Sign in to follow this  
ANTARA

Men who hail from SSC

Saalax   

Mr. Nassir, atleast i am not the one who depends on 1 minister in puntland to build a mamuul for you who can't even set a leg on the regions capital - Erigavo who goes by the name rat teeth. icon_razz.gif

Taleexi   

Where is Hudaydi. The expert of Erigavo city and its history. The last lecture he gave about the city, in there he elobarated how admin of the city is run by the 4 clans that dwell in the city. Has anything changed since then?

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Mr. Mansa Munsa

:D:D

Adeer
, nin caytamay waa nin is dhiibey; markaa, bal cayda dib noogu dhig.

On the other hand; as for your empty bravado goes; well all one can say is that, we have been here before and we have hearing this talk of yours for the last several years. And therefore, I hope you shan't hold against me, particularly were I to dismissed it with a side-ways glance of a contempt, indeed...
:D

In other words, lets have a
"humility"
to know as to how a low of a road you are barking from now, at least long before others ought to take you seriously, indeed...
;)

Regards,

Oodweyne.

First ma caytamin oo taa iskala weyni. However, would you share with us your losses in Widhwidh and its environs? and the remoteness your lalaland reigning its will on our regions.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

quote:
Originally Posted By Ms. Ibtisam

I don't know how you can claim a place, boast about taking over it in the future but when something like this happens throwing it to the other party you was trying to win from.
It makes no logical sense
but wa Somalis I expect such madness to make sense to only them.

Dear Ms. Ibti

It may not make a much of a
"logical sense"
(
or at least a certain version of Cartesian logic
) to you; but it most certainly makes an immanent
"political sense"
, indeed....
;)

In other words, the
"sub-text"
of the argument that Somaliland will be making, or at least the conclusion that one can draw in the
"absence"
of our vocal protest against such a thing happening in
Buuhoodle
at the hand of Ethiopia, which will leave no one in any doubt as to what we mean is that we in
"effect"
are saying to the folks of that area that since
"Pirate-land"
has proven to be incapable of
"protecting"
them; and since their
"border vulnerability"
is here to stay in the absence of a strong jurisdictional oversight at their behest, then, perhaps, they were wrong to reject Somaliland's sovereignty, in the first place.

Since, in the absence of that sort of
"legal protection"
over them, then, it's likely that Ethiopia will be continuing in it's present harassment of them, indeed….

So you see,
my dearest
, it makes, at least within the context of a
"dog-eat-dog-world-of-the-Somali-politics"
, a very much of a
"political sense"
, indeed....
;)

Regards,

Oodweyne.
Oodweyne; Already meesha I watched you suffer and stood by baa dacdey a long time ago, this is not very good way to heal wounds.

In any case, your argument will be valid IF and A big IF, Somaliland once controlled that area and put Ethios in their place, and then they kicked out SL, PL came and Ethios abused them, but this is NOT the case. There is no proof that SL can or is willing to protect them. In fact since these kind of run ins with the Ethios happen quite often, and considering Riyaal is friends with the Ethios, it is not likely that as you argue that they will be safe. Border vulnerability exists in Hawd (SL) as you may already know, as soon as la daafo Haye Yarre, you see Ethiopians walking about.

Maybe if Somaliland was recognized by Ethiopia, again your argument would be a valid one.

Saalax   

Mansa_Munsa, erigavo belongs to whoever liberated it from the siad bare regime and hence belongs to the "Longbeards", that is why you have the elite family of Miire and Haji ruling Erigavo since god knows when this is not las qoray. ;)

Aaliyyah   

Posted by Ibtisam: Aliya are you serious?? Ma ka daba siidano (Put aside whatever debate you are having with the other dude, I support people to make their own choice) But what I am picking up on is what you said above in the quote. Is it not too soon to re-write history? or have you not done any reading on Somalia 1975-1990s? I would be interested to read how you came to the conclusion that people in Somalia, especially in the North, had everything.

It is funny how you chose to pick only my comments. And, chose to not address sacad ducale’s comments and his hatred comments to the people of SSC, to an extent he calls them Kashmir and advocated for it to be burned.

But, my comment was exactly reflecting the truth that was taking place at the time. There was a government, good education and good health care system. There was also peace from south to north at the time when snm was created at 1981 compare to today where there is tribal civil war both in North and south Somalia.

At the end of the day you said you respect the choice of the people. People of the SSC want nothing to do with Somaliland just like Somaliland wants to do nothing with Somalia.

Posted by ibtisam: To the Somaliland supporters: IS the Buuhodle attack by the Ethiopians an invasion of your "border" and national security/ interest. Why would you not defend against the Ethiopian aggression?

Ethiopia and Somaliland jointly attacked Buuhodle/widhwidh at the same time if you were following the news. People of buuhodle want nothing to do with Somaliland so why are you advocating for Somaliland to invade buhodle on the name of defending imaginary border.

Now you dont want somali government to come to Hargaisa and burco in the name of defending the Somali borders.

Posted by A& T Aaliya is right, there was a government in Somalia when SNM started fighting. Sure, there were oppression against SNM clan as well. Like it is now. There is a government in Somaliland, but the government there doesn't want to allow the SSC people to choose what they want, which is a dawlad goboleed named SSC. So, when Somaliland army attacks Buuhoodle or Las-Anod, the argument it makes about keeping borders is the same as the old one used by Jaalle Siyaad.

A& T my sentiment exactly. Unfortunately, Somalilanders don’t want to see that...way isla qumanyihiin..aduun.

Saalax   

Safa/Aliyah, what is wrong with being refered to as holy thou Kashmiir?, you can call somaliland whatever you want secessionists, Somalidiid, Habro triangle , " The Mugged 1's infact many of your kinsmen in SOL address my nation with those names and worse 1's but you will never see me complaining nor do you address them so why are you asking for Ibtisam to address my comments of Kashmiir ? charity starts at home walalo address your cousins such as Dalmar, A.Khadar, etc who are 24hr's on the offensive on somaliland + i have no hate for SSC folks but simply our "political interests" clash and i dislike the politics of men such as Xaklo-toosiiye as i don't think they are good for the people of the eastern Somaliland .

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Safa:

[QB]
quote:

Posted by Ibtisam: Aliya are you serious?? Ma ka daba siidano (Put aside whatever debate you are having with the other dude, I support people to make their own choice) But what I am picking up on is what you said above in the quote. Is it not too soon to re-write history? or have you not done any reading on Somalia 1975-1990s? I would be interested to read how you came to the conclusion that people in Somalia, especially in the North, had everything.

It is funny how you chose to pick only my comments. And, chose to not address sacad ducale’s comments and his hatred comments to the people of SSC, to an extent he calls them Kashmir and advocated for it to be burned.

But, my comment was exactly reflecting the truth that was taking place at the time. There was a government, good education and good health care system. There was also peace from south to north at the time when snm was created at 1981 compare to today where there is tribal civil war both in North and south Somalia.
Cuqdada iska saar Aaliya, I picked up on your comment because it caught my eye, I didn't read this guy aad iss hiisantan because madax igu xaanuna, he is always venting random things in most threads. If you want to argue with him that is your call, but anigu I don't fight with people who thinks they are part of ongoing conflicts in Somali soil while in the west. (that includes you and your "we have men to fight back" Daadkan aad isku tirsdid will end up losing their life, and it won't cost you nothing, so I guess it is easy for you to advocate for war)

As for your other comment, without going into details about Somalia, walahi you sound ignorant and worse belittling the suffering of so many somalis (and before you say so, these people I speak of were not Isa*aq nor my relatives, but they were Somali) The Somali government was systematic in its abuse, maybe your family were fine, maybe you had access to education, health iyo waxad sheegety, but the majority of Somalis did not and on top of that were oppressed. Baal adigu pick up a book, any book on Somalia and do some general reading about when the Somali government started falling part. The SNM and other similar organisations just kicked a hollow ship over.

At the end of the day you said you respect the choice of the people. People of the SSC want nothing to do with Somaliland just like Somaliland wants to do nothing with Somalia.

I don't have a role in either one, so to be honest you are preaching to the wrong person. No one cares what I think, nor do I live in SL/ Somalia, so I don't have to make a choice.

Posted by ibtisam: To the Somaliland supporters: IS the Buuhodle attack by the Ethiopians an invasion of your "border" and national security/ interest. Why would you not defend against the Ethiopian aggression?

Ethiopia and Somaliland jointly attacked Buuhodle/widhwidh at the same time if you were following the news. People of buuhodle want nothing to do with Somaliland so why are you advocating for Somaliland to invade buhodle on the name of defending imaginary border.

Now you dont want somali government to come to Hargaisa and burco in the name of defending the Somali borders.

I think you are confused, I did not advocate for anyone to attack or invade budhoodle, and like abroken record you keep repeating SL ma raabno to me, to which I keep telling I don't care. I asked a rhetorical and valid question to the SL supporters. As for the current news, unless you have some inside story, I read that there were separate attacks, one with SL troops and the other with Ethio troops. As I said I was concerned about Ethiopians randomly attacking women and children (i saw a video of them chasing women which caused a stampede) and I asked why the two states which fight over them did not support them.

Posted by A& T Aaliya is right, there was a government in Somalia when SNM started fighting. Sure, there were oppression against SNM clan as well. Like it is now. There is a government in Somaliland, but the government there doesn't want to allow the SSC people to choose what they want, which is a dawlad goboleed named SSC. So, when Somaliland army attacks Buuhoodle or Las-Anod, the argument it makes about keeping borders is the same as the old one used by Jaalle Siyaad.

A& T my sentiment exactly. Unfortunately, Somalilanders don’t want to see that...way isla qumanyihiin..aduun. In your haste to agree with a none existent point, A&T has led you to a dead end, again if you read Somali history you would know that Siyaad was not securing borders, he was stamping resistance out.

Diinac loo raco maleh, they let themselves down, disunity means maraba ciid bad dinca lagu jiidan. United they could make their own, iis jiid jiidna ma jirina, that is all I got to say. But like all poor place, support is brought and sold.

Aaliyyah   

Cuqdada iska saar Aaliya, I picked up on your comment because it caught my eye, I didn't read this guy aad iss hiisantan because madax igu xaanuna, he is always venting random things in most threads. If you want to argue with him that is your call, but anigu I don't fight with people who thinks they are part of ongoing conflicts in Somali soil while in the west.

Ibtisaam, You don’t need to get angry, you started to comment on my post. I didn’t say anything about you, so you shouldn’t get very emotional and insult me personally. Yes we disagree on Somali politics, but we can agree to disagree with out insults and bad mouthing.

The way you talking Ibtisaam, you are actually fighting in this forum. While you are in the west, so don’t be hypocrite and exclude yourself

Runtii qofka cuqdada qaba waa adi adoo jooga west ayaa wali ka gubanasaa dagaalo dhacay in ka badan 20 sano ka hor

that includes you and your "we have men to fight back" Daadkan aad isku tirsdid will end up losing their life, and it won't cost you nothing, so I guess it is easy for you to advocate for war

Was the snm men you support not losing lives in 1988 and now while they are fighting the ssc??

Are you not now angry and saying that people in somaliland were being abused in the 80s, justifying the snm men and their war with the Somali government? Are you not supporting the 88 war?? Mise shekadu wa marba say kugu baxdo…

As for your other comment, without going into details about Somalia, walahi you sound ignorant and worse belittling the suffering of so many somalis (and before you say so, these people I speak of were not Isa*aq nor my relatives, but they were Somali) The Somali government was systematic in its abuse, maybe your family were fine, maybe you had access to education, health iyo waxad sheegety, but the majority of Somalis did not and on top of that were oppressed. Baal adigu pick up a book, any book on Somalia and do some general reading about when the Somali government started falling part. The SNM and other similar organisations just kicked a hollow ship over.

First of all stop calling me names “ignorant” and the like and learn to share your view without name calling.

Secondly, I did not belittle the suffering of any Somalis. Read my post again without preconceived notion abt where I stand in the current political issues. I said 1981 Somalia was established. I did not say anything abt the war that took place in 1988. And, everyone knows how Somalia was in the early 80s and how established it was, that is a fact.

And, now incase you are not aware of maybe your families are safe and sound in burco. There are innocent people who had no role in the Somali political chaos being killed in SSC regions by Somaliland government.

I don't have a role in either one, so to be honest you are preaching to the wrong person. No one cares what I think, nor do I live in SL/ Somalia, so I don't have to make a choice.

If you don't think that you have to make a choice then why are you choosing pits and pieces from my posts. Or, do you think you have a choice when it comes to certain topics and disregard others?? does it all boil down to your political stand??

I think you are confused, I did not advocate for anyone to attack or invade budhoodle, and like abroken record you keep repeating SL ma raabno to me, to which I keep telling I don't care. I asked a rhetorical and valid question to the SL supporters. As for the current news, unless you have some inside story, I read that there were separate attacks, one with SL troops and the other with Ethio troops. As I said I was concerned about Ethiopians randomly attacking women and children (i saw a video of them chasing women which caused a stampede) and I asked why the two states which fight over them did not support them.

If you disagree with me you don’t have to call me confused or broken record? Or do you have the tendency to use bad words?? Plus if you don’t care about my repeated words of “SL ma rabno” who asked you to comment on my post?? Or do you think I give abt your repeated lines of “oh hargaisa burco don’t want to be part of Somalia”. I don’t care either.

Read what you wrote? And you did advocate invading buhodle by Sl ? when you wrote,

Why would you not defend against the Ethiopian aggression?

Exactly how will the very group (SL) that brought Ethiopian aggression in buhodle defend buhodle. Doesn’t make sense.

In your haste to agree with a none existent point, A&T has led you to a dead end, again if you read Somali history you would know that Siyaad was not securing borders, he was stamping resistance out.

You might disagree but Siyaad barre was securing borders and defending the territory of Somali Republic.

(Diinac loo raco maleh, they let themselves down, disunity means maraba ciid bad dinca lagu jiidan. United they could make their own, iis jiid jiidna ma jirina, that is all I got to say. But like all poor place, support is brought and sold.)

Are you talking about Northwest region in 1988, when most of the current Somaliland politicians were part of President Siyad Barre Government like Riyaale, Cigaal, etc

You are right ibti support is bought and Sold. Not a new thing.

Oz   

Salutes Aaliyah..you may have this one in the bag. :D Name calling to me, means you have lost the debate. You The generic "you", have to resort to that because you cannot win in an actual debate. You cannot prove your point so you try to derail. Or it shows that you have no control… again, loss of a debate.

Ps: Except for this one sick .... who used to tie his mother’s shoelaces together and then laugh and pour paint on her when she fell down.

The people of SSC are masters of their destiny and their destiny lies with Somalia not secession and certainly not with colonial borders which the darwish people fought the British for 20 years between 1900-1921 at time when Britain was at zeinth of its power.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Mansa Munsa:

Where is Hudaydi. The expert of Erigavo city and its history. The last lecture he gave about the city, in there he elobarated how admin of the city is run by the 4 clans that dwell in the city. Has anything changed since then?

Mansa, indeed Hudeydi was brilliant in his posts and nothing I know has changed, but who can wean Oodweyne off his blind support for Somaliland and its naked aggressions.

Here is my old response to his churlish mantra about Gen. Ilka-jir and his political decision to respect the clan treaties that govern the city. [i provided evidence in that thread of Xudeedi]. The city does not fall under the exclusive ownership of a single sub-clan or clan but of multiple sub-clans from H and I. Therefore it falls under the clan jurisdictions set by that treaty of 1993 following the cease fire of a 4 years civil war.

Because of your sheer ignorance on this city (Ceerigaabo), I went the extra mile in offering a free lecture of the long, tangled history that created the stand off between Makhir's celebrated success in maintaining their Political Independence and the attempt to retrieve the colonial framework of British Somaliland. Erigavo as a District can not be isolated from the rest of Sanaag because of its geographic, historical and political dimensions and the preeminent power and prestige the Sultanate held once in the region, for historically Erigavo and Las Khorey formed part of the Districts (Counties) of former British Somaliland. Even so, it was explained with concrete evidence how that city is run to this day and how it was founded by the Sultanate in its apogee, an administration that was recognized by the British Empire.

Despite the evidence of the Police and the Military under a Makhiri-born administrators, not to mention, the head of its Local Government Council, you are still blind and obstinate, in your silly assertion that the ownership and civil administration of Erigavo was established by the outcome of the post-1991 Somalia's tribal wars. If this is still the case, why is that ""Somaliland" project is absent in the other 4 official districts of the region? The fact that they humiliated your Warlord Minister and defeated his army would have been more than sufficient to demote the likes of Muse Ismail Dalaf from their positions. You would have told these gallant individuals in the current Erigavo admin that they did not deserve to be part of Erigavo Civil and Military Administration since the Makhiris, (being the vanguards of PL) have shown a total rejection of "our project".

Contrary to your beliefs, Makhiris run Erigavo based on the Peace Treaty provided and with total confidence to run exclusively the rest of their Districts, the violation of which would parry a blow, as it has been the case.

NASSIR   

Indeed Mansa. The Victory of Las Anod and environs is on the horizon. Your inalienable rights to defend your home when invaded and occupied are hard to be brushed off as "tribal" motivation, in this case. The reputed elders and intelectuals from this region have warned the seperatist enclave more than it was necessary and it's time to bring home justice and developments through military means.

Once that "freedom" is secured, they can then either join Puntland or form their own political entity. That option and political choice is with the people and no current self-declared entities should trade silly accusations and proxy war instigations between the natives on one hand and PL & SL on the other, least of dictating their destiny.

Saalax   

Tunas should stay in las qoray for their own safety i am sure we don't want a repeat of the 1990's where many perished in the red sea.