Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

US says, The leadership of the TFG needs to change...Jendayi Fraser

Very well said. But dont you think she is lil bit more closer to what you want:

-TFG current leadership not fit to continue leading cause of their involvement in the massacre

- suggesting that Ethio troops to leave as soon as the deployment of AU troops are completed, in order not to create security vacum

- Organisation and convening of the reconciliation government should not involve current members of the TFG, in attempt to legitimise it as sincere and unbiased

She said all the above and more, so sxb instead of us all the time being negative and rebellious , shouldnt we build on that small gesture from Ms.Fraser - I think we should.

The other thing I like about her interview is how she revealed her interactions with Sheikh Sharif, not everything is holier than though.

Adeer, What was the point of Jendayi's bosses spending millions of dollars on a mission they will abandon quickly? Did she suddenly realize that these two criminals are unfit to rule this chaotic nation and transform it into a vibrant democracy? A shining example for the rest of Africa? This is all Diplomatic talk, Reminds me of the phrase, Qawda maqashii waxna haa uqabanin…

But,You never know politics, Its weired; we have seen the strangest & peculariest of coalitions & partners before. Who knows, You may have Duke & company supporting Yey & Riyale as insurgents on one side vs Xiinfanin & Co supporting the Ethiopians & Sh.Sharif on the other side as librators. :D

Juje   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Will there be a Somlai reconciliation conference on June?

Dont know whether it is going to be June or July or even before or after, but the fact that she mentions the necessity to hold one, and the fact that she mentiones that the TFG should not hand pick delegates and the fact that she mentiones that the TFG leaders are not suitable to extend their leadership beyond such a conference, should give confort to you guys and others wo demmed that the TFG was not fir to rule given of its treason.

So guys take an inch first in order to get the full yard. If you put timeframe on the whole process and pre-conditions you will lack the compromise.

As much as I blame Fraser and what she represents on the desperate situation in the ground, I, however, trust that this interview gives a window of hope. I hope the other players in the field opposed to the TFG make use of it and build on it rather than rejecting,

Duufaan   

She mentioned 2009, the end of Yusuf period. My understandning is that, this meeting is the perparation for the next goverment. I do not think, another goverment will be create soon but the next goverment without this current leadership. That is very welcome

Juje we have been hoping to have government for 16 years, so i don't that it will hurt to have one more hope but the problem is that we can trust the people that are runing this reconciliation

lol@Faarax!

Jujew, I do see your point. No one would support a perpetual war. We all said reconciliation is the only sensible choice to make peace. But our pessimism as far as America delivering a unity government, or any government for that matter, for Somalia goes, is well founded! We distrust this Bush admin for many reasons…

But lets wait and see...

The upcoming Somali reconciliation conference

will be the final nail driven into the coffin of the secessionists’ dream which of late evolved into dreadful nightmares and hallucinations. smile.gif

Let us work gother to create peace and give no execuse for Zenawi to keep his troops in Somalia. His troops are not only in Mog. but also freely come and go in the northwest region of the country...

adigu northwest wax la yidhaa baad cuqdad ka qabtaa sow maaha ?? :D

relax man ,,,,,, soon you'll be one of our citizens ,,,,

roobleh   

The anti-TFG camp should take advantage of the situation and bring their best men forward for the June reconciliation. It is a damp for anti-TFG camp to stay out of the reconciliation and waste their time demanding Ethio to leave.

Ethio is here and is available to provide its services to anyone who wins the upcoming conference. Ethio is the one responsible for the current TFG to succeed and defeated the ICU. They can get rid off and even arrest any warlord who tries to protest. They will use force as they did before for any rebellion. So the era of Abdulahi Yussuf and Gedi &co is gone.

So there is only one of two choices for anti-Tfg to make. One choice is to make the conference a reality and bring your 'oday' and policians to back up a new and better government for your citizens. The second choice is to stay on the sidelines and let another warlord become a president while you busy blaming Ethio and the US. And this is a damp choice.

If you play your cards right this time and elect a new government that suits you then Ethio will leave when things settle down. However, you've to realize that in order for a new government to succeed, they must have the Ethio power.

The reality is if you do not use the power services Ethio is offering with the blessing of the US, someone else will and you will be marchinalised for a long time. And that is what you do not want to happen again.

Use Ethio or someone else will.

roobleh   

^ No, you are wrong. Anti-TFG is not a 'qolo' but group of Somalis who do not support the current TFG.

The interesting thing to see is if the TFG supporters who were shouting loud yesterday for Somalinimo continue their Somalinimo when Yussuf and Geddi disappear after the June conference.