Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

SOL declares Abdullahi Yusuf the winner.

Dhubad.   

Cajiib, Do you see how the most people who posted in this thread were supporting him and had high hopes in him until he started opening his mouth....!

Balaa kadhacday.

Fabregas   

I supported him when he was elected, as did many other Somalis. But i remeber raising the issue of him playing the "terror line" in Somalia with a relative.

He and his (one time government come Gang)had their chance and the potential to win over the population but failed. This would have been a big enough inditment, their collective refusal to act sincerely in reconciling the people by power-sharing with the UIC, and allowing ethopia and US both with the own respective and destructive agenda's to intervine so decisively in Somalia means that he should in the future face inditments for war crimes.

Som@li   

Yey has to do alot to win people's heart!

JC, I am off today, and was searching some old articles,but i havent found what i was looking for! maybe they dont archive all files.

Castro   

Oh how terribly things turned out. Yey was nothing but a puppet then and it didn't take him long to show his true colors.

What's surprising about this thread is that some who displayed the most irrational exuberance over the war criminal yeey, continue to do so to this day. This, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

I believe I can fly. LOL.

Xoogsade   

This is what I wrote:

Xoogsade

Nomad

Member: 4355

posted October 24, 2004 11:18 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does an online opinion matter except to show where one stands on the issues?

I think people who support Abdullahi Yusuf for tribal reasons are as corrupted and bigotted as those who oppose him for the same reason. Such people/groups are the ones who spoil for the rest, one group among them making a national issue private tribal business while their counterparts are simply objecting to the common good based on the same principles others are basing their support on. Both are personalizing something not personal.

We should let Somalis back home decide what they want while we hold on to our opinions for a later occassion when appropriate. If you are bitter about Abdullahi yusuf, Waa la doogiye yaan la dacaroon many don't like him but want to use him as the stepping stone for a better future. The alternative might have been the same or worse anyway. Actually more hopeless if it came to resolving certain issues. So Abdullahi Yusuf might have a better leverage in resolving certain issues.

I think Abdullahi Yusuf cares about and is more eager to make this work than anyone else. If he can avoid the futility of taking on islam, he has a chance to succeed. So let us wait and see. What is there to fear? Things are very personal and tribal in Somalia, and a government better walk on a fine line before things dwindle down to "Give me liberty or give me death". That is how it will be in the country if people become dissatisfied with the government and its corrupt policies. Marka, for those who can't wait and don't have the patience, let things play out and hope for the best. Stop objecting for the sake of objection or you don't like someone. Think about your relatives in XAMAR who dealt with the most violence in the last fourteen years. Sidaan maslaxad iney ugu jirtaa laga yaabaaye, hold on to your criticism for a while and see how it works. Let us hope the new government makes the right decisions in the best interest of Somalis.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=002408#000014

Xoogsade   

LOL@baashi, neutrality makes sense :D:D:D

I am surprised at how gullible I was in thinking A/Y cared about anything. Little I knew he would massacre kids and women, and call them terrorists so the Xabashis can rape them. How wrong I was man. Love of good things for troubled reer Muqdisho made me think at the time, he was indeed the one who would unite them against the warlords and liberate them.

All I can say is, I was corrupt in trusting such dhurwaa ignoble.

Paragon   

^^We simply wanted to see peaceful Somalia but not Ethiopian occupied Somalia.

But his days are up and he's going down.