Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Islamic groups with non islamic ideals

As we see more violence by islamic groups in somalia, Should Somalia take adifferent angle in eradicating groups using Islamic ideals to murder the poor citizens of somalia. Isnt it time we saw these groups as unislamic and only used as pawns by certain Islamic religious sects around the world. Islam is a peaceful religion and respects human life.

Ibtisam   

I hate that word, eradicating :eek: :eek: By advocating such move, you are as bad as them. Acuudubililah, no one wins in Somali warfare.

In any case, regardless of what Islamic group they are, when someone attempts to "eradicate" them, ninkaast qabilikiis baa soo taagan, that is Somali politics for you. Maybe selective eradication for those who have no clan that defend them is what always happens.

Question is are they any good to anyone. Rather than agree to disagree they kill. And you believe they wont kill their own to achieve what they want? Besides eradication to you may mean one thing and to me it has many different connotations. Suffice to say. eradicating the ideals, could be achieved by re-education. Oh by the way qabiil is soon to be history as it has only brought sorrow and more human suffering.

Ibtisam   

The way of qabil is NOT going to be history in Somalia, and people who theorise about the emergency of religion as a dominate factor or replacement for the qabil factor in Somali social interactions and alliance are peddling ideals rather than reality. As it stands, regardless of whether we dislike it or not, qabil is in the foreseeable Somalia future. There is no reliable evidence to suggest otherwise, particularly since all these so called religious groups are each rooted in one clan or another.

As for what you mean eradication: Well, it seems I mistakenly took military eradication as your suggestion, so my bad, sorry. However it would seem to be the only plausible suggestion, because eradication by re-programming and re-educating the people who are in these “Islamic groups” requires an environment where they are the weaker, controlled subjects without any control or say over their destiny, it also requires technological and unavailable resources and stable environment. I’m sure you are aware that Saudi Arabia who launched this same brainwashing and re-engineering subjects who were adopting harmful interpretation of Islam has not been all that successful despite the resources that were poured in. Likewise in the UK, the idea has not passed the proposal stages despite many attempts to try and launch it.

Considering it has not worked in stable, richer countries, who have dominate and almost completely control of similar groups, it would be illogical to think that it would work in Somalia where they [Who require re-education] have the space, weapon, dedicated followers, foreign backers and the superiority and control of most of the country. If anything iyaga aya re-education saminayah. smile.gif

Oh well I do believe that qabiil in itself doesnt exist anymore but interests groups. Your qabiil wouldnt know much about you unless ofcouse you are materialistically blessed so to speak. The poor are used as an end to means by those who want to climb the ladder of political success by an old British adage of divide and rule. And it is scare mongering.