Sign in to follow this  
Biixi

Intellectually Challenged Union in pictures

first they evicted the bloodsucking warlords

then they destroyed the 16 yr old roadblocks

Less extortion

There are far fewer check-points, where gunmen used to extort money from passing motorists and commercial vehicles.

The UIC gunmen do operate road blocks but they do not demand payment from civilians.

As a result food prices have dropped.

One kilogramme of rice used to cost 9,500 Somali shillings (65 US cents) but the price is now 3,500 shillings.

Camel meat has also fallen from 30,000 shillings per kilo, to 22,000.

"We no longer hire security militia for our commodities and we don't pay militia check-points - that is why the goods are still at their normal prices," said businessman Abdikarin Abukar Fodare.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5168008.stm

it's funny how politicians always promise change but never deliver

UIC promised and it delivered direct changes

and people benefit from it

then.....

MOGADISHU, Somalia, June 17 -- Sometimes, the women here said, it began with a knock on the door after dark or with a kidnapping in broad daylight. And sometimes, the gunmen who ruled this city would use a long, sharp knife to slice open the tin shacks of poor families and snatch their daughters away.

The girls would return -- if they returned -- in the morning, sobbing and marked permanently as castoffs in a traditional Islamic society that demands virginity at marriage.

"Four-year-old girls, 5-year-old girls were raped," said Anab Mohamed ***** , 35, a solemn, long-faced widow who has two girls among her five children. "I was scared for my daughters."

An epidemic of sexual violence during 15 years of lawlessness in Somalia was among the factors that strengthened opposition to this city's notorious warlords, residents said.
The Islamic militias who drove them out in months of recent fighting were embraced as keepers of public order, as a force strong enough and pious enough to keep Mogadishu's daughters safe

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/17/AR2006061700848.html

i don't give a bleep what clothes my sisters are wearing as long as they are safe i have no problems with it

you hear that 4 yr olds and 5 yrs olds :mad: just thinking about it makes me sick

i have a sister who's 7 and if i lived in mogadishu today

i would skip 20 world cups as long as i can live in a safe enviroment where i don't have to fear dirty perverts doing her harm

the UIC was able to create that in mogadishu

something the U.S U.N AU,ABCDEFG bla bla bla and 2344 failed interim governments of the past were unable to achieve in 16 yrs

UIC did it in 3 months and some in the diaspora still complain

they asked the remaining warlords to give up in a peacefull manner without bloodshed but those myopic beings with their popstar mentality refused

leaving the UIC with no choice but to use force

so they cleaned mogadishu from it's remaining warlords

the UIC also created a safer business climate

piracy is down

3 months ago they were calling it a international crisis and every news channel was reporting it now they don't even comment on the positive change

business have started their own coast guards that patrol somali waters

with pirates loosing their biggest powerbase a.k.a warlords and the instability of mogadishu they are afraid to attack ships

After the islamic take over the people are experiencing a booming business with no roadblocks or militia's everything is going smooth

The stabilisation of Mogadishu after Islamist leaders ousted US-backed warlords has dealt a blow to pirates and given a boost to business in the Horn of Africa nation, a prominent Somali businessman said.

"We never had business like this before," Abdulkadir Nur, who manages the strategic El Maan port just north of the Somali capital, said as six ships from Dubai unloaded wood, sugar and cooking oil on the beach behind him.

A bustling, natural port with 10,000 workers and an annual discharge of some 300,000 tonnes of food, El Maan’s facilities are an object lesson in Somali ingenuity. A single, floating pipe offloads oil from a tanker just a few hundred metres offshore. Further down the beach, barges bulging with wood, sacks of sugar, and cooking oil containers ferry backwards and forwards from waiting ships.

Source: Reuters, June 18, 2006

somalis are prospering under the new one body rule

the UIC continues to seek dialogue with the TFG and avoid more bloodshed even when it's turned down

the mogadishu port is back for business after a decade of misuse

shariifka_oo_soowareegaya.jpg

the mogadishu airport is back for commercial flights after 11 yrs

garoonkamuqdisho19.jpg

garoonkamuqdisho17.jpg

all in all i support the UIC for the positive changes they have created in such a small time

the fact that they put fear in meles the donkey makes me very happy

i hope they get rid of mr white eyes and continue to avoid bloodshed and seek dialogue and change some of the punishment methods like public stabbings or stoning

the statement of shariff of giving people back their properties is something i really hope becomes a reality

and the new team that will deal with the sanitation and hygiene of mogadishu's long neglected streets makes my support for UIC even bigger

insha-allah they will succeed!

Biixi   

There were no "Anti-Islamic" comments made in my 1st and following posts, so I don't understand why you (SOL) deleted my 1st post. Tell me how these pics are Anti-Islamic

albayaan3.jpg

hotelmuqdisho6.jpg

shfaaraxcalixuseen.jpg

hubwareejinmuse4.jpg

qisaas2.jpg

N.O.R.F   

Caano Geel

I'm not sure exactly what your getting at saxib. Are you talking of the hijaab? Dress code etc? Making it compulsory? The wider Sharica Laws?

Libaax saaxiib, i understand your predicement, but i have to say i didnt see what was specifically 'anti-islamic' about biixi's post.

Certainly it was against the grain and expressed a strong viewpoint but it did not refer to religion - but a political / idealogical expression. The antethesis of which is presented by members of this forum in a countless number of other posts.

The point is that by deleting that post, your setting a precedence that may be too high to maintain - specifically 'we disagree with you, so it goes'. Having had the oppotunity to hear thoughts first hand, i know they do not correspond to such a possition.

In effect this will mean that we either pick one 'officially sanctioned' veiwpoint and remove anything which deviates from it. Or act to mediate in effect becoming refrees and silence anything that is not the 'middle ground'

Either way we would sadly be crushing a valuable opportunity to enable peepz to learn of each other thoughs, to expand their horizons and engade in debate, as well as undermining what is in effect a great 'public service' that the forum offers.

^ norf,

i was agreeing with you on the 'Arabism'. And saying that i agreed with criteque of social customs - i dont imagine that there is any other way in which we could learn to about the merit of our own values.

Juje   

By asking your women to wear Xijaab and marrying and divorcing other women of weaker tribe on monthly basis is not Islam.

By using the Sharia to protect your kinsmen and implying on those who hail from weaker and unarmed clan is not Islam.

By waking up from a property that is not yours and declaring to go and free other illegelly held properties is not Islam.

Ikhayarey camal xumada iska dhafa , qofki seef la bodayasha wax ka sheega ma aha in uu dintey ka baxay ama wax ka sheegey, se camal yaqey.

Waba yabey, kalaya idinka dinta hada mey idin so gartey, maxaakaminta ka hor diin ma aqoniina miya. Dadkan biniadan waaye sidina oo kale geef waa galeen wana galidoon. hadey kaga macdahey wala dhalila, mahiin in marki wax laga sheego aad tirahdiin dinta ala cayay.

Airaboor aa la furey, furda aa la furey, Xamar nabad waaye, Ok very good, ma xuma. lakiin waxan is wereysaneyna marki gabdhihini shaan shaan la gursado oo welina aan laga so donin , marki maxkamaad lagu so saro dembi adan gelin , xukuna lagugu ofsho si lo cadeyo in meha xukun ka jiro. Markas aan is wereysaneyna, inti ka horeysa sacabka no tuma.

I can't believe they deleted the post. Some members here remind me of medieval book burners. Really, step out of the jungle people. Just because you don't what some one has to say, you have to call for delation of their post. Whats the piont of discussion if not to here and , and just maybe, to undestand some one elses piont of veiw? Some have said that what was depicted was islamic. Others, trying to defind biixi, said that they are cultural. I disagree with both arguements. The veil and jalabiib is neither in somali culture or religion. Traditional clothing for woman included the diric, guntiino and the toobe. is it not unislamic to drag in mud, dirty streets and god knows what else? The veil come from wealthy christian woman from Constantinople. as for the staping fo the man, just like jalabiib, new and radical interpatation of islam.

ElPunto   

^Whether hijab or jalaabiib is compulsory or part of Islam is a debate for another thread. I think there was one anti-Islamic reference in the original post - that referring to 'ninjas' etc. That should be deleted and correctly so. The rest was fine.

i cannot beleive some people have the nerve to defend the nature and tone of the orginal post. Is not the picture that were offensive but rather the narrative attached to the pictures.

This person was looking for a reaction and inciting others rather than expersing a view point and sadly you guys have offered him/her just that reaction.

Many a people have made comments in this site expressing their unease with some Islamic ways, but such points were always experessed in a reasonable methos rather the insulting nature of this post.

Sometimes when i see the munaafaqnimada of some people out here, it is just how allah described it in the quran. Calling the deen backward, calling the islam -arabism (how idiotic' do you know the original culture of the arabs before islam-" If you are not adhering to the quran and sunnah please dont criticize it' but then again that is what the quran says that you would do. "samicnaa wa adacnaa" to the ayats in the quran and the hadith of the prophet s.c.w...i guess you call it blind following' well go ahead and follow your hawaa' and we will see where it gets you. Some people act like intelectuals but they dont use their brain and critically ask themselves what they are doing, they always try to defend their desires and temptations. I call intelectual some one who is using their brain someone who knows his limits and that allah is who teaches man what he did not know. It is not your brain or others that actually contain real ilm, you seek ilm by the one source that tought everyone and that is allah' so go back to the quran before you open up another karl marx book.

Education is fine' but when the wrong type of filth is tought to the ignorant (The one who doesnt know allah/quran) it becomes deadly in this life and the here after. may allah guide us in the st8 path the path of those who took the siratul mustaqiin. the nabiyeen' sidiqeen' shuhadaa wa salixiin. amin.

me   

Asxabul_kahf The ignorance is all yours and the ones that are stopping us from having an open discussion. Sometimes the censoring can go out of control.

Arabism is not Islam and we should seperate the two. We are Somalis and we are muslims. So this whole Arabization is wrong. First they started with our names, with 98% of all Somali names being Arabic ones and most of those names are not even Islamic, just Arab. Now they want to change our dresscode and our Somali script. Soon the only language at schools will be Arabic. We should resist these Pro-Arab fanatics. The ICU should distance itself from this Arabism. The ICU should stay a Somali-Islamic organization.

^^^^^ Waxaad ku hadleysid ma soomaali baa?

Mise waad jeclaan laheyd hadii la dhihi lahaa iskuulada oo idil ingiriis bay ku hadlaanoo waxaa la keenay in habrihii loo bilaabo ESL.

ilaahay ka cabsada' oo waxaan nigama aha soomaali jaceyl oo waa diin naceyb. ingriiska waad jeceshihiin inaad ku hadashaan...laakiin maalintii carabi la soo hadal qaado waa is gaduudinaysaan. ala munaafaqsanaa!

war hooy i dhageyso' diinta islaamka ilaahay ayaa u doortay in ay af carabi ku soo dagto' carabiga waa uun af ka mid ah ilaahay afafka uu dadka baray' soomali ilaahaa naga dhigay ayagana carab ka dhigay. Af walba ilaahaa leh hadaad wax garad tahay. Ee joojiya quraafaadkaa dadka aad ku shubeysaan.

Hadaad af shisheeya ka soo hor jeedaan maad ingiriiska iska deysaan????

So stop the nonsense and twisting of words and ideas' and fear allah.

Making someone guilty before they get their chance to show their innocence that is how the kafiroon/munaafiquun are known for.

May allah guide all those who are lost!

I am innocent so prove me guilty....

RedSea   

Originally posted by me:

Asxabul_kahf The ignorance is all yours and the ones that are stopping us from having an open discussion. Sometimes the censoring can go out of control.

Arabism is not Islam and we should seperate the two. We are Somalis and we are muslims. So this whole Arabization is wrong. First they started with our names, with 98% of all Somali names being Arabic ones and most of those names are not even Islamic, just Arab. Now they want to change our dresscode and our Somali script. Soon the only language at schools will be Arabic. We should resist these Pro-Arab fanatics. The ICU should distance itself from this Arabism. The ICU should stay a Somali-Islamic organization.

What? are you serious there my hometown boy? Our culture is Islam, our language is Somali but the language of our holy script, the Quran is Arabic. Our names are those of our noble prophets and companions, a change for the better is good.So don't fall or take the side of the arogant ones walaal. We can be Somalis, but our beloved Prophet was an Arab, therefore, it's our best behaviour if we behave like he did and dress like he did. Make sure you don't listen to the misguided ones fadlan inaadeer.

Assalamu calaykum.