Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

To cook or not to cook?

Sophist   

Gediid! you are imposing your own reality upon sisters!. Trust me there are some who would shame the coocking skils of Nigela Lawson (Get that book Nigela Bites; good thing to have)-- Some of them are here! it would be waste to go to the Ivy when you can a sister coocked meal!!! smile.gif

Iffah   

Gedid, Puhleese. Just because you're bored with bariis & baasto doesn't mean you have take your frustrations out on us. :rolleyes:

Gediid   

Originally posted by ILHAAM:

Gedid, Puhleese. Just because you're bored with bariis & baasto doesn't mean you have take your frustrations out on us. :rolleyes:

Ilhaam dont you think its about time you guys became a lil more inventive and try experimenting in the kitchen....I'm sure there is a million variations out there but am only asking you try a few.

Iffah   

^^ What makes you think we're not doing that already? There's more to Somali food then Bariis and Baasto ya know.

Gediid. Bariis and Pasto u say? Well why dont we list all the different food you enjoy? Shall we?

- Pasto

- Bariis

-canjeero

-soor

-uh...................well. digir? Opps! lol

your right.

x_quizit   

Gediid...here's a novel idea...how about you get into the kitchen and experiment by cooking yourself any dish you'd like? Ohh....the horror.... :eek:

I know...a man such as you does not lower himself to the apron haven, but would rather be the king each day served the meal of his choosing...

Pls, dont whine about what is cooked for you, you're lucky that someone is even providing you with food, personally, id give you a map to the kitchen and tell u, break a leg..literally... ;)

I'm a firm believer that cooking is a skill that both gender needs to know, whether for their own good or for the good of their family and shouldn't rest solely upon one shoulder.

p.s.-qac u single? smile.gif ..j/k

Peace

Gediid   

Ilhaam

I'm still waiting to be proven wrong walaalo,till then bariis and baasto it is

Shabeele

Digir ku lahaa ,I hated it when I was young and still hate it..... :(

X-Qiuzit

What makes you think I dont make my own stuff right now but the way things are going I think I will continue wearing that apron once I settle down cuz Mali women arent doing it any justice.... icon_razz.gif

Baashi   

Bambina,

To cook or not to cook? Is that the question? If you get time to spare, by all means, do cook and learn all the culinary skills you can master. By doing that, you are not only enhancing your profiles but you are also helping your mom and I’m sure she needs all the help she can get.

If you are the kind of girl who wants to please her lovely husband by doing all the right stuff true ladies do to make him feel home, then you would not object fixing the hot dish (that unique recipe the good old lady taught you how to do) for him. I’m sure he will reciprocate your love and care by showing the appreciation his own unique way. Gentlemen don’t mind fixing a dish for their wife or kids if they know how or if they have time for it. What they do mind is the competition, dhabiisha, and all other unnecessary *****ing right in their own home after a long day of work with a long frustrated traffic jam.

In an era of microwaves, fridges, dishwashers, and other electronic appliances, it shouldn’t be that hard to cook for someone you love with all your heart - that is if you are at home while he is out working his butt off to make the ends meet.

Darling, plz listen mom and if you can learn few especial dishes from her save no effort to master it. It will come handy later when you meet that special man who has an eye for a true lady who has the full package.

Macalin   

Gediid Lol..

Waxan ku cunin waa lacunaa-If i Get Bariis N Baasto-What More do i need? m tired of this Burgers/Gyros---Bless the Bariis and behold the basstto :D

plus havent u seen the chineese-wax walbo has bariis innit--marka bariiska waa caadi waxa dhibka ah waxay the dooro/hilib ari being cooked the same-now that i have a problem with!--cant they come with other ways of cooking the HILIB?

dawoco   

Gediid, my dear brother,,,i can tell you haven't had the pleasure of sampling calooleey oo maraq laga kariyay with muufo iyo bisbaas galabtii qoraxda hoosteeda kal iyo mooy lagu tumay :D ,,,,,for if you had, surely you wouldn't need a meager prawn coctail to provide a different taste for you bariis and basto dulled senses icon_razz.gif

And don't let me start on soor with caano garoor and lots of sokor....and then casariye consisting of rooti baana ooliyo with xalwo and qaxwo qaraar, oh how delicious it is!

bambina, abaayo i am like the chinese maid.

-don't do floors

-don't do windows

-don't do dishes

-don't do cooking

lol, as incompitent as it may make me sound, i would probably food poison people if i had to cook for them icon_razz.gif Although i am a typical case of can't cook, won't cook ;) ,,,,,i do know some basics. I have never been forced to cook because i am a girl, but i do know how to stay alive when hooyo macaan isn't around working her magic

Qac Qaac   

Dawaco, and most of you girls, are not being fair. you all say we won't cook most of you, and expect food from your mom, she is a woman too u know.

unless u guys are saying when we become mothers we'll cook. just like our mothers. or else u guys are being unfair.

for the guys who are saying they only cook bariis and pasto, who did u see bro, our ladies cook more than that... so aflagaadada ka daa gabdhaha. u know girls don't like when u say to them, u guys can't cook for jack.

once again i repeat, woman doesn't have to cook for her husband, if she is cooking for him out of love, and he knows the reason she is cooking for him is because of she loves him, not that he is a king, wouldn't all be better.

xquizit every joke has 25% truth in it. i am available, so what u say loooool.

Ibtisaam   

My mum used to say the same thing to me too, but lately she doesn't say that any more i guess she's given up on me. The thing with me is that i don't really mind cooking but i have two older sisters who just take the cooking in turns and they don't mind so am like go for it. And besides am not really expected to cook anyways. But i do know how to cook some couple of nice meals so that's alright better then nothing i guess ;) . So when my mum asks me when are you going to start cooking for the family? I always say inshallah hooyo when these two girls get married :D

Gediid   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

for the guys who are saying they only cook bariis and pasto, who did u see bro, our ladies cook more than that... so aflagaadada ka daa gabdhaha. u know girls don't like when u say to them, u guys can't cook for jack.

LOOL runta is ruunta I know my Mali queens are pretty but they carry a cook book with only 5 pages....