Sign in to follow this  
Eccentric Nomad

Pre maritial Questions to consider

-Lily-   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

So long as a guy is balwad-free, prays 5/day, and is tall, dark and handsome with a booming career, I would persue him til the end of the world.Maxaa waxaasoo hadal iyo jaqjaq keenay, iska daba raaracsii.

:D I like the way you've simplified it...

They are interesting questions if you intend to have an arranged marriage, otherwise these things do come up, and some questions will inevitably need to be asked right out, eg. the beating of kids is out of the question, I mean how horrified would you be if Mr-so-called ‘Gentle’ Farax believed in smacking kids? LoL…

Nephissa   

I mean how horrified would you be if Mr-so-called ‘Gentle’ Farax believed in smacking kids? LoL…

It's a B I G red flag. Today is the kid, tomorrow it's going to be YOU getting smacked upside your head. Don't be naive and trusting, you should see it coming.. :D

YoniZ   

What is wrong with smacking kids as a form of dicipline?

It could also show affection towards the wife if she got smacked occasionally. :D

UK_ROSE   

Some excellent questions. I started to panic as i was reading them coz am getting engaged soon and don't know most of these things about my partner.

Though i would like to know the answers to all these questions I wouldn't sit there and interview him and if I know everything about hin there'll be nothing to discuss when we marry. That'll be very boring.

Ibtisam   

^^^Erm congrats dear smile.gif .... GOOD LUCK.. I'm sure you will not need it...but do make lots and lots of dua's smile.gif

t's a B I G red flag. Today is the kid, tomorrow it's going to be YOU getting smacked upside your head. Don't be naive and trusting, you should see it coming..

:D lool

I agree with Lily, alot of these things tend to come up in convo if you're in the conventional shuukansi type of relationship as opposed to arranged marriage.

This sort of stuff drives my paranoid mind bananas, guys do lie contrary to popular belief and some of them are pretty damn smooth at it!Can you imagine expecting somebody to be a certain way?

It's best to know the important things and if indifference occurs on smaller things then to work at it diplomatically (Best believe there WILL be some indifference despite whether you have a list of Qs answered)

-Lily-   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

It's a B I G red flag. Today is the kid, tomorrow it's going to be YOU getting smacked upside your head. Don't be naive and trusting, you should see it coming..
:D

Ha ha ha, wa marko qabriga gali lahay, I was more worried for the innocent babes. Only cowardly adults who lack patience and understanding beat kids. Smacking teaches kids through humiliation & pain, totally out of order and unnecessary.

Yoniz, keep telling yourself that until you have enough criminal records to inform you otherwise.

YoniZ   

Lily,

Smacking remains legal where I live, as the majority rightly oppose the presence of the Big Brother State in their living rooms.

Khalaf   

Lily then how would u discipline ur kids inshallah? U wouldn't even say bring out ur hand waryaa and hit with a pencil....ahh i remember dat....u be the dream mother of every kid marka.

kids know their parents well...are very smart......just by facial expressions of my parents i could tell when somthin was coming.

....daaaash.......honestly i rather get beat then yelled at...that is what i hated most yelling and lecturing......just hit me dat better.

insanity@ the questionare....

Originally posted by -Lily-:

quote:Originally posted by Nephthys:

It's a B I G red flag. Today is the kid, tomorrow it's going to be YOU getting smacked upside your head. Don't be naive and trusting, you should see it coming..
:D

Ha ha ha, wa marko qabriga gali lahay, I was more worried for the innocent babes. Only cowardly adults who lack patience and understanding beat kids. Smacking teaches kids through humiliation & pain, totally out of order and unnecessary.

Yoniz, keep telling yourself that until you have enough criminal records to inform you otherwise.
Ow! I had a different kind of smacking in mind here. Carry on KIDS :D

-Lily-   

^^^It wasn't missed on us but we chose not to pursue it, keep your kinkiness to yourself young man. I mean really, of late SOL has turned into a self-confession booth… icon_razz.gif

Khalaf, I’ll think of that when I’m in that situation but it certainly won’t involve smacking.

Aaliyyah   

I am totally against spanking kids. It is not an ideal way to teach ur kids manners. It is better if you give them long lectures, that way they will know why they should not repeat such actions. A child shouldn't engage in certain actions because he/she knows its wrong rather than fearing someone.

By lecturing, I mean talking to them in a normal tone. Yelling is not an option either. A child must know you are in control and have the upper hand. Otherwise, maybe spaking and yelling is what they found amusing, you know how children are always looking for attention in any possible way. Besides, I know it is not easy to lecture a child, they are certainly a bit edgy and impatient. However, gradually they will change.

Originally posted by -Lily-:

I mean really, of late SOL has turned into a self-confession booth…
icon_razz.gif

Actually beentaa maaha. All these married ppl are bringing their shuqul xumo to us. Laakin,Laziegirl took it to a Whole new level. :D

War waan gaduutay,markan aqriye[At least i didnt post on that thread].