Sign in to follow this  
Pacifist

Would you ask your Wife or Husband to be Tested 4 AIDS

Pacifist   

Assalamu Alaikum

Dear Fellow Nomads

I would like to know if you would ask your Husband or Wife to be to be tested for Aids. Since this is world wide problem and you simply never know who has been affected with the Virus.

I would like to know what your opinions are on this.

May Allah show us the right path

Fi amanilah

Waaq   

Hasna,

I assume you mean prior to getting married, or the relationship becoming exclusive? This is difficult to deal with, because ideally you would trust your husband or wife completely before you decide to commit to marraige. I would probably say no, unless I knew that they had been with many people in the past, or they have cheated. Which would likely affect our relationship anyways.

Mahad

I would have no problem putting to rest any doubts or anxieties that my would-be spouce might have smile.gif , admitedly the issue is a dificult one to circumnavigate without offending or spoiling the pre-marital Bliss

Sincere   

I personaly dont have the audacity/inda adeeg to ask my wife to be, to get tested.

Intresting question...lemme ponder some more

Pacifist   

Just as i though But you have to remember this is our life if they are infected you can get the Virus. So ruining the relationship or your LIfe???

which one is important

Pacifist   

By the way I just heard about a a lady in my town getting the virus because she got it from her husband. He was carrying the virus before they got married now she is pregnant and has the virus. Look at that :mad:

You don't really know if someone has been around the block... You can't really tell

Samafal   

Well before I got married I would ask her if she is virgin or not..if the answer is NO then there is no marriage thing to talk about..but if the answer is YES and I am not still sure I would test with some other TOOL other than that important one :D

Pacifist   

nice Name for a Male

Rainbow

brother do you live in medieval ages. Boys and girls today say there are virgins even if they are not. Wake up and smell the coffee :D

Without Question definitely big YES...Not because i don't trust them but there can always be the sitution where they contracted something and didn't know themselves...But more in my case is i wanted not only test for Aids i want to do a completely genetic history, since as somali individuals there are no records of our medical history, there are a lot of things to consider such as birth defect or anything else...Blood test is a must in your days and times now...Without taking it seriously one is a setting duck for anything...bee bye

Asalaam aleykum

Nice qn sister Husna. I agree with you at looking at the HIV virus as a pandemic

You don't really know if someone has been around the block... You can't really tell

and can be contracted in alot of ways -Blood transfusion,from mother to child, thru the prick of needles ...... May Allah protect us.

Considering the issue of regarding virgins as safe. They can only be safe in terms of morality and as a ruling from Allah SWT.Its a wrong mentality to think that they maybe HIV free as they maybe infected by other means. HIV is deadly.

Returning to the original qn, I would prefer doing the test to clear the air.I personally consider it a prereqisuite. I know that health is an Amanah from Allah but the risks which come with some diseases are to heavy. I wouldnt mind dying of it if it will be my fate but leaving a young child living with the stigma and the disease as an orphan is heart breaking.

Another thing to consider too is you may come up with false negative results.As during the window period of the HIV infection the viremia hasnt started. So u can get married unknowingly to an HIV positive person.

Apart from HIV- Hepatitis B is also a deadly disease and needs to be tested. Can be transmitted sexually too.

At the end fate takes its toll.

If he had prior sexual escapades, then heck YES.

These days its a must. We can not take life too granted. There are too many people in the world who got infected by their spouses due to indiscretions in that relationship.

well, its not only about past under activities only! r u aware how many ppl got this thru blood transfusions etc.,

no matter what, do u & partner a big favor and do a blood test before u tie the knott!! we all living in the 21st so lets us do the right thing!

better be save than sorry!! aye! ;)