Sign in to follow this  
Dr Ligle

Puntland Allocates $30 000 To Drought Relief In The Region

NASSIR   

But sanaag population wise is bigger then nugaal. They recieved similar to nugaal which the population size of the state is about the same size as makhir

Oh really! Is that PL's official position?

Maakhir as a potential state forms the region of Sanaag, parts of Nugal and western Bari. Second , Sanag has more population than Sool as the latter was split from the Nugal in the late 80s. And most of Mudug falls under Galmudug.

But the chief source of this issue is NOT the distribution/allocat ion of this small fund. It's the administration's probable view that the Sanag region(the second largest region of Somalia) deserves not more than what the Nugal gets and particularly its disregard for Haylaan region, which the new PL constitution recognizes its existance. Haylaan falls under the Sool Plateau--the most affected area in the North.

With regard to demographics, PL's high population density is between Erigavo and Bosaaso zone, which are mainly inhabited by the Maakhiris. (See Fsau district pop density of 2004)

juma-nne   

:D:D your peopple are dumber than my popple, your people are poorer than my peopple. So and so is my peopple and is a scientist :D

you know what amazes me most this person can write this in a comprehensible english. or was it writen for him? :confused: :confused:

Dr Ligle   

Nasir before i even continue are you from that region of makhir? Secondly Mudug is majority galmudug? bring your data to correspond such a false claim.

Mudug is 5 districts

Gaalkacyo

Galdogob

Hobyo

Harardheere

Jariiban

Galkacyo, galdogob, jariban is puntland. Harardheere and and Hobyo is not puntland. That is 3 out of 5 cities belong to puntland. That is 80% of mudug. So i don't know where u have recieved such false data!!!!

Lastly bro i was discussing sanaag (makhir) part. If u look at the population of sanaag(makhir) not bari (makhir) which you tried to bring into your argument, you will see clearly that it is the size of nugaal. Tiri the degaans of makhir sanaag and you will see it yourself and the population of these. I remember reading it in unicef document not long ago. Lastly on the sanaag issue, u r aware that sanaag did recieve rain recently and therefore their case is not as urgent as other regions. If you are reasonable person you will accept this, if you are not then that is totally different story. Rain in sanaag yesterday read yourself

http://sanaagpost.co m/display_page.php?a rticleid=3275

As for the haylan issue, farole is going there soon he said to form a new mayor and district council for that region and inshallah then you will see haylaan getting it's fair share.

At this stage there is no haylan council to rely upon to make sure it reaches the people in that degaan and that is why they have not been included.

I think this puntland administration is doing it best nassir, it is not perfect, nowhere is perfect but it is trying their best which you should congratulate them for rather then criticize.

As for the aid given it is temporary fix to the drought issue, i am certain they will hire our trucks and ship water to the critically affected areas. But like i said we need a permanent solution to this drought and i believe $500 000 investment into cloud-seeding can achieve this!!!

I remember recently the puntland diaspora in europe raised about $1 million for the idps and the samafal and nasrullahi charity organization took that to puntland to help them.

So i am show if we hold a fund-rasing event we can raise the same amount for this cloud seeding project which only needs.

1. Airplane

2. Staff

3. Fertlizer (seeding) equipment

We can fly the planes across the affected regions when there are clouds present and blast the fertlizer into the cloud and see rain come out. This is only effective when their is clouds. What it does is, when it is the wet season u can use this equipment to generate more rain for the region so when a drought does come we will have more water in the water-wells to hold us through to the next rain-season.

That is the logic of the system and there are many places its been used and especially in places of semi-arid land like dubai who said they increased 80% their water reserves.