan kun sane ayee Soomaalida diinta Islaam heysatay, waxaan maanta isdaba ordaayana ma arkin ka ahayn dagaalada ka bacdi, marka taloow dagaalada ka bacdi miyee diintaan cusub iyo caadadeeda soo baxday, oo tii waalidiinteena heysteen diin kale ahayd?

Dadkaan qaarkood maalintee awoowyaasheen diinta suubban ee Islaamka qaadaneyeen hadee joogi lahayeen, maalintaas ayaa Soomaalinimadooda ugu dambeyn lahayd ka waran! Yaa ogaado isla maalintaas ayee la bixi lahayeen 'abuu carab' mise 'umm carabic' oo Soomaali la iska iloowi lahaa ka warama?

Miskiino, dad ba awooweyashod carab ahayeen oo magacyaasha Ahmed Abdirixman Ismaciil iyo Ibrahim heysteen.

Magacyasha cushitickah neh waxaa boqolki iyo boqolkiba ka ficaan kuwa nabiyadi iyo kuwa illahay (abdi-something).

me   

OMG, that lie is backfiring again. Somalis are NOT ARAB, we have never been Arab. We have NO Arab ancestors. We are Africans; our closest relatives in Africa are the Oromo and the Afar. We are close to them, culturally, linguistically and even blood related, we have always intermarried with them. Even today all Somali clans have small Oromo or Afar minorities that we have adopted and incorporated in our clan lineages.

Please make a difference between Arabism and Islam. Arabism is what destroyed Egyptian culture, Arabism is what destroyed the Cultures of Northern Sudan, Arabism is what is allowing Darfur's black Muslims to be killed like pigs. Arabism is why blacks in Arabia are treated with disrespect. Arabism is what made the Buddha’s of Afghanistan to be blown up while all the other idol worshipping places in Arabia are intact and are ‘historical’ places.

Sometimes it is not about Islam alone but it’s about spreading Arabism.

Arabism is what is causing frictions between the Berbers of North Africa and the Arabs. The Berbers are threaded like second class citizens in their own ancestral homelands.

It was the Berbers who conquered Southern Spain no Arab was ever that brave Tariq ibn-Ziyad was a Berber and when he conquered we know that the Ummayad ruler of the area made Tariq bow so that he could step on his head show how he was superior to Tariq. Berbers conquered it; the Arabs claimed it and lost it again.

Today the Arabs do not care about Palestine, there are 300 million of them in 20 countries and they all have oil and money. Why can they not show any solidarity with their Palestinian brothers? Iraqi brothers? Lebanese brothers? Why? It is not that they can’t do anything; it is because they don’t care. The apologists will say ‘oooohhh it’s the governments that are corrupt, but the people are good’ cut the crap!

It is also the Saudi’s who are denying Somalis to go to Hajj this year. What is Islamic about denying Muslims the right to go to Hajj?

It is not about Islam, with these people it is about Arabism and their cultural imperialism. The real Arabs are from Yemen, the rest are conquered people. Palestinians are not Arabs, just like the Syrians, Lebanese, Egyptians and actually the rest of them.

In no way or form am I denying the good work that the ICU has done, but I hope that they do better by respecting our culture and preserving our heritage, if they do not grow up soon, it will be the end of them.

Keynan22: I am a guy.

Pure-Blood: Explain how are Cushitic names worse then Arabic names?

Dhubad: people like you have never experienced Somali culture or do not even know what I am talking about. Please go and find out what it is to be Somali. We have been in contact with these Arabs for thousand of years and we have always kept our culture even when we had converted to Islam. We were one of the first nations to convert to Islam. So Islam was never the issue and is not the Issue, our culture is the issue.

I don’t care about these people, if these wadaads do not respect our values, we are gonna have to delete them too and with them their sympathizers too, Muslim or No Muslim, My Somali identity is bigger then all this.

Asxabul_kahf- Ignorance is bliss eehhh?

I always knew this and it will happen soon, if these guys win. The next Somali war will be the Islamists versus the Nationalists/traditionalists. Today allot of Nationalists/traditionalits are supporting the ICU because they are the only real alternative to this mess, but soon the ICU tself will become the problem.

Pure blood- I thought you was a pure blood Somali? or are you a pure blood arab smile.gif , yes there are people with Arabian ancestors, but they are a small small small minorities. Most of us are Cushtic Africans.