Sign in to follow this  
ANTARA

Men who hail from SSC

Saalax   

Buhoodle is currently the responsibility of puntland since they claim to be part of puntland and vice versa, you never see the ethiopians attacking las anod, erigavo, hargeysa, burco because it's under somaliland and we protect it, but don't expect somaliland to protect a rebel stronghold what kind of thinking is that, what is the point somaliland troops risking their lifes just to protect people who properly don't even appericiate their protection?

There is simply no agreement that says in the time of a attack from forgien troops that somaliland will protect buhoodle, matter infact the responsibility is on faroole and puntland to protect buhoodle which they failed the people, if buhoodle was fully under somaliland and considered to be part of somaliland then that would be a different story where the burden of the blame to protect buhoodle would be on somaliland.

A good example is when las anod security situation was so bad and even bombings were taking place, the somaliland adminstration knowing the responsibility to protect las anod from terrorists and bring law and order was on their shoulders which is why they captured several men who were part of the remote bombings which was happening in las anod few months back which they succeded in bringing peace law and order to the place that is what i call a real adminstration.

A_Khadar   

Originally posted by Sacad *Ducaale:

Buhoodle is currently the responsibility of puntland since they claim to be part of puntland and vice versa, you never see the ethiopians attacking las anod, erigavo, hargeysa, burco because it's under somaliland and we protect it, but don't expect somaliland to protect a rebel stronghold what kind of thinking is that, what is the point somaliland troops risking their lifes just to protect people who properly don't even appericiate their protection?

There is simply no agreement that says in the time of a attack from forgien troops that somaliland will protect buhoodle, matter infact the responsibility is on faroole and puntland to protect buhoodle which they failed the people, if buhoodle was fully under somaliland and considered to be part of somaliland then that would be a different story where the burden of the blame to protect buhoodle would be on somaliland.

A good example is when las anod security situation was so bad and even bombings were taking place, the somaliland adminstration knowing the responsibility to protect las anod from terrorists and bring law and order was on their shoulders which is why they captured several men who were part of the remote bombings which was happening in las anod few months back which they succeded in bringing peace law and order to the place that is what i call a real adminstration.

Qofka waxan qorayaa dhar ma xidhan yahay? I doubted walaahi..

Ibtisam   

^^A state as you claim does not and should not inaad la xiintant people. These so called rebels maxad uu tarrisan if you cannot protect them? Is that not the role of the state. Are you then surprised that they reject claims made by either state. If it is every man on his own, what is the use of titles?

I know what you mean by why risk others life for rebels, but really this "us Vs them" mentality is not fit for a state, and you are not doing any favours for yourself with this attitude.

Anigu personally I see it as shameful that Ethiopia can come and chase Somali women and kids within the Somali border, kill them and each administration (both SL/ PL) pretend it does not say anything about their legitimacy particularly are they are fighting to control that area. People should go with whoever can offer them security, peace and stability, ciid iska raaca maha but who can help you with your interest.

At this point, they (the people of those area) should understand that neither (SL or PL) is willing to step out of their comfort zone or upset their friends by helping them.

A_Khadar   

Che -Guevara, mark aan iri "BM21ka lala dhiciin doono kashmiir." dee waxan ka waday nabadiid rebelksa oo rabshaada wada ma ciid ka waday? stop being emotional, i don't have hatred for the people of SSC - also known as gobolada bariga ee somaliland i am myself from there.

did you said you are not hatred.. Nin baa dhihi jiray "Arey Jimcaale minaad been badanthay, yahey minaad xasuus badnaataa"..

You are too behind more then 13 people were killed from the buhoodle side with 30+ injured mainly from deeganka buhoodle., and the gaashaamo side lost 3 soldiers.

Saalax   

Ibtisam, my point was simply buhoodle is not under the protection of somaliland so the burden of the blame is not on somaliland but rather puntland, it's like al shabab controlled areas and xisbul islam, if something happens for example in barawa then it's al shabab's responsibility to do something and protect them like the recent handover of weapons of barawa citizens to al shabab, the same goes for beledweyne in xisbul islam, somaliland can't take the full responsibility to protect a place that they don't control fully that was my point, it's not us against them mentality but rather talking about how limited is somaliland's responsibility and control over the areas are, i believe in my personal opinion that somaliland shouldn't feel ashamed because they were not responsible for the affairs in buhoodle but the man who goes by the name xaklo-toosiye and faroole who claims buhoodle is part of them, don't you think if buhoodle are part of puntland then why don't the puntland state help them? it's not somalilands fault what happened in buhoodle but simply a misunderstanding between the ethiopian border troops and some impatient militias in buhoodle so they are responsible for what happened in buhoodle they and the ethiopians.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Somaliland makes up 30% of the whole of Somalia,

I know the argument you made there was not to state how big Somaliland population is. Infact, it was about making the point that SL should not be seen as the biggest issue in the demise of Somalia as it only represents 30% or less of the people of Somalia. I agree with the argument.

But I felt there is a factual error I need to correct incase the men and women who come from Dhulkii has given you an inflated view of the SL population. The Somaliland-clan (and here I mean the only clan which heartily pushes for the SL agenda) is a a sub-clan of one of the four major clans of Somalia. Hence, in the 4.5 calculation, they do not get even 1. They share the 1.

In what is geographically called Somaliland (former British Somaliland), there are various clans: the SSC (inculding the docile clan from which Hunguri comes from) :D , the Awdalites, and the major Gabooye clan who populate large swathes of the Hargeisa-Burco-Berbera Triangle. So, when we talk about SL, we should make it clear whether we are talking about the geography or the people who live in there.

Saalax   

Abtigiis & Tusbax, don't get ahead of yourself sxb we know the 4.5 thing was created in djibouti to undermine somaliland you should check out the CIA population census and documents apparently the USC people are the largest and the second largest group are the SNM in somalia, you can even check the last somalia census in 1975 that is why siad bare was not happy with the census and tried everything to hide it anyways haadi tiiro wax ku taari lahayd already ethiopia baad iska so xooraynlahaydh. ;)

Abtigiis   

Somaliland elite have used visceral fear of a giant that will swallow them if they deal with numerical realities rationally and accept that they are neither Laanghere nor the Aryans of Somalia (or Duriyad). I always thought both of these myths were the concotions of desperate politicians who thought they will pilfer an underserved share out of the national cake with such self-delusions.

It is sad to see the educated breed that they sired take these myths seriously and think they are numerically 'long-branched' if that term has any meaning without being put to the test of relative analysis. And it is a testamount to the foresighted mischief of the authors of such false realities that they claim the 4.5 calculation is invented to stifle Somaliland's dominancy in future Somalia.

As to the dubious censuses you have used as reference, at least I know my community is a tiny minority farther south. I leave it to the Pirates, who are themselves not short of creativity when it comes to self-promotion of their political magnanimity in Somalia, to challenge it. Afterall, it is they, who bettered the Laandheere claim of the North-Westerners by coining such time-less adage "MJ's iyo inta madax-madoow ayaa siman", which, if true, will ask of you to prove you are more than not only the inhabitants of PL but also the sum total of every pirate and all the black-headed sheep that are exported of Berbera each day put togather . :D

Saalax   

A&T, 4.5 is just a silly system remember it was made in djibouti a very biased country which hates somaliland and fears a succesful somaliland before 2004 no such thing as 4.5 existed, if you want to know who is large and who is not just check censuses, maps, documents etc, the CIA shows how populated the regions of SNM such as Burco, Hargeysa, Sanaag are, infact Hargeysa region alone has more population then pirateland, and remember mudug is shared, marka "MJ's iyo inta madax-madoow ayaa siman", is simply a myth you can take it with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

quote:Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

I know the argument you made there was not to state how big Somaliland population is. Infact, it was about making the point that SL should not be seen as the biggest issue in the demise of Somalia as it only represents 30% or less of the people of Somalia. I agree with the argument.

But I felt there is a factual error I need to correct incase the men and women who come from Dhulkii has given you an inflated view of the SL population. The Somaliland-clan (and here I mean the only clan which heartily pushes for the SL agenda) is a a sub-clan of one of the four major clans of Somalia. Hence, in the 4.5 calculation, they do not get even 1. They share the 1.

In what is geographically called Somaliland (former British Somaliland), there are various clans: the SSC (inculding the docile clan from which Hunguri comes from)
:D
, the Awdalites, and the major Gabooye clan who populate large swathes of the Hargeisa-Burco-Berbera Triangle. So, when we talk about SL, we should make it clear whether we are talking about the geography or the people who live in there.
A&T I'm nothing but plain speaking, waxaba ha warwargin, I spoke of somaliland as a whole; You want to make it an reer shike isxaaq Vs everyone else, that is how advocates of ethnic cleansing start their arguments. ;) And I'm not really interested in the if, iyo buts. I don't know how whatever points you think you are making is related to anything I asked AAliya?? I asked her about a statemen she made about the PAST, you are insistant to telling me about when dooms day arrives for shikes family. :confused:

In anycase as you were.

Scad* Inadheer caqli allah ha ku siyaadiyo. I don't know how you can claim a place, boast about taking over it in the future but when something like this happens throwing it to the other party you was trying to win from. It makes no logical sense but wa Somalis I expect such madness to make sense to only them.

NASSIR   

A&T, We know both war and peace but we are not truly good at the exaggerated make-belief stories that are well known in the tolka circles and their news portals .

Fyi, most of Sanaag region is under the control of its own people (the Makhirs). It is a region free from the erstwhile British reliant a.k.a victim-card bearers and new comers' of Somalia's polity long dominated by Puntlanders, so their influence is limited to the small villages their clans traditionally reside, that is the El-afwayn village and west of Erigavo.

They have tried on many ocassion with the help of Ethiopia to expand into it or at least capture the man who even ship weapons into that lesser front's narrow pursuit of clan interests ("ONLF") and its lily-livered leadership who live by their own concocted claims of a small war they fight only their people.

The secessionists have been squarely defeated and humiliated in Sanaag. They had it learned through hard lessons and won't certainly try again beyond their luck.

Unfortunately you might be the product of ill-advised part of Somalia's history, the inflated ones that was fed on the weak segments of our society by Siyad Bare's tribal campaign of equalization and rural development. :D

Ps. Reer Sool will get their lands back.

Taleexi   

Corrupted mind needs time to heal.

ANTARA   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

quote:Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

But I felt there is a factual error
lol why did u edit that qoute?

This whole argument of clan numbers reminds me of Faarax Af-cade markii lagu yidhi jannada gali maysid hadaad tukan waydid. Faarax then retorted inaanu mid laangaab ah oo uu janada ka xoogo waayi dooonin.

This feeling of clan superiority is just a delusion; it defies any sensory or rational data and can’t be objectively verifiable. No Somali is immune to it, including all of us here.....the trick is to cut each other some slack & not to use some crazy number that will piss off your friends who are just as delusional as you are.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

quote:
Originally Posted By Ms. Ibtisam

I don't know how you can claim a place, boast about taking over it in the future but when something like this happens throwing it to the other party you was trying to win from.
It makes no logical sense
but wa Somalis I expect such madness to make sense to only them.

Dear Ms. Ibti

It may not make a much of a
"logical sense"
(
or at least a certain version of Cartesian logic
) to you; but it most certainly makes an immanent
"political sense"
, indeed....
;)

In other words, the
"sub-text"
of the argument that Somaliland will be making, or at least the conclusion that one can draw in the
"absence"
of our vocal protest against such a thing happening in
Buuhoodle
at the hand of Ethiopia, which will leave no one in any doubt as to what we mean is that we in
"effect"
are saying to the folks of that area that since
"Pirate-land"
has proven to be incapable of
"protecting"
them; and since their
"border vulnerability"
is here to stay in the absence of a strong jurisdictional oversight at their behest, then, perhaps, they were wrong to reject Somaliland's sovereignty, in the first place.

Since, in the absence of that sort of
"legal protection"
over them, then, it's likely that Ethiopia will be continuing in it's present harassment of them, indeed….

So you see,
my dearest
, it makes, at least within the context of a
"dog-eat-dog-world-of-the-Somali-politics"
, a very much of a
"political sense"
, indeed....
;)

Regards,

Oodweyne.
Afnoolina waa hadlaa eyna waa ciyaa, adkayso saaxiib the game is on.