Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Why Don't the Americans use Drones in Somalia?

Peacenow   

There is a killer application out there in the air and it is called drones. Apparently the latest Israeli drone the Eitan, can hover for 24 hours in the sky, until it finds you. The person who pushes the button, could be thousands of miles away. And suddenly you are dead.

It's wonderful isn't it. I have been reading up on these machines.

Somalia's topography would be even more ideal for them to operate in. It's largely a flat land isn't it. And barren too, since there is no development. A Islamist training camp, would be easy to find.

''Predator drone was hovering about three kilometers (2 miles) above the house of Mehsud's father-in-law, somewhere in the Pakistani province of South Waziristan. The drone's infrared camera sent remarkably sharp images in real time to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. The images showed the Taliban leader sitting on the roof of his house, in the company of his wife, his uncle and a doctor.''

So what is stopping America from launching it there.

Come on America, rid us of these arab lovers.

Source: http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,682612,00.html

Castro   

Originally posted by Peacenow:

There is a killer application out there in the air and it is called drones. Apparently the latest Israeli drone the Eitan, can hover for 24 hours in the sky, until it finds you. The person who pushes the button, could be thousands of miles away. And suddenly you are dead.

It's wonderful isn't it.

A house divided against itself cannot stand, a wise man once said. Some of your brethren are Arab lovers as much as you are a European lover. They have the same contempt for you that you do for them. Frankly, I'd throw both of you overboard.

Now tell me, how is an Israeli drone going to fix this?

Sikaawe   

Originally posted by Peacenow:

It's wonderful isn't it. I have been reading up on these machines.

Somalia's topography would be even more ideal for them to operate in. It's largely a flat land isn't it. And barren too, since there is no development. A Islamist training camp, would be easy to find.

''Predator drone was hovering about three kilometers (2 miles) above the house of Mehsud's father-in-law, somewhere in the Pakistani province of South Waziristan. The drone's infrared camera sent remarkably sharp images in real time to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. The images showed the Taliban leader sitting on the roof of his house, in the company of his wife, his uncle and a doctor.''

So what is stopping America from launching it there.

Come on America, rid us of these arab lovers.

Source:

I believe the so-called drones do not kill flies let alone people or bigger targets. The hype and the media of the USA make people believe whatever said.