Sign in to follow this  
Pacifist

Would you ask your Wife or Husband to be Tested 4 AIDS

raula   

SisSade summed it better-I concur w/her! (NB: there are a lot of other STD/I's in this century-and many can be prevented by a simple precaution-GETTING TESTED- if indeed you have the means possible!)

Samafal   

Hasna,

You are slow, arent you.. ;) Gorrmaad soo kacday waa xeero iyo fandhaal kaladhaceen..(if you r fish & chip or sijui you r excused to undersatnd that)

People you must be dreaming who is that have the audacity to ask his/her future wife or husband to come to the STD clinic before any thing can happen..gabadhaas saas ah waaba mid indha adayg dhamaysay..its easier said than done

Gediid   

No need to rewrap a candy once you tasted one.Dadka maanta jooga maacaanka before marriage ayaa la wada taste gareeyey and by the time guur la isla af garto testing will not matter.Its a catch 22 type of situation.Hope he/she is STD free.

Gediid   

I never said I knew how it tasted ,just heard too many hebel and heblooyos unwrapping the package before it reached its destination.

Quote by Rainbow

People you must be dreaming who is that have the audacity to ask his/her future wife or husband to come to the STD clinic before any thing can happen..gabadhaas saas ah waaba mid indha adayg dhamaysay..its easier said than done

Good ahead then Raiiiiiiiiiinbowwwwwwwww

if its Indha adayg then good luck with the HIV brother. WInks and then Runs for her life from Rainbow!!!!!!!!!! :D

Samafal   

Sujui,

What is the point of marrying if you going to wear macawis (that is if I understood what you really mean Macawis)

Guina,

You are not going to run far, be warned! I am a member of peacekeeping military mission that are being prepared to keep the peace in Somalia, not will I keep the peace while I am there but I will take the extra task of hunting you down wherever you might be..what I can not obtain by your consent I will through my intimidating military uniform! So no escape for you dear

Xoogsade   

With the scary stories coming out of Somali communities wherever they live, Aids testing is not a bad idea before marriage. The chances of being infected with the decease is higher than it used to be among somalis. So why Not?

I think the question needs to be examined as to what was the true intentions of the questioner. It seems the tragic inflictios pertaining to the HIV/AIDS are almost non-existant in our socaity. When I say our sociaty, I personally mean the Somalis who are truly adhering the essence of Islam and the value of our culture, which I believe are two strong elements that can tackle and prevent the spread of the decease within our people.

NGONGE   

I agree with Rainbow, this is a very tricky question to ask. There was a time when the only answer a girl wanted to hear from her prospective husband was “ Yes, I love you, darlingâ€. Now, the whole idea of marriage has been turned into some sort of business deal. They discuss the place they’re going to live in, the type of furniture they’ll have, the duties of cleaning the house, the children they’re going to have and when should they start planning for that. If they don’t’ plan to have kids straight away, they discuss the sort of “protection†they’re going to use. Is it going to be a condom or the pill? Is she going to stay at home and look after the kids or is she going straight back to work after her maternity-leave ends? They talk about sex and how they plan to do it and in which rooms, styles and poses! They swap details about their previous experiences and fain shyness. They talk about everything and anything but HIV TESTING. They’re not likely to talk about that either.

I can’t imagine many men asking that question. The implications and connotations attached to it are huge. I also can’t think of many girls who would “dare†ask that question. But, even if some people have the courage to ask it, the majority are likely to be satisfied with “No, I don’t think I have any diseases, don’t you trust me, baby?†;)

Then again, I’m probably too old for the “dating†scene and have no idea of what new developments are taking place there. :D

I dont think its an ISSUE. We will BOTH get a complete medical, so as to be fair. Its only natural to want to know what you're getting urself into.

Xarago   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

There was a time when the only answer a girl wanted to hear from her prospective husband was “ Yes, I love you, darlingâ€.

Wa bila "I love you darling". Wa hodhe aya laga tagey waxaas saxiib. In this World today it is better to be safe than sorry. You love me ...I also love you very much darling....but lets do the test. That is the norm now. Having said that what am afraid of is if he plays away later after passing through all these test......russian roulette I guess. Unless we can find a lock which we have the keys only....how ideal that would be .. :D .

Sorry to barge in am new in here...couldnt resist the temptation.

Pacifist   

Xarago wlc walashis go ahead and put your two cents in everything don't be scared coz you are the new chiquita on the block soo dhawooooow :D

Rainbow excuseeetoooooooouuu sijui you said walaal am proud to be one and am not ashamed of it. Merely its was a question to my fellow nomads. If that is your preference then its all good and gravy!!!!! :D and girls like me are Indha Adayg. I will go upto him say it with Indha Adayg :eek: It there is nothing to hide then way refuse ciao bella for now

Why would you ask them to get tested for AIDS? Cant you just ask them to take a blood test to test for any diseases or inherited gentical disorders or whatever.....and if they find any STDs then youll be informed.